Calgary Stampede Employee Review

View all Calgary Stampede reviews

Rude.
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2014
They tell us at orientation that we should also show the customer the best experience and we should polite and kind, yet the management at the parking office is anything but. I do not appreciate being constantly talked down to and disrespected. I honestly tried to be happy and welcoming when I walked into the big 4 every morning but it would not be reciprocated. The management believes that they are the only ones who can have a bad day and the employees are always having a great day. The management is horrible and the treatment of the employees is grotesque.

The other attendants I worked with however, were great! We were all in the same boat with learning how to properly do our jobs and everyone was very friendly out on the roads.

I would not recommend parking for anyone because it is a constant standing position, for 8 hours and you are in the sun constantly.

Also the pay is not high enough considering people in cars don't care about us and neither does the management.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Log hours, heat and disrespect.

Other Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Very fun, enjoyable
In the position of 'Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2017
I do enjoy working here, its friendly and very positive. allows for quite a bit of variety withing a different style industry. I enjoy seeing new coworkers with each new shift that comes
Pros
Meal deductions( always supplied food), Friendly, Different types of work are offered
Cons
longer late night hours
The people I worked with were easy going and fun to be around.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2017
Everyday it would be slow in the evenings but as the night goes on it gets busier and at times hectic but manageable. I learned how to use a washing machine which was pretty awesome, and management was superb. The hardest part of the job was working everyday until it was over (8 hours/day) and at night it gets a little tiring but the good part about it was that you had other people helping you and they were pretty level headed and didn't mind lending a hand. Overall I enjoyed my days working there and I would apply there again if I was given the chance.
Pros
We got free meals and discounts on all vendors
Cons
Worked until it was over, 8 hours a day