Calgary Stampede

Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews in Canada

fun worplace with lots to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
the stampede is the greatest place on earth job wise because you can make a lot of money in 10 days. a normal work day would be you arriving on the stampede grounds, singing in the heading to your work post, working your hours then heading home or staying at the grounds.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hot hours
bussing tables
Calgary Stampede Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Was an excellent summer job and I would very much be proud to work for them again! Fast paced and high stress, but totally worth every second I worked for them.
Work life at the Calgary Stampede
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKSeptember 20, 2015
I was a team leader for the facilities, yeah it was gross. But i still had great reliable co-workers with me. What i learned was to be more patient, because sometimes there was just a rush of people come into the washroom and i wouldnt be able to clean in the toilet area i should say. Management was incredible, my boss put so much authority out to let people know that he was THE BOSS, but i always was on his good side, never had any blow ups, or anything from him to me, so i'd say i did a really good job. My coworkers were supportive, but just as much very hard on me, they were challengening me to do a good job, and they did. The hardest part of the job was just waiting for the line up to go down so i could clean the counters/bathroom areas. The most enjoyable part was I had so many supporters around me it made me feel like I was at home.
Pros
Always had people to make me laugh even when I was upset, and the rewards.
Cons
Drunken people, unreliable employee (one)
it was good
Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2015
its was good, good hours,people and environment was great for the few day I was there and after work you could reflex and have fun in the park to take the stress off overall very good
Pros
Free access
calgary stampede 2014
Food Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2015
learned how to cook and prepare foods in a fast paced environment. handled cash and debit, cleaned the tables. The best part of the job had to be the free poutines I got, and the worst was the management.
Pros
free poutines and soft drinks
Cons
job stateablility, workers enviornment
Fun, high energy
Cash & food prep (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 5, 2015
Great place to work for the summer! Good experience, fast paced environment. Get to do a little bit of everything while working there
Fun but not very much room to grow
Head Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, CanadaAugust 25, 2015
Management was lazy at times. No room for promotions and employees did not care about much except getting paid. Hours were long and it was always very warm. Breaks were limited. Although a very fun place to work.
Fast pace enviroment, fun job for the most part
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2015
Everyday at work I would go to my stand and call people over to come into the stand and play the game I was at. I learned a lot more people skills, as before I was pretty shy. Although I felt expendable to my employer and there was no job security which made me uncomfortable. The people I worked with were very energetic and enthusiastic about their jobs which I worked well with. The hardest part of my job was being out in the hot sun all afternoon and working all night, then closing up the stand. I enjoyed interacting with people and working with my co-workers.
Pros
having good people to work with.
Gate Attendant
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Long hours in beating sun. Staff and co-workers were very nice and lenient. Overall a very nice experience. Good way to make quick cash
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Heat
Stampede is fun but not such a great place to work
General Help (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2015
Nothing spectacular, just washing dishes and free steak from Executive leftovers. Entry to the stampede is free and you get to roam around the grounds on your break or after work.

This job is perfect for any High school or College student wanting to make extra cash on the side.
Enjoyable
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJune 16, 2015
The stampede provides a very fun and easy summer job for students. Only 10 days with very good pay. You can work with your friends and have a blast while making money.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Hard work
Fun and easy job
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
Scanning Entry tickets, I learned good customer service skills, the management was good, the co-workers were fun and easy to get along with, there was no hard part of the job, scanning entry tickets, and the most enjoyable part was getting to be outside and in a fun environment.
productive workplace
Parking attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2015
my typical day at work would be outside standing at the front of the parking entrance and to greet customers and their vehicles and to direct them to where they need to park. Direct traffic to keep lot flow calm and going smoothly. Also provide customers with directions and locations on where they need to be.
produtive place, good working environment
waste management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2015
get to work 15 minute's early get to your group, go to your route and clean help others and such.

I learnt to be mature because I really want to be taken seriously by others.

Duties included general clean up of stampede grounds during Stampede duties also include sorting recyclable materials

The only time I would talk to my co workers was at break and they would do the same.

The weather because it was the time that it was flooding in Calgary.

Helping others in the stampede.
Productive and a fun job
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary AbJanuary 19, 2015
Rahanas was a great place to work and was able to gain great skills in the 2 weeks of working.
Pros
free food
Cons
dangerous at night
Nothing to say.
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 12, 2015
I did not enjoy working here, its nothing but standing in place dealing with peoples snobby attitude.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
terrible people
Productive and Fun
Park Admission Staff (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2015
It was challenging and fun but their salary was poor.
I learned about cultural diversity and communicating with different kinds of people.
I learned how to handle stress
My co-workers are great
The hardest part of the job is the whole 8 hours shift, because the flow of people/customer was constant.
quick way to earn money
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2014
for the short time stampede is around its super easy money, depending on the job you get, it can be dirty and gross, but its an alright place to work.
Pros
good hours, some perks
Cons
dirty jobs.
Parking is Disorganized Gong Show - multiple performances weekly
Parking (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2014
NO appreciation, ever! Pay is docked for breaks you don't get. Too bad no one there has ever heard of "planning" - they run it like it's their first rodeo. It is soooo poorly managed - stay away from Parking!
great team
Casual Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  CalgaryNovember 16, 2014
It is a new job for me but so far so good. The management is great , professional and friendly.
Pros
freedom with the work schedule