Calgary Stampede

Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and easy job
Gate Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
Scanning Entry tickets, I learned good customer service skills, the management was good, the co-workers were fun and easy to get along with, there was no hard part of the job, scanning entry tickets, and the most enjoyable part was getting to be outside and in a fun environment.
productive workplace
Parking attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2015
my typical day at work would be outside standing at the front of the parking entrance and to greet customers and their vehicles and to direct them to where they need to park. Direct traffic to keep lot flow calm and going smoothly. Also provide customers with directions and locations on where they need to be.
produtive place, good working environment
waste management (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2015
get to work 15 minute's early get to your group, go to your route and clean help others and such.

I learnt to be mature because I really want to be taken seriously by others.

Duties included general clean up of stampede grounds during Stampede duties also include sorting recyclable materials

The only time I would talk to my co workers was at break and they would do the same.

The weather because it was the time that it was flooding in Calgary.

Helping others in the stampede.
Productive and a fun job
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), Calgary AbJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: dangerous at night
Rahanas was a great place to work and was able to gain great skills in the 2 weeks of working.
Nothing to say.
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: terrible people
I did not enjoy working here, its nothing but standing in place dealing with peoples snobby attitude.
Productive and Fun
Park Admission Staff (Cashier) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2015
It was challenging and fun but their salary was poor.
I learned about cultural diversity and communicating with different kinds of people.
I learned how to handle stress
My co-workers are great
The hardest part of the job is the whole 8 hours shift, because the flow of people/customer was constant.
quick way to earn money
Facilities (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good hours, some perks
Cons: dirty jobs.
for the short time stampede is around its super easy money, depending on the job you get, it can be dirty and gross, but its an alright place to work.
Parking is Disorganized Gong Show - multiple performances weekly
Parking (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2014
NO appreciation, ever! Pay is docked for breaks you don't get. Too bad no one there has ever heard of "planning" - they run it like it's their first rodeo. It is soooo poorly managed - stay away from Parking!
great team
Casual Banquet Server (Current Employee), CalgaryNovember 16, 2014
Pros: freedom with the work schedule
It is a new job for me but so far so good. The management is great , professional and friendly.
Produvtive and fun, able to meet new people in short amount of time.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 28, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: run back and forth many times
A typical day is moving and counting inventory into boxes and taking them out to different locations. Ive learn many ways to fold a t-shirt and to work at a steady pace, the co-workers are very friendly and hardworking
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaSeptember 9, 2014
I enjoyed working for the Stampede because everyday was a new experience, and a new challenge. I was in charge of completing payroll entries for my department, updating kitchen orders and I handled all reception duties. I worked with a variety of people and was able to get along with everyone, while keeping a professional and mature attitude. The part I enjoyed the most about working for the Stampede was the excitement and the pressure when it came to planning a large event. Being part of a team and being able to complete a event was always a great experience, and I valued the time I spent working for this company.
Great job low hours high pay.
PYROTECHNICAL, CALGARY STAMPEDE - SUMMER 2011 (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Worked nights from 12-6am and got paid really well for what we were doing.
communicating with people and meet new people each days
Praking (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2014
Pros: it's makes easier to not carring food from home
Cons: eating unhealthy everyday
I learned each day at work a lots of things like communicating with different people and learing from each others.sharping ideas, team works always without any conflicts. I love working with my co works because it increasing the chanes of getting to know their personalites and make it easier working enviroments. the hardest job I had ever dane is working outside by river in -30 degress . The most enoyable part time I have done is working at Calgary Stampede during summer and where I met great people and get to know them each indiviual which is pretty great.
it was ok
Gate Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2014
it was an all around okay job, I didn't really like how mundane it was.
Fun and fast paced workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2014
Pros: percentages off at some locations on the ground
I dealt with lots of people and i had fun doing so. I was never really bored and always had a job to do which is what i look for in a job. The seniors and supervisors were easy to get along with and always made sure us workers were alright and had everything we needed.
There wasn't really a hardest part of the job.
disrespectful biased management
Parking (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 31, 2014
Pros: exciting hub of activity
Cons: poorly managed, chaos
Management's attitude to staff is "you should feel lucky just to have a job". No appreciation! Correction... if you suck-up, you're in. You'll go far. If you are hard-working and knowledgeable, advancement is limited in parking. Go elsewhere!
Overall, The Stampede might be a great place to work but not the parking department.
Fun work place always on feet.
Busser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2014
Very busy little time to relax always have to be able to move quickly.
very productive and fun work place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2014
cleaned up the floors,table's,bathroom's,and took garbage and recycling
Productive hard work , Fun to work with others
Litter partol (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 3, 2014
Pros: some days they would give us these free lunch passes
Cons: i would only get long hours if its a really busy day
a typical day at stampede wasn't to bad it was exciting to see people around me feel the need that they should be in a clean environment, I've learned that helping the global warming makes not only yourself but the community around you feel like its should be clean and feel good in a happy place, If it wasn't for my co-workers i wouldn't have been a social person i am today, i would like to thanks everything they have done for me. The most hardest part of the job was the moving around part, around stampede time there's plenty of people walking around and it makes it hard for us to get around sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was that i got to see some of my friends and to experience the rides and stampede i really enjoyed that job.
Rude.
Parking Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: log hours, heat and disrespect.
They tell us at orientation that we should also show the customer the best experience and we should polite and kind, yet the management at the parking office is anything but. I do not appreciate being constantly talked down to and disrespected. I honestly tried to be happy and welcoming when I walked into the big 4 every morning but it would not be reciprocated. The management believes that they are the only ones who can have a bad day and the employees are always having a great day. The management is horrible and the treatment of the employees is grotesque.

The other attendants I worked with however, were great! We were all in the same boat with learning how to properly do our jobs and everyone was very friendly out on the roads.

I would not recommend parking for anyone because it is a constant standing position, for 8 hours and you are in the sun constantly.

Also the pay is not high enough considering people in cars don't care about us and neither does the management.

1 2 3

About Calgary Stampede

The Calgary Stampede is a not-for-profit community organization that preserves and promotes western heritage and values. The – Read more