Calgary Stampede

Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Secure BMO Center and surrounding Stampede Buildings
Team Lead and Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2016
The Calgary Stampede is a very dynamic place to work year round.
Working in the Security Department has given me a chance to see
what to takes to pull off a large scale 1,000,000 person event
too a small scale mom and pop event on Stampede Grounds.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over
the world. Helping people makes me happy and being able to make them happy is a fulfilling career choice.
Pros
Free coffee and water, never mind the GREATEST OUTDOOR SHOW ON EARTH
Cons
Not full time.
Great work place
Gate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2016
It was a very nice working environment with free rides and few free shows. I counted all the money, recorded them, separated the petty cash, and deposited the rest of the amount. That's the work I did at that time. There were some nice coaches to guide me and the people like me.
Pros
pleasant work environment with free rides
Cons
N/A
Great place to work!
Volunteer Food Server/Assistance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2016
Everyone there is great to work with have't had one problem with any employ or manager. Learned lots from high experience employs that travel with the stampede.
Fun workplace
Event Staff, Bar Security (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2016
Had to make sure this bar was a safe place.
Guided people to places they needed.
This was only a 10 day event.
I enjoyed my coworkers very much! In the beginning it was a little scary as this was my first time being security.
Pros
Everything was enjoyable
Cons
Fun experience with a friendly and profession environment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2016
I was able to connect and work with my team mates quite well. I enjoyed conversing and giving proper service to each of our customers. The management that they offered was organized, professional and trusting. I learned to handle and secure cash, do inventory and maintain the good quality of our product.
Good first job
Cleaner, afternoon shift - 12 days (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2016
Training on the job. Coworkers are close to same age, and team leader understands what needs to be done and helps when needed. Typical day run through of how we did the day before, head to suits and clean them, do any extra work then have break,then empty trashes form the kitchen and pantry. Lots of walking which is good. Direct the public if they have a hard time finding something. Hardest part is there is a lot of repetitive stuff like cleaning bathrooms.
Pros
pros: long break(s)
Cons
cons: taking out heavy trash
Hard work, long hours, but worth it.
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2016
Worked 8 days of stampede as a sweeper, cleaning up wrappers, trash, and garbage leaking from a compactor that had been rotting for months. But as bad as it seems, it is a great way to give your bank account a stimulus. The hours are long and hard, but at the end of Stampede, I was lucky enough to work an extra three days after, and make close to an extra half grand. Co-workers are all nice, and help each other make it through the day. It doesn't help that i unwittingly chose one of the worst available jobs, but I have heard that there are lots of other jobs apart of the stampede that pay really nice, and don't suck either. So really, it is a great way to make some cash quick, but you got to know what you're looking for when you apply.
Great Workplace
Part time during Stampede Exhibition (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2016
Great workplace that I would go back to work for if I had the chance. Busy and steady work with help if needed. Work at own pace with support.
Fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2016
It is a great place to work the shows are spectacular and you get a lot of experience from the Job. I loved every moment of it and would like to work there agian.
barn
Event Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2016
like the peole i work withand the job i was doing i love to do this agian
i lean how i love to take to peole the team lead i like was very help full
Pros
free lunch
fun work place with grand stand show
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2016
Fun work place with cowboys, beautiful horse,grand stand show and good team work with co-workers.with good payment.i meet good friends who have good work ethic
Pros
free soft drinks
Cons
It was a great learning experience.
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2016
I was at the front gate greeting guests and welcoming visitors. I think that the supervisors were friendly and great. The training was excellent. Got to meet lots of people and it was great to have people encourage one another
Productive and fun workplace with a great support and managerial staff
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2016
Every day is different, with varying benefits and challenges. Ultimately we provide the best experience for the client, which is emphasized in a positive manner by the management. The team work ethic is second to none, with every member helping without question.
productive and fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 11, 2016
I learned that It's critical to work as a team, because it can improve the work efficiency and increase workplace cohesion.

The hardest part of this job is to provide a high level of customer service at a fast peace environment. I think it's very challenging and I was eager to do my job very well.
Wonderful temporary work.
Night shift park laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 26, 2016
A typical night and day started off the same, every one knew their jobs and did them well. temps like myself learned the rythem very quickly and the daily process became faster and easier.

the hardest part of the job was switching from nights to days but that was easier then expected and didn't affect the moral of any one
enjoyed customers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 25, 2016
it was an enjoyable place to work and meet people hearing all the fans comment on the plays you could tell by there faces wether it was good or bad at the end I had to cash out and balance the money and beer tickets
Pros
meeting people
Cons
dealing with intoxicated people
Productive and intense work place
Venue Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 21, 2016
Take care of customers and keep the Grandstand clean. The hardest part part of the job is the night shift and due to the lack of participation of some lazy coworkers , the work is little bit harder.
It was good
Facility Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 19, 2016
the work environment was very relaxing during the morning. In the afternoon it would start to get hectic. the employees were really nice
amazing work exsperience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2016
always looking forward to the summer coming so i am able to work the 10 days of stampede, i love keeping busy and meeting new people and those are both the main things you receive from working this job. i get to change my job every year to learn new techniques and gain more experiences. You get very good money for the 10 days as well as a job to remember.
Pros
good money, fun atmosphere, free admission into the stampede grounds
Cons
hot weather
Not that great
Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2016
The pay was good, but the environment and the dress code weren't very good. We were required to be on our feet for long hours at a time (one half hour or two fifteens in a 6 to 8 hour shift is not long enough) and were required to wear dark clothing in 20+ degree weather.
Pros
Half off food at kiosks in same building

Calgary Stampede Reviews by Location