Calgary Stampede

Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun
Grandstand Concession Filler (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 22, 2016
Pros: Good atmosphere
Cons: limited breaks and dark
Upbeat place, co-workers were easy to talk to, Typical day was usually just hauling beer to and from fridges. hardest part of job was being inside all day.
Fast paced
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
Pros: Fun
Cons: Long hours
Long hours on your feet for only okay pay. It is loud since I was working security at Nashville North. Hard to hear on the radios and hard to move when you are needed due to the amount of people there. It is a good job if you need some quick cash over the course of stampede, but don't expect very much free time.
Exciting, fun, unique work environment
Station Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
Pros: Working in a fun and upbeat environment
Fun, fast paced, long and exciting.
Improved my cash handling skills, improved in my supervising skills.
Management is well accommodating and understanding, helps if you need them.
Co-workers are fun, upbeat, and existed to be there.
Dealing with unhappy and difficult customers.
Getting to work for a fun, unique and exciting corporation.
Exhausting but worth it
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
Pros: free admission to fair grounds, friendly environment, good salary
Cons: long Hours, overstaffed
A typical day included, but was not limited, to tasks such as washing dishes, ensuring a sanitary environment, prepping, handling, and serving food to endless streams of customers from around the world. It was fast paced, long, and at times, stressful.But the benefits allow for one to turn a blind eye to the scheduling conflicts or the long hours. The salary is fair, the individuals in charge are reasonable and accommodating, the fast paced environment is also fun and exciting, and the co-workers were positive all round. From this job I learned a number of skills valuable to the food service industry, and developed personal skills, such as patience and stamina.
Safety conscious and great staff
Janitorial (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
The Management was very flexible and accommodating. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and great to work with. I loved the job, our supervisors were great at debriefing us about what was expected on a typical day and what events were happening. They made sure we knew our duties and what was expected of us. They handled any issues with staff and equipment professionally and respectfully.
Food and beverage Services wants you to succeed
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2016
Pros: Excellent food
Cons: Shifts can be sporadic
There is a disconnect between Upper management and Lower Management. Lower Management is excellent.
They feed you which is excellent, and staff is mostly good people
-challenging but rewarding enviroment
carny (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
-long hours in the sun but worth it because of all the people you get to meet
-Taught me public-speaking and how to attract customers
fun workplace fast paced
concessions cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2016
walk in turn everything on, start cooking food for the night. keep up with food orders. then we clean up, sign out and go home
Great work experiance
Work Experience (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: free lunches and great hours
Cons: N/A
Everyday at this establishment I had to help maintain a clean park, i did this by sweeping the stampede grand stand and keeping the washrooms clean etc. i learnt more organizational skills, the management was excellent, the hardest part of the job was getting thew the crowd but other then that i enjoyed everything
work was outstanding and I got to work with a lot of cool people.
Gate Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: Greeting people
Cons: Long Hours
My day to day work schedule was stamping people's hands, and scanning peoples tickets when they came through the gate greeting them.
my work in stampede
ushering (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
I am like my job, I learned a lot during this year. I meet different people, my co-workers are very nice. if we have problem we will help each other. some time I feel hard to explain to customers when the show cancel or because of the weather. they will not happy, but nothing we can do , I feel so sorry about that. however, most of time i saw all the customer enjoy watching the show, i also feel happy.
fun place to work.. during stampede time
Building Attendant1 (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: free luches great staff
Cons: to much favortisim
good company are it used to be until the super attendant candace took over she does not know how to run anything but without her it would be a great company loved working with the staff company has gone done hill drastically in the last 5 years but even still its the type of job that makes u feel like family and a home away from home
Good environment and fantastic service
Concession Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Most of the people got along together, working efficiently and hard to satisfy the customers demands. Although sometimes it became busy and the workers were working under pressure, they met the quota and completed their task accordingly.
Banquet Chef
Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2016
good work lots of experience...lots of knowledge and a well balance off all areas...a fine place to work kots of fun people to work with and a good team effort
Fun place to work
Station Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Learned to be a role model for the young people starting their first job, my co-workers were great we got along and we had fun. The job was fun, you got to meet alot of interesting people.
Productive family friendly workspace
Host/usher (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: 2 hour lunch break for swich over to night shift
Cons: Championship sunday
Cannot wait to return to the Calgary stampede for my 4th year, very excited!

Arrive at work half an hour before shift, swipe in then walk up to the 4th level, await the first shift to start, crowds would flood in over the time of the rodeo and would settle down about 2hours in.

I learned customer service skills that are with me to this day and how to act with all different types of customers and bring them great service

The manager was exceptionally well knowledge and trained

co-workers all very friendly to the existent of a work family

hardest part of the job, running into a new struggle but then benefiting with a new skill on to handle a certain situation.

Getting to see thousands of new faces, warm smiles and a great rodeo and chuck wagon race in the evening.
N/A
Door and Floor Manager - Customer Relations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2015
Provide front line service and door management. Monitoring crowd capacities for fire regulations and ALGC. Making sure staff are performing required duties.
Productive and fun place with good people
Calgary Dish Washer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: extra times
That place have a lots good people and managers. Also you going to get free lunches and drinks. Easy to work easy to get friends. I learns a lot of that experience
Organized, productive
CASHIER, AT CALGARY STAMPEDE (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 8, 2015
Everything is perfect. My supervisor is friendly and helpful. Work at Calgary Stampede is the most comfortable for me to learn how they organized their employees and systems, co-workers are cool and they help me to utilize our customers perfectly is customer service. I don't feel like there is the hardest part in my job and I am enjoy to this job
Fast paced environment
Caterer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
I enjoyed working in the fast paced environment and meeting/working with such a great set of staff members. I was surprised how organized the company was, even with having so many staff on shift at one time