Calgary Stampede Employee Review

View all Calgary Stampede reviews

its fun place to work and get to meet people all over the world when they come to see th e Indian Village.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2014
There are different job sites in the Calgary Stampede and different shifts within the village.
I've learned a lot from the stampede board and the elder's what the Calgary stampede is all about?
We keep up with our duties in the village to keep it safe and welcome every visitor that comes in through that gate of the midway.
We always make sure our co-workers do make it to work on time so we don't get ducted from our pay. We try to keep things simple and easy for the rest of the group.
The hardest part of the job is keeping the drunk people out of the village and safe for visitors to take a look around in the village.
We go and enjoy the grandstand show after every shift we get off and try to ride every ride in midway and have a jolly good time. my most enjoyment of the Calgary Stampede is going to the coca cola stage to watch my favorite bands play.
Pros
get free meals at the bannock booth and down the midway
Cons
i just dont like working towards nighttime, the drunk people really gives the event stauff a hard time

Other Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Hard but with benefits.
Front server/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2017
Working at the stampede is one of those things where you expect the heavy flow of customers, and being constantly busy. What you often don't expect is the heat.

For me, the heat during my second year made working there in credibly taxing. Jeans, standing next to hot oil, 30 plus degree heat, and a lack of AC meant that I found the heat to be way too much for myself.
Pros
You usually get some free stuff from your chosen work place.
Cons
Really hot, and some days, the grounds are surprisingly empty.
Very Fast Pace
Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Stand : Calgary- Ab.20 November 2017
The most fun of this job: We meet a lot of people during the Stampede. very fast pace. Time past by very fast.
This job is perfect for students and teachers because they can make extra income during the summer.
Pros
We have some benefits working here.
Cons
Only for 10 days.