Calgary Stampede Employee Review

View all Calgary Stampede reviews

It was a fun place to work
Calgary Stampede (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2013
A typical day of work included informing customers they were not allowed to park/ drive their vehicles into the protected area. There was really nothing new that I learned. I did though get to see how the Stampede was put together and how it recovered from the resent flooding that occurred in Southern Alberta. I never really got to see any of my co-workers, we primarily worked alone. The hardest part of the job was having to stand for 8 hours in over 25 degree celsius, but we had water jugs at all stations. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know new people and helping others.
Pros
"employee bucks" were used as cash for the employees
Cons
heat

Other Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Very boring
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2017
There was nothing to do, especially from 8:00pm- 10:00pm. For the 12 days I've worked there, I've wrapped foil pans, rewrapped foil pans, make cheese platters, put sauce into containers, cleaned the fryer 4 times, cleaned all of the ovens, and did not work all 8 hours. I also thought that the wage was going to be above minimum wage considering Stampede is very popular and that the food was so expensive, but it was minimum wage.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nothing to do, not payed lunches.
Decent Job
Big Four - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
The hours were straight forward, monday through friday. Decent managers and employees, work was cleaning up after everyone else. I would recommend it if you dont mind garbage
Pros
Laid back job
Cons
Working with garbage and cleaning bathrooms