Calgary Stampede Employee Review

View all Calgary Stampede reviews

Very difficult place to work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2013
The Howdy program is very difficult to be a part of. I enjoyed the job itself, although there is clear favortism by the leaders. They promote their family and friends, and they get hired because of their connections. I was very suprised to be hired, as I was only among a few that was hired without a friend who was a leader.
Pros
fun job
Cons
terrible management

Other Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Hard but with benefits.
Front server/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2017
Working at the stampede is one of those things where you expect the heavy flow of customers, and being constantly busy. What you often don't expect is the heat.

For me, the heat during my second year made working there in credibly taxing. Jeans, standing next to hot oil, 30 plus degree heat, and a lack of AC meant that I found the heat to be way too much for myself.
Pros
You usually get some free stuff from your chosen work place.
Cons
Really hot, and some days, the grounds are surprisingly empty.
Very Fast Pace
Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Stand : Calgary- Ab.20 November 2017
The most fun of this job: We meet a lot of people during the Stampede. very fast pace. Time past by very fast.
This job is perfect for students and teachers because they can make extra income during the summer.
Pros
We have some benefits working here.
Cons
Only for 10 days.