Calgary Stampede

Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2016
I learned that It's critical to work as a team, because it can improve the work efficiency and increase workplace cohesion.

The hardest part of this job is to provide a high level of customer service at a fast peace environment. I think it's very challenging and I was eager to do my job very well.
Great place to work!
Volunteer Food Server/Assistance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
Everyone there is great to work with have't had one problem with any employ or manager. Learned lots from high experience employs that travel with the stampede.
Great work experiance
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
Everyday at this establishment I had to help maintain a clean park, i did this by sweeping the stampede grand stand and keeping the washrooms clean etc. i learnt more organizational skills, the management was excellent, the hardest part of the job was getting thew the crowd but other then that i enjoyed everything
Pros
free lunches and great hours
Cons
N/A
enjoyed customers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2016
it was an enjoyable place to work and meet people hearing all the fans comment on the plays you could tell by there faces wether it was good or bad at the end I had to cash out and balance the money and beer tickets
Pros
meeting people
Cons
dealing with intoxicated people
Fast pace enviroment, fun job for the most part
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2015
Everyday at work I would go to my stand and call people over to come into the stand and play the game I was at. I learned a lot more people skills, as before I was pretty shy. Although I felt expendable to my employer and there was no job security which made me uncomfortable. The people I worked with were very energetic and enthusiastic about their jobs which I worked well with. The hardest part of my job was being out in the hot sun all afternoon and working all night, then closing up the stand. I enjoyed interacting with people and working with my co-workers.
Pros
having good people to work with.
Fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2016
It is a great place to work the shows are spectacular and you get a lot of experience from the Job. I loved every moment of it and would like to work there agian.
Great Workplace
Part time during Stampede Exhibition (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2016
Great workplace that I would go back to work for if I had the chance. Busy and steady work with help if needed. Work at own pace with support.
barn
Event Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2016
like the peole i work withand the job i was doing i love to do this agian
i lean how i love to take to peole the team lead i like was very help full
Pros
free lunch
Calgary Stampede
Concession booth cook at the BMO (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
1. A day at work would include cooking food for the costumers and cleaning the flattop and deep fryer after work, as well as stocking and cleaning the station for the next day.
2. The hardest part of the job was the late hours and dealing with the oil burns from the deep fryer.
3. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to work fast and sanitary.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Tight spaces.
Productive and intense work place
Venue Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 July 2016
Take care of customers and keep the Grandstand clean. The hardest part part of the job is the night shift and due to the lack of participation of some lazy coworkers , the work is little bit harder.
It was good
Facility Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2016
the work environment was very relaxing during the morning. In the afternoon it would start to get hectic. the employees were really nice
Unprofessional and incompetent management create a negative culture.
Skilled professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary1 September 2012
The Calgary Stampede is one of the worst places I have worked in my entire career. It may be a fun place to work as a temporary employee during the 10 days of Stampede, but as a professional employee, it is a waste of your talents and time. I resigned within my first year of working there because the management are completely incompetent, bordering on abusive. I discourage anyone who is thinking of working there based on my own experience and what I have seen taking place within the months since I resigned. Certainly do not work in the Human Resources department which has had more than 100 percent turnover in the past 2 years.
Pros
occasional discounts on western clothing
Cons
the work environment, culture and management
-challenging but rewarding enviroment
carny (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2016
-long hours in the sun but worth it because of all the people you get to meet
-Taught me public-speaking and how to attract customers
work was outstanding and I got to work with a lot of cool people.
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2016
My day to day work schedule was stamping people's hands, and scanning peoples tickets when they came through the gate greeting them.
Pros
Greeting people
Cons
Long Hours
Productive family friendly workspace
Host/usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2016
Cannot wait to return to the Calgary stampede for my 4th year, very excited!

Arrive at work half an hour before shift, swipe in then walk up to the 4th level, await the first shift to start, crowds would flood in over the time of the rodeo and would settle down about 2hours in.

I learned customer service skills that are with me to this day and how to act with all different types of customers and bring them great service

The manager was exceptionally well knowledge and trained

co-workers all very friendly to the existent of a work family

hardest part of the job, running into a new struggle but then benefiting with a new skill on to handle a certain situation.

Getting to see thousands of new faces, warm smiles and a great rodeo and chuck wagon race in the evening.
Pros
2 hour lunch break for swich over to night shift
Cons
Championship sunday
Fun
Grandstand Concession Filler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2016
Upbeat place, co-workers were easy to talk to, Typical day was usually just hauling beer to and from fridges. hardest part of job was being inside all day.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
limited breaks and dark
Work life at the Calgary Stampede
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK20 September 2015
I was a team leader for the facilities, yeah it was gross. But i still had great reliable co-workers with me. What i learned was to be more patient, because sometimes there was just a rush of people come into the washroom and i wouldnt be able to clean in the toilet area i should say. Management was incredible, my boss put so much authority out to let people know that he was THE BOSS, but i always was on his good side, never had any blow ups, or anything from him to me, so i'd say i did a really good job. My coworkers were supportive, but just as much very hard on me, they were challengening me to do a good job, and they did. The hardest part of the job was just waiting for the line up to go down so i could clean the counters/bathroom areas. The most enjoyable part was I had so many supporters around me it made me feel like I was at home.
Pros
Always had people to make me laugh even when I was upset, and the rewards.
Cons
Drunken people, unreliable employee (one)
my work in stampede
ushering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2016
I am like my job, I learned a lot during this year. I meet different people, my co-workers are very nice. if we have problem we will help each other. some time I feel hard to explain to customers when the show cancel or because of the weather. they will not happy, but nothing we can do , I feel so sorry about that. however, most of time i saw all the customer enjoy watching the show, i also feel happy.
Fun but not very much room to grow
Head Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Canada25 August 2015
Management was lazy at times. No room for promotions and employees did not care about much except getting paid. Hours were long and it was always very warm. Breaks were limited. Although a very fun place to work.
N/A
Door and Floor Manager - Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2015
Provide front line service and door management. Monitoring crowd capacities for fire regulations and ALGC. Making sure staff are performing required duties.

Calgary Stampede Reviews by Location