Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Exhausting but worth it
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2016
A typical day included, but was not limited, to tasks such as washing dishes, ensuring a sanitary environment, prepping, handling, and serving food to endless streams of customers from around the world. It was fast paced, long, and at times, stressful.But the benefits allow for one to turn a blind eye to the scheduling conflicts or the long hours. The salary is fair, the individuals in charge are reasonable and accommodating, the fast paced environment is also fun and exciting, and the co-workers were positive all round. From this job I learned a number of skills valuable to the food service industry, and developed personal skills, such as patience and stamina.
Pros
free admission to fair grounds, friendly environment, good salary
Cons
long Hours, overstaffed
Productive and fun workplace with a great support and managerial staff
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2016
Every day is different, with varying benefits and challenges. Ultimately we provide the best experience for the client, which is emphasized in a positive manner by the management. The team work ethic is second to none, with every member helping without question.
Productive and very nice work place.
Venue Services Attendant - Grandstand, (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2016
The work at Calgary Stampede was like serving the guests what they were needed. I learned from my work scope how peoples are appreciated others if we do work hard. Management was excellent who always were supported and encouraged staffs to do the best services for stampede visitors. It's look like all co-workers are very respectful each other and cooperative. There was nothing hardest part of the job as the work environment was given us to made satisfaction to our visitors. The most enjoyable part of the job when I had been awarded for my best services and hard work.
Hard work, long hours, but worth it.
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2016
Worked 8 days of stampede as a sweeper, cleaning up wrappers, trash, and garbage leaking from a compactor that had been rotting for months. But as bad as it seems, it is a great way to give your bank account a stimulus. The hours are long and hard, but at the end of Stampede, I was lucky enough to work an extra three days after, and make close to an extra half grand. Co-workers are all nice, and help each other make it through the day. It doesn't help that i unwittingly chose one of the worst available jobs, but I have heard that there are lots of other jobs apart of the stampede that pay really nice, and don't suck either. So really, it is a great way to make some cash quick, but you got to know what you're looking for when you apply.
Cons
Great Place to work as a youth during the summer
Grandstand Food Vendor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2017
My job required me to work for 4 hours from late morning to early evening of constant physically draining work and then we got a 3-hour break. After the break, we would resume our work until late-night and finally head home.
Pros
Good pay, free access to show, events e.t.c., Good People
Cons
Long Hours, Very Physical, Working Under the hot sun or sometimes rain
Secure BMO Center and surrounding Stampede Buildings
Team Lead and Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
The Calgary Stampede is a very dynamic place to work year round.
Working in the Security Department has given me a chance to see
what to takes to pull off a large scale 1,000,000 person event
too a small scale mom and pop event on Stampede Grounds.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over
the world. Helping people makes me happy and being able to make them happy is a fulfilling career choice.
Pros
Free coffee and water, never mind the GREATEST OUTDOOR SHOW ON EARTH
Cons
Not full time.
A productive workplace that had some pranctsters
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2017
Team leader would dish out the work give who needs a radio one and sent them to do their jobs only came around when needed or to check the job near around the end of the shift The security staff can be pranksters
Pros
a free entry pin was given to staff when stampede came around
Cons
long hours sometimes over time was needed
fun work place with grand stand show
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2016
Fun work place with cowboys, beautiful horse,grand stand show and good team work with co-workers.with good payment.i meet good friends who have good work ethic
Pros
free soft drinks
Productive and fun workplace
Venue Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2016
Super productive workplace,
the fun work environment was awesome
Management and coworkers, were awesome!!
Hardest part of the job was degreasing the floors
enjoyable part was doing the tear down
Pros
Fun work place
Fun experience with a friendly and profession environment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2016
I was able to connect and work with my team mates quite well. I enjoyed conversing and giving proper service to each of our customers. The management that they offered was organized, professional and trusting. I learned to handle and secure cash, do inventory and maintain the good quality of our product.
Not that great
Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2016
The pay was good, but the environment and the dress code weren't very good. We were required to be on our feet for long hours at a time (one half hour or two fifteens in a 6 to 8 hour shift is not long enough) and were required to wear dark clothing in 20+ degree weather.
Pros
Half off food at kiosks in same building
Cons
Love the atmosphere and friendly people i worked for and with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
I really enjoyed working for the stamped and would love to work for them again if given the opportunity.
I found very productive and straight forward information for my work ethic and job description
Pros
free entee
Cons
long walk thru park to work station
Good first job
Cleaner, afternoon shift - 12 days (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
Training on the job. Coworkers are close to same age, and team leader understands what needs to be done and helps when needed. Typical day run through of how we did the day before, head to suits and clean them, do any extra work then have break,then empty trashes form the kitchen and pantry. Lots of walking which is good. Direct the public if they have a hard time finding something. Hardest part is there is a lot of repetitive stuff like cleaning bathrooms.
Pros
pros: long break(s)
Cons
cons: taking out heavy trash
Super Fun Place To Work
Venue Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2017
This was probably the best job I've ever had even though it was just for the summer. The work wasn't hard but it wasn't easy either. You could chat with people about their Stampede experience. Food was great and the breaks were nice
Always have something to attend to
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
A day at work always required you to come in early to help out the day shift as well as to make sure that transition works smoothly with a long line and many customers that want their food.
Cons
Hours were cut short
Fast paced
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
Long hours on your feet for only okay pay. It is loud since I was working security at Nashville North. Hard to hear on the radios and hard to move when you are needed due to the amount of people there. It is a good job if you need some quick cash over the course of stampede, but don't expect very much free time.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fun workplace and great atmospehere
Usher/Head Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2017
I loved working for the Calgary Stampede. It is a great first job that teaches you amazing skills for the future and awesome customer services skills!
Great work place
Gate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
It was a very nice working environment with free rides and few free shows. I counted all the money, recorded them, separated the petty cash, and deposited the rest of the amount. That's the work I did at that time. There were some nice coaches to guide me and the people like me.
Pros
pleasant work environment with free rides
Cons
N/A
unorganized
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Tiring, Unorganized, didn't pay me the right amount, people were doing drugs. it sucked, my boss was late more than me but it taught me a lot working there
Pros
free entrance to stampede
Cons
everything
good experiance
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
Got to work at the greatest outdoor show on earth. Was a very good experiance. Got to work in the rodeo around animals, kind of a high stress job some days due to the nature of the event.

Calgary Stampede Reviews by Location