Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

The people I worked with were easy going and fun to be around.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2017
Everyday it would be slow in the evenings but as the night goes on it gets busier and at times hectic but manageable. I learned how to use a washing machine which was pretty awesome, and management was superb. The hardest part of the job was working everyday until it was over (8 hours/day) and at night it gets a little tiring but the good part about it was that you had other people helping you and they were pretty level headed and didn't mind lending a hand. Overall I enjoyed my days working there and I would apply there again if I was given the chance.
Pros
We got free meals and discounts on all vendors
Cons
Worked until it was over, 8 hours a day
A great work experience
Event Security (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2017
Working as security during the rodeo was a very rewarding experience. It was really enjoyable to get to interact with the customers. The management was well organized and my co-workers were very nice. A really great organization to work with.
Hard but with benefits.
Front server/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2017
Working at the stampede is one of those things where you expect the heavy flow of customers, and being constantly busy. What you often don't expect is the heat.

For me, the heat during my second year made working there in credibly taxing. Jeans, standing next to hot oil, 30 plus degree heat, and a lack of AC meant that I found the heat to be way too much for myself.
Pros
You usually get some free stuff from your chosen work place.
Cons
Really hot, and some days, the grounds are surprisingly empty.
Very Fast Pace
Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Stand : Calgary- Ab.20 November 2017
The most fun of this job: We meet a lot of people during the Stampede. very fast pace. Time past by very fast.
This job is perfect for students and teachers because they can make extra income during the summer.
Pros
We have some benefits working here.
Cons
Only for 10 days.
Very boring
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2017
There was nothing to do, especially from 8:00pm- 10:00pm. For the 12 days I've worked there, I've wrapped foil pans, rewrapped foil pans, make cheese platters, put sauce into containers, cleaned the fryer 4 times, cleaned all of the ovens, and did not work all 8 hours. I also thought that the wage was going to be above minimum wage considering Stampede is very popular and that the food was so expensive, but it was minimum wage.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nothing to do, not payed lunches.
Decent Job
Big Four - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
The hours were straight forward, monday through friday. Decent managers and employees, work was cleaning up after everyone else. I would recommend it if you dont mind garbage
Pros
Laid back job
Cons
Working with garbage and cleaning bathrooms
fun workplace
Infield Suite Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2017
great management
can get overtime hours
efficient training
fast pace enviorment
fun/energetic people to work with
great customers (most are excited to be at the stampede)
Pros
free dinner/lunch depending on shift
Cons
constant moving
Stampede summer job
Infield maintanence (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2017
Management was organized and polite.
The days were long, but fair and they offered a reasonable amount of break time, varied depending on the length of the shift worked, for how hot it was outside.
great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2017
my year with the Calgary Stampede was beyond amazing!
great community of workers and volunteers all year round, really know how to make one feel welcome.
Good
Cashier at the Hitching Post (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2017
A good pay for 10 days of work. Not too time consuming and offers a unique cultural work experience. The training could use some improvement but it is sufficient for only working 10 days.
very fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2017
It was a nice job that I was comfortable working at, and we got to eat what ever we wanted from our work station. The managers was kind and reasonable with the work load.
Pros
free food
Heartbeat of Calgary!
Chef, Catering Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2017
Great environment to work in,lots of good people working there as well. Opportunity to meet and mingle with diverse slew of visitors globally and respectful work environment.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not open 24/7
Fun Seasonal Work
Venue Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
I only worked at the Calgary Stampede for about 14 days over the course of the Stampede one summer. For what it was I thought it was generous pay, easy, and fun. I worked seasonal handling cleaning in the Grandstand building before, during and after the Calgary Stampede. Most people I met were young students in high school/university, new Canadians, and met some people employed straight from the Drop-In Centre which I thought was great. Everyone I met, including management was nice and professional. You definitely work a lot of longs days over the course of 10-14 days or so, but it's over quick and pays off well. Would have gone back the next year if I hadn't had another job and would suggest it to anyone looking for some quick work over the Summer.
Pros
Good pay, friendly people
Cons
Long days, lots of shifts
Good jobfield
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2017
Besides the decent to low hours in my department, and working minimum wage in my parking department I have to say I really enjoy working with the majority of the staff and management throughout my job because of how nice, caring and laid back my department is, but I'd only recommend this job if anyone just wants to make extra cash along side another job since you're not working constant hours because of the scheduling and the event times so there only little opportunity to work long hours.
Pros
Amazing and supportive management and staff
Cons
Not a lot of hours and the pay is low
Productive work experience
Ticket Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
Working at the Calgary stampede was an extremely fun experience , even though you work long hard shifts the benefits are awesome and you're surrounded in a friendly fun environment the whole time!
Well organized
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
The one thing I hated doing when working here is that I loved it, and also that I had to work in the facilities, but either way the people I worked with, and the people I was around were just amazing, for the first time working the washrooms only one person ended up throwing up all week. Haha
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Muscles cramped alot from working to hard
Awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
Fantastic way to make money fast so you don't need to spend too much time on it, the staff is awesome, fun and energetic and is always great to work with. Definitely, takes a toll on you though so be prepared for that.
fun
Venue Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
it was a fun time working for the Calgary stampede because of the friendly environment, and numerous amounts of people that came to celebrate a tradition to all.
Pros
half off lunches
Cons
nothing.
Overall a fun place to work and very welcoming
Prep and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2017
great work area but unprofessional in some areas. Sometimes you were unaware of your work schedule, It was hard to get in contact with the supervisor or even harder to get into the park without a pass because they didn't give us work I.D
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
unprofessional
great
Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 July 2017
i loved this opportunity! my co workers where really supportive and the pay rate was fantastic! you meet a lot of new people, and you get free lunches!