Calgary Stampede

Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews in Canada

It was good
Facility Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 19, 2016
the work environment was very relaxing during the morning. In the afternoon it would start to get hectic. the employees were really nice
fun place to work.. during stampede time
Building Attendant1 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
good company are it used to be until the super attendant candace took over she does not know how to run anything but without her it would be a great company loved working with the staff company has gone done hill drastically in the last 5 years but even still its the type of job that makes u feel like family and a home away from home
Pros
free luches great staff
Cons
to much favortisim
Work life at the Calgary Stampede
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKSeptember 20, 2015
I was a team leader for the facilities, yeah it was gross. But i still had great reliable co-workers with me. What i learned was to be more patient, because sometimes there was just a rush of people come into the washroom and i wouldnt be able to clean in the toilet area i should say. Management was incredible, my boss put so much authority out to let people know that he was THE BOSS, but i always was on his good side, never had any blow ups, or anything from him to me, so i'd say i did a really good job. My coworkers were supportive, but just as much very hard on me, they were challengening me to do a good job, and they did. The hardest part of the job was just waiting for the line up to go down so i could clean the counters/bathroom areas. The most enjoyable part was I had so many supporters around me it made me feel like I was at home.
Pros
Always had people to make me laugh even when I was upset, and the rewards.
Cons
Drunken people, unreliable employee (one)
Good environment and fantastic service
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Most of the people got along together, working efficiently and hard to satisfy the customers demands. Although sometimes it became busy and the workers were working under pressure, they met the quota and completed their task accordingly.
fun workplace fast paced
concessions cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2016
walk in turn everything on, start cooking food for the night. keep up with food orders. then we clean up, sign out and go home
N/A
Door and Floor Manager - Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2015
Provide front line service and door management. Monitoring crowd capacities for fire regulations and ALGC. Making sure staff are performing required duties.
Productive and Fun
Park Admission Staff (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2015
It was challenging and fun but their salary was poor.
I learned about cultural diversity and communicating with different kinds of people.
I learned how to handle stress
My co-workers are great
The hardest part of the job is the whole 8 hours shift, because the flow of people/customer was constant.
Fun place to work
Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Learned to be a role model for the young people starting their first job, my co-workers were great we got along and we had fun. The job was fun, you got to meet alot of interesting people.
Banquet Chef
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2016
good work lots of experience...lots of knowledge and a well balance off all areas...a fine place to work kots of fun people to work with and a good team effort
Productive and fun place with good people
Calgary Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
That place have a lots good people and managers. Also you going to get free lunches and drinks. Easy to work easy to get friends. I learns a lot of that experience
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
extra times
Fun but not very much room to grow
Head Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, CanadaAugust 25, 2015
Management was lazy at times. No room for promotions and employees did not care about much except getting paid. Hours were long and it was always very warm. Breaks were limited. Although a very fun place to work.
Organized, productive
CASHIER, AT CALGARY STAMPEDE (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 8, 2015
Everything is perfect. My supervisor is friendly and helpful. Work at Calgary Stampede is the most comfortable for me to learn how they organized their employees and systems, co-workers are cool and they help me to utilize our customers perfectly is customer service. I don't feel like there is the hardest part in my job and I am enjoy to this job
calgary stampede 2014
Food Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2015
learned how to cook and prepare foods in a fast paced environment. handled cash and debit, cleaned the tables. The best part of the job had to be the free poutines I got, and the worst was the management.
Pros
free poutines and soft drinks
Cons
job stateablility, workers enviornment
Unprofessional and incompetent management create a negative culture.
Skilled professional (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 1, 2012
The Calgary Stampede is one of the worst places I have worked in my entire career. It may be a fun place to work as a temporary employee during the 10 days of Stampede, but as a professional employee, it is a waste of your talents and time. I resigned within my first year of working there because the management are completely incompetent, bordering on abusive. I discourage anyone who is thinking of working there based on my own experience and what I have seen taking place within the months since I resigned. Certainly do not work in the Human Resources department which has had more than 100 percent turnover in the past 2 years.
Pros
occasional discounts on western clothing
Cons
the work environment, culture and management
fun worplace with lots to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
the stampede is the greatest place on earth job wise because you can make a lot of money in 10 days. a normal work day would be you arriving on the stampede grounds, singing in the heading to your work post, working your hours then heading home or staying at the grounds.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hot hours
it was good
Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2015
its was good, good hours,people and environment was great for the few day I was there and after work you could reflex and have fun in the park to take the stress off overall very good
Pros
Free access
Gate Attendant
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Long hours in beating sun. Staff and co-workers were very nice and lenient. Overall a very nice experience. Good way to make quick cash
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Heat
Fast paced environment
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
I enjoyed working in the fast paced environment and meeting/working with such a great set of staff members. I was surprised how organized the company was, even with having so many staff on shift at one time
bussing tables
Calgary Stampede Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Was an excellent summer job and I would very much be proud to work for them again! Fast paced and high stress, but totally worth every second I worked for them.
Stampede is fun but not such a great place to work
General Help (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2015
Nothing spectacular, just washing dishes and free steak from Executive leftovers. Entry to the stampede is free and you get to roam around the grounds on your break or after work.

This job is perfect for any High school or College student wanting to make extra cash on the side.

Calgary Stampede Reviews by Location