Calgary Stampede Employee Review

View all Calgary Stampede reviews

It was a fun place to work
Calgary Stampede (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2013
A typical day of work included informing customers they were not allowed to park/ drive their vehicles into the protected area. There was really nothing new that I learned. I did though get to see how the Stampede was put together and how it recovered from the resent flooding that occurred in Southern Alberta. I never really got to see any of my co-workers, we primarily worked alone. The hardest part of the job was having to stand for 8 hours in over 25 degree celsius, but we had water jugs at all stations. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know new people and helping others.
Pros
"employee bucks" were used as cash for the employees
Cons
heat

Other Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Very fun, enjoyable
In the position of 'Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2017
I do enjoy working here, its friendly and very positive. allows for quite a bit of variety withing a different style industry. I enjoy seeing new coworkers with each new shift that comes
Pros
Meal deductions( always supplied food), Friendly, Different types of work are offered
Cons
longer late night hours
The people I worked with were easy going and fun to be around.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2017
Everyday it would be slow in the evenings but as the night goes on it gets busier and at times hectic but manageable. I learned how to use a washing machine which was pretty awesome, and management was superb. The hardest part of the job was working everyday until it was over (8 hours/day) and at night it gets a little tiring but the good part about it was that you had other people helping you and they were pretty level headed and didn't mind lending a hand. Overall I enjoyed my days working there and I would apply there again if I was given the chance.
Pros
We got free meals and discounts on all vendors
Cons
Worked until it was over, 8 hours a day