Calgary Stampede

Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
my work in stampede
ushering (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
I am like my job, I learned a lot during this year. I meet different people, my co-workers are very nice. if we have problem we will help each other. some time I feel hard to explain to customers when the show cancel or because of the weather. they will not happy, but nothing we can do , I feel so sorry about that. however, most of time i saw all the customer enjoy watching the show, i also feel happy.
fun place to work.. during stampede time
Building Attendant1 (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: free luches great staff
Cons: to much favortisim
good company are it used to be until the super attendant candace took over she does not know how to run anything but without her it would be a great company loved working with the staff company has gone done hill drastically in the last 5 years but even still its the type of job that makes u feel like family and a home away from home
Good environment and fantastic service
Concession Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Most of the people got along together, working efficiently and hard to satisfy the customers demands. Although sometimes it became busy and the workers were working under pressure, they met the quota and completed their task accordingly.
Banquet Chef
Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2016
good work lots of experience...lots of knowledge and a well balance off all areas...a fine place to work kots of fun people to work with and a good team effort
Fun place to work
Station Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Learned to be a role model for the young people starting their first job, my co-workers were great we got along and we had fun. The job was fun, you got to meet alot of interesting people.
Productive family friendly workspace
Host/usher (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: 2 hour lunch break for swich over to night shift
Cons: Championship sunday
Cannot wait to return to the Calgary stampede for my 4th year, very excited!

Arrive at work half an hour before shift, swipe in then walk up to the 4th level, await the first shift to start, crowds would flood in over the time of the rodeo and would settle down about 2hours in.

I learned customer service skills that are with me to this day and how to act with all different types of customers and bring them great service

The manager was exceptionally well knowledge and trained

co-workers all very friendly to the existent of a work family

hardest part of the job, running into a new struggle but then benefiting with a new skill on to handle a certain situation.

Getting to see thousands of new faces, warm smiles and a great rodeo and chuck wagon race in the evening.
N/A
Door and Floor Manager - Customer Relations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2015
Provide front line service and door management. Monitoring crowd capacities for fire regulations and ALGC. Making sure staff are performing required duties.
Productive and fun place with good people
Calgary Dish Washer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: extra times
That place have a lots good people and managers. Also you going to get free lunches and drinks. Easy to work easy to get friends. I learns a lot of that experience
Organized, productive
CASHIER, AT CALGARY STAMPEDE (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 8, 2015
Everything is perfect. My supervisor is friendly and helpful. Work at Calgary Stampede is the most comfortable for me to learn how they organized their employees and systems, co-workers are cool and they help me to utilize our customers perfectly is customer service. I don't feel like there is the hardest part in my job and I am enjoy to this job
Fast paced environment
Caterer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
I enjoyed working in the fast paced environment and meeting/working with such a great set of staff members. I was surprised how organized the company was, even with having so many staff on shift at one time
fun worplace with lots to do
Cashier (Former Employee), calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hot hours
the stampede is the greatest place on earth job wise because you can make a lot of money in 10 days. a normal work day would be you arriving on the stampede grounds, singing in the heading to your work post, working your hours then heading home or staying at the grounds.
bussing tables
Calgary Stampede Busser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Was an excellent summer job and I would very much be proud to work for them again! Fast paced and high stress, but totally worth every second I worked for them.
Work life at the Calgary Stampede
Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: Always had people to make me laugh even when I was upset, and the rewards.
Cons: Drunken people, unreliable employee (one)
I was a team leader for the facilities, yeah it was gross. But i still had great reliable co-workers with me. What i learned was to be more patient, because sometimes there was just a rush of people come into the washroom and i wouldnt be able to clean in the toilet area i should say. Management was incredible, my boss put so much authority out to let people know that he was THE BOSS, but i always was on his good side, never had any blow ups, or anything from him to me, so i'd say i did a really good job. My coworkers were supportive, but just as much very hard on me, they were challengening me to do a good job, and they did. The hardest part of the job was just waiting for the line up to go down so i could clean the counters/bathroom areas. The most enjoyable part was I had so many supporters around me it made me feel like I was at home.
it was good
Usher (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: Free access
Cons: none
its was good, good hours,people and environment was great for the few day I was there and after work you could reflex and have fun in the park to take the stress off overall very good
calgary stampede 2014
Food Sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: free poutines and soft drinks
Cons: job stateablility, workers enviornment
learned how to cook and prepare foods in a fast paced environment. handled cash and debit, cleaned the tables. The best part of the job had to be the free poutines I got, and the worst was the management.
Fun, high energy
Cash & food prep (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 5, 2015
Great place to work for the summer! Good experience, fast paced environment. Get to do a little bit of everything while working there
Fun but not very much room to grow
Head Usher (Former Employee), Calgary, AB, CanadaAugust 25, 2015
Management was lazy at times. No room for promotions and employees did not care about much except getting paid. Hours were long and it was always very warm. Breaks were limited. Although a very fun place to work.
Fast pace enviroment, fun job for the most part
Games Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2015
Pros: having good people to work with.
Cons: long hours
Everyday at work I would go to my stand and call people over to come into the stand and play the game I was at. I learned a lot more people skills, as before I was pretty shy. Although I felt expendable to my employer and there was no job security which made me uncomfortable. The people I worked with were very energetic and enthusiastic about their jobs which I worked well with. The hardest part of my job was being out in the hot sun all afternoon and working all night, then closing up the stand. I enjoyed interacting with people and working with my co-workers.
Gate Attendant
Gate Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Heat
Long hours in beating sun. Staff and co-workers were very nice and lenient. Overall a very nice experience. Good way to make quick cash
Stampede is fun but not such a great place to work
General Help (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 26, 2015
Nothing spectacular, just washing dishes and free steak from Executive leftovers. Entry to the stampede is free and you get to roam around the grounds on your break or after work.

This job is perfect for any High school or College student wanting to make extra cash on the side.