Calgary Stampede

Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews in Canada

amazing work exsperience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2016
always looking forward to the summer coming so i am able to work the 10 days of stampede, i love keeping busy and meeting new people and those are both the main things you receive from working this job. i get to change my job every year to learn new techniques and gain more experiences. You get very good money for the 10 days as well as a job to remember.
Pros
good money, fun atmosphere, free admission into the stampede grounds
Cons
hot weather
Not that great
Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2016
The pay was good, but the environment and the dress code weren't very good. We were required to be on our feet for long hours at a time (one half hour or two fifteens in a 6 to 8 hour shift is not long enough) and were required to wear dark clothing in 20+ degree weather.
Pros
Half off food at kiosks in same building
Calgary Stampede
Concession booth cook at the BMO (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
1. A day at work would include cooking food for the costumers and cleaning the flattop and deep fryer after work, as well as stocking and cleaning the station for the next day.
2. The hardest part of the job was the late hours and dealing with the oil burns from the deep fryer.
3. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to work fast and sanitary.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Tight spaces.
Fun
Grandstand Concession Filler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 22, 2016
Upbeat place, co-workers were easy to talk to, Typical day was usually just hauling beer to and from fridges. hardest part of job was being inside all day.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
limited breaks and dark
Fast paced
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
Long hours on your feet for only okay pay. It is loud since I was working security at Nashville North. Hard to hear on the radios and hard to move when you are needed due to the amount of people there. It is a good job if you need some quick cash over the course of stampede, but don't expect very much free time.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Exciting, fun, unique work environment
Station Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
Fun, fast paced, long and exciting.
Improved my cash handling skills, improved in my supervising skills.
Management is well accommodating and understanding, helps if you need them.
Co-workers are fun, upbeat, and existed to be there.
Dealing with unhappy and difficult customers.
Getting to work for a fun, unique and exciting corporation.
Pros
Working in a fun and upbeat environment
Exhausting but worth it
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2016
A typical day included, but was not limited, to tasks such as washing dishes, ensuring a sanitary environment, prepping, handling, and serving food to endless streams of customers from around the world. It was fast paced, long, and at times, stressful.But the benefits allow for one to turn a blind eye to the scheduling conflicts or the long hours. The salary is fair, the individuals in charge are reasonable and accommodating, the fast paced environment is also fun and exciting, and the co-workers were positive all round. From this job I learned a number of skills valuable to the food service industry, and developed personal skills, such as patience and stamina.
Pros
free admission to fair grounds, friendly environment, good salary
Cons
long Hours, overstaffed
Safety conscious and great staff
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
The Management was very flexible and accommodating. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and great to work with. I loved the job, our supervisors were great at debriefing us about what was expected on a typical day and what events were happening. They made sure we knew our duties and what was expected of us. They handled any issues with staff and equipment professionally and respectfully.
Food and beverage Services wants you to succeed
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2016
There is a disconnect between Upper management and Lower Management. Lower Management is excellent.
They feed you which is excellent, and staff is mostly good people
Pros
Excellent food
Cons
Shifts can be sporadic
-challenging but rewarding enviroment
carny (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
-long hours in the sun but worth it because of all the people you get to meet
-Taught me public-speaking and how to attract customers
fun workplace fast paced
concessions cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2016
walk in turn everything on, start cooking food for the night. keep up with food orders. then we clean up, sign out and go home
Great work experiance
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Everyday at this establishment I had to help maintain a clean park, i did this by sweeping the stampede grand stand and keeping the washrooms clean etc. i learnt more organizational skills, the management was excellent, the hardest part of the job was getting thew the crowd but other then that i enjoyed everything
Pros
free lunches and great hours
Cons
N/A
work was outstanding and I got to work with a lot of cool people.
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
My day to day work schedule was stamping people's hands, and scanning peoples tickets when they came through the gate greeting them.
Pros
Greeting people
Cons
Long Hours
my work in stampede
ushering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
I am like my job, I learned a lot during this year. I meet different people, my co-workers are very nice. if we have problem we will help each other. some time I feel hard to explain to customers when the show cancel or because of the weather. they will not happy, but nothing we can do , I feel so sorry about that. however, most of time i saw all the customer enjoy watching the show, i also feel happy.
fun place to work.. during stampede time
Building Attendant1 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
good company are it used to be until the super attendant candace took over she does not know how to run anything but without her it would be a great company loved working with the staff company has gone done hill drastically in the last 5 years but even still its the type of job that makes u feel like family and a home away from home
Pros
free luches great staff
Cons
to much favortisim
Good environment and fantastic service
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Most of the people got along together, working efficiently and hard to satisfy the customers demands. Although sometimes it became busy and the workers were working under pressure, they met the quota and completed their task accordingly.
Banquet Chef
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2016
good work lots of experience...lots of knowledge and a well balance off all areas...a fine place to work kots of fun people to work with and a good team effort
Fun place to work
Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Learned to be a role model for the young people starting their first job, my co-workers were great we got along and we had fun. The job was fun, you got to meet alot of interesting people.
Productive family friendly workspace
Host/usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Cannot wait to return to the Calgary stampede for my 4th year, very excited!

Arrive at work half an hour before shift, swipe in then walk up to the 4th level, await the first shift to start, crowds would flood in over the time of the rodeo and would settle down about 2hours in.

I learned customer service skills that are with me to this day and how to act with all different types of customers and bring them great service

The manager was exceptionally well knowledge and trained

co-workers all very friendly to the existent of a work family

hardest part of the job, running into a new struggle but then benefiting with a new skill on to handle a certain situation.

Getting to see thousands of new faces, warm smiles and a great rodeo and chuck wagon race in the evening.
Pros
2 hour lunch break for swich over to night shift
Cons
Championship sunday
N/A
Door and Floor Manager - Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2015
Provide front line service and door management. Monitoring crowd capacities for fire regulations and ALGC. Making sure staff are performing required duties.