Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Productive and very nice work place.
Venue Services Attendant - Grandstand, (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2016
The work at Calgary Stampede was like serving the guests what they were needed. I learned from my work scope how peoples are appreciated others if we do work hard. Management was excellent who always were supported and encouraged staffs to do the best services for stampede visitors. It's look like all co-workers are very respectful each other and cooperative. There was nothing hardest part of the job as the work environment was given us to made satisfaction to our visitors. The most enjoyable part of the job when I had been awarded for my best services and hard work.
Exhausting but worth it
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2016
A typical day included, but was not limited, to tasks such as washing dishes, ensuring a sanitary environment, prepping, handling, and serving food to endless streams of customers from around the world. It was fast paced, long, and at times, stressful.But the benefits allow for one to turn a blind eye to the scheduling conflicts or the long hours. The salary is fair, the individuals in charge are reasonable and accommodating, the fast paced environment is also fun and exciting, and the co-workers were positive all round. From this job I learned a number of skills valuable to the food service industry, and developed personal skills, such as patience and stamina.
Pros
free admission to fair grounds, friendly environment, good salary
Cons
long Hours, overstaffed
Hard work, long hours, but worth it.
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2016
Worked 8 days of stampede as a sweeper, cleaning up wrappers, trash, and garbage leaking from a compactor that had been rotting for months. But as bad as it seems, it is a great way to give your bank account a stimulus. The hours are long and hard, but at the end of Stampede, I was lucky enough to work an extra three days after, and make close to an extra half grand. Co-workers are all nice, and help each other make it through the day. It doesn't help that i unwittingly chose one of the worst available jobs, but I have heard that there are lots of other jobs apart of the stampede that pay really nice, and don't suck either. So really, it is a great way to make some cash quick, but you got to know what you're looking for when you apply.
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with a great support and managerial staff
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2016
Every day is different, with varying benefits and challenges. Ultimately we provide the best experience for the client, which is emphasized in a positive manner by the management. The team work ethic is second to none, with every member helping without question.
Secure BMO Center and surrounding Stampede Buildings
Team Lead and Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
The Calgary Stampede is a very dynamic place to work year round.
Working in the Security Department has given me a chance to see
what to takes to pull off a large scale 1,000,000 person event
too a small scale mom and pop event on Stampede Grounds.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over
the world. Helping people makes me happy and being able to make them happy is a fulfilling career choice.
Pros
Free coffee and water, never mind the GREATEST OUTDOOR SHOW ON EARTH
Cons
Not full time.
Fun experience with a friendly and profession environment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2016
I was able to connect and work with my team mates quite well. I enjoyed conversing and giving proper service to each of our customers. The management that they offered was organized, professional and trusting. I learned to handle and secure cash, do inventory and maintain the good quality of our product.
fun work place with grand stand show
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2016
Fun work place with cowboys, beautiful horse,grand stand show and good team work with co-workers.with good payment.i meet good friends who have good work ethic
Pros
free soft drinks
Not that great
Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2016
The pay was good, but the environment and the dress code weren't very good. We were required to be on our feet for long hours at a time (one half hour or two fifteens in a 6 to 8 hour shift is not long enough) and were required to wear dark clothing in 20+ degree weather.
Pros
Half off food at kiosks in same building
Good first job
Cleaner, afternoon shift - 12 days (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
Training on the job. Coworkers are close to same age, and team leader understands what needs to be done and helps when needed. Typical day run through of how we did the day before, head to suits and clean them, do any extra work then have break,then empty trashes form the kitchen and pantry. Lots of walking which is good. Direct the public if they have a hard time finding something. Hardest part is there is a lot of repetitive stuff like cleaning bathrooms.
Pros
pros: long break(s)
Cons
cons: taking out heavy trash
Exciting, fun, unique work environment
Station Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2016
Fun, fast paced, long and exciting.
Improved my cash handling skills, improved in my supervising skills.
Management is well accommodating and understanding, helps if you need them.
Co-workers are fun, upbeat, and existed to be there.
Dealing with unhappy and difficult customers.
Getting to work for a fun, unique and exciting corporation.
Pros
Working in a fun and upbeat environment
Fast paced
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
Long hours on your feet for only okay pay. It is loud since I was working security at Nashville North. Hard to hear on the radios and hard to move when you are needed due to the amount of people there. It is a good job if you need some quick cash over the course of stampede, but don't expect very much free time.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Safety conscious and great staff
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2016
The Management was very flexible and accommodating. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and great to work with. I loved the job, our supervisors were great at debriefing us about what was expected on a typical day and what events were happening. They made sure we knew our duties and what was expected of us. They handled any issues with staff and equipment professionally and respectfully.
Great work place
Gate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
It was a very nice working environment with free rides and few free shows. I counted all the money, recorded them, separated the petty cash, and deposited the rest of the amount. That's the work I did at that time. There were some nice coaches to guide me and the people like me.
Pros
pleasant work environment with free rides
Cons
N/A
Fun workplace
Event Staff, Bar Security (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2016
Had to make sure this bar was a safe place.
Guided people to places they needed.
This was only a 10 day event.
I enjoyed my coworkers very much! In the beginning it was a little scary as this was my first time being security.
Pros
Everything was enjoyable
amazing work exsperience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2016
always looking forward to the summer coming so i am able to work the 10 days of stampede, i love keeping busy and meeting new people and those are both the main things you receive from working this job. i get to change my job every year to learn new techniques and gain more experiences. You get very good money for the 10 days as well as a job to remember.
Pros
good money, fun atmosphere, free admission into the stampede grounds
Cons
hot weather
Wonderful temporary work.
Night shift park laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2016
A typical night and day started off the same, every one knew their jobs and did them well. temps like myself learned the rythem very quickly and the daily process became faster and easier.

the hardest part of the job was switching from nights to days but that was easier then expected and didn't affect the moral of any one
It was a great learning experience.
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
I was at the front gate greeting guests and welcoming visitors. I think that the supervisors were friendly and great. The training was excellent. Got to meet lots of people and it was great to have people encourage one another
High Stress, High Reward
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2016
The saying about the Stampede being quick, hard cash is no joke. You work 10 days, often working a couple before and after and therefore creating a tiring10 days but worthwhile.
Food and beverage Services wants you to succeed
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2016
There is a disconnect between Upper management and Lower Management. Lower Management is excellent.
They feed you which is excellent, and staff is mostly good people
Pros
Excellent food
Cons
Shifts can be sporadic
productive and fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2016
I learned that It's critical to work as a team, because it can improve the work efficiency and increase workplace cohesion.

The hardest part of this job is to provide a high level of customer service at a fast peace environment. I think it's very challenging and I was eager to do my job very well.

Calgary Stampede Reviews by Location