Exciting opportunity to join a professional team in an early stage laboratory with international operations. Servicing the Canadian meat processing and grocery sector the Laboratory Technician will support the analytical team in the delivery of client services. The role will involve lab based sample & data coordination and client interaction – anticipating issues before they arise. Field support of client requirements both within Alberta and across Canada will also be a feature. The successful candidate is expected to have a natural ability to problem-solve and a strong technical background in food analyses and associated information systems. A proactive approach to overcoming challenges and championing solutions will ensure career progression. Working familiarity with batch scanners/barcode labelling systems together with 3-5 years relevant experience will be highly advantageous. A background in a biological science with experience of PCR and DNA based methods is preferred.
- Provide an effective interface between the lab team and the client to deliver on agreed sampling plans, schedules, logistics
- Field support to third party meat production and distribution premises- facilitate and troubleshoot sampling and data exchange processes
- Completes planned projects; communicates progress
- Keeps laboratory equipment operating; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and quality records
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances laboratory and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the role.
Creative problem solver; confident and articulate communicator; strong analytical and above average computing skills; works well under pressure and to tight deadlines; time management; project management; enjoys being part of a dynamic multi-cultural team; takes personal ownership and responsibility; Quality systems/HACCP; fluent English.
- Primary Degree in Food, Agriculture, Biological Science or equivalent
- Driving License (and own vehicle)
Indeed - 8 months ago