Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews in Canada

Exhausting but worth it
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
A typical day included, but was not limited, to tasks such as washing dishes, ensuring a sanitary environment, prepping, handling, and serving food to endless streams of customers from around the world. It was fast paced, long, and at times, stressful.But the benefits allow for one to turn a blind eye to the scheduling conflicts or the long hours. The salary is fair, the individuals in charge are reasonable and accommodating, the fast paced environment is also fun and exciting, and the co-workers were positive all round. From this job I learned a number of skills valuable to the food service industry, and developed personal skills, such as patience and stamina.
Pros
free admission to fair grounds, friendly environment, good salary
Cons
long Hours, overstaffed
Safety conscious and great staff
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
The Management was very flexible and accommodating. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and great to work with. I loved the job, our supervisors were great at debriefing us about what was expected on a typical day and what events were happening. They made sure we knew our duties and what was expected of us. They handled any issues with staff and equipment professionally and respectfully.
fun place to work.. during stampede time
Building Attendant1 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
good company are it used to be until the super attendant candace took over she does not know how to run anything but without her it would be a great company loved working with the staff company has gone done hill drastically in the last 5 years but even still its the type of job that makes u feel like family and a home away from home
Pros
free luches great staff
Cons
to much favortisim
my work in stampede
ushering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
I am like my job, I learned a lot during this year. I meet different people, my co-workers are very nice. if we have problem we will help each other. some time I feel hard to explain to customers when the show cancel or because of the weather. they will not happy, but nothing we can do , I feel so sorry about that. however, most of time i saw all the customer enjoy watching the show, i also feel happy.
Great work experiance
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Everyday at this establishment I had to help maintain a clean park, i did this by sweeping the stampede grand stand and keeping the washrooms clean etc. i learnt more organizational skills, the management was excellent, the hardest part of the job was getting thew the crowd but other then that i enjoyed everything
Pros
free lunches and great hours
Cons
N/A
Productive family friendly workspace
Host/usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Cannot wait to return to the Calgary stampede for my 4th year, very excited!

Arrive at work half an hour before shift, swipe in then walk up to the 4th level, await the first shift to start, crowds would flood in over the time of the rodeo and would settle down about 2hours in.

I learned customer service skills that are with me to this day and how to act with all different types of customers and bring them great service

The manager was exceptionally well knowledge and trained

co-workers all very friendly to the existent of a work family

hardest part of the job, running into a new struggle but then benefiting with a new skill on to handle a certain situation.

Getting to see thousands of new faces, warm smiles and a great rodeo and chuck wagon race in the evening.
Pros
2 hour lunch break for swich over to night shift
Cons
Championship sunday
Good environment and fantastic service
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Most of the people got along together, working efficiently and hard to satisfy the customers demands. Although sometimes it became busy and the workers were working under pressure, they met the quota and completed their task accordingly.
Food and beverage Services wants you to succeed
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2016
There is a disconnect between Upper management and Lower Management. Lower Management is excellent.
They feed you which is excellent, and staff is mostly good people
Pros
Excellent food
Cons
Shifts can be sporadic
work was outstanding and I got to work with a lot of cool people.
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
My day to day work schedule was stamping people's hands, and scanning peoples tickets when they came through the gate greeting them.
Pros
Greeting people
Cons
Long Hours
Organized, productive
CASHIER, AT CALGARY STAMPEDE (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 8, 2015
Everything is perfect. My supervisor is friendly and helpful. Work at Calgary Stampede is the most comfortable for me to learn how they organized their employees and systems, co-workers are cool and they help me to utilize our customers perfectly is customer service. I don't feel like there is the hardest part in my job and I am enjoy to this job
Fun place to work
Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Learned to be a role model for the young people starting their first job, my co-workers were great we got along and we had fun. The job was fun, you got to meet alot of interesting people.
Productive and fun place with good people
Calgary Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
That place have a lots good people and managers. Also you going to get free lunches and drinks. Easy to work easy to get friends. I learns a lot of that experience
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
extra times
fun worplace with lots to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
the stampede is the greatest place on earth job wise because you can make a lot of money in 10 days. a normal work day would be you arriving on the stampede grounds, singing in the heading to your work post, working your hours then heading home or staying at the grounds.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hot hours
-challenging but rewarding enviroment
carny (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
-long hours in the sun but worth it because of all the people you get to meet
-Taught me public-speaking and how to attract customers
Fast pace enviroment, fun job for the most part
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2015
Everyday at work I would go to my stand and call people over to come into the stand and play the game I was at. I learned a lot more people skills, as before I was pretty shy. Although I felt expendable to my employer and there was no job security which made me uncomfortable. The people I worked with were very energetic and enthusiastic about their jobs which I worked well with. The hardest part of my job was being out in the hot sun all afternoon and working all night, then closing up the stand. I enjoyed interacting with people and working with my co-workers.
Pros
having good people to work with.
N/A
Door and Floor Manager - Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2015
Provide front line service and door management. Monitoring crowd capacities for fire regulations and ALGC. Making sure staff are performing required duties.
fun workplace fast paced
concessions cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2016
walk in turn everything on, start cooking food for the night. keep up with food orders. then we clean up, sign out and go home
Work life at the Calgary Stampede
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKSeptember 20, 2015
I was a team leader for the facilities, yeah it was gross. But i still had great reliable co-workers with me. What i learned was to be more patient, because sometimes there was just a rush of people come into the washroom and i wouldnt be able to clean in the toilet area i should say. Management was incredible, my boss put so much authority out to let people know that he was THE BOSS, but i always was on his good side, never had any blow ups, or anything from him to me, so i'd say i did a really good job. My coworkers were supportive, but just as much very hard on me, they were challengening me to do a good job, and they did. The hardest part of the job was just waiting for the line up to go down so i could clean the counters/bathroom areas. The most enjoyable part was I had so many supporters around me it made me feel like I was at home.
Pros
Always had people to make me laugh even when I was upset, and the rewards.
Cons
Drunken people, unreliable employee (one)
Banquet Chef
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2016
good work lots of experience...lots of knowledge and a well balance off all areas...a fine place to work kots of fun people to work with and a good team effort
calgary stampede 2014
Food Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2015
learned how to cook and prepare foods in a fast paced environment. handled cash and debit, cleaned the tables. The best part of the job had to be the free poutines I got, and the worst was the management.
Pros
free poutines and soft drinks
Cons
job stateablility, workers enviornment