Calgary Stampede

Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Venue Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2016
Super productive workplace,
the fun work environment was awesome
Management and coworkers, were awesome!!
Hardest part of the job was degreasing the floors
enjoyable part was doing the tear down
Pros
Fun work place
Productive and very nice work place.
Venue Services Attendant - Grandstand, (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2016
The work at Calgary Stampede was like serving the guests what they were needed. I learned from my work scope how peoples are appreciated others if we do work hard. Management was excellent who always were supported and encouraged staffs to do the best services for stampede visitors. It's look like all co-workers are very respectful each other and cooperative. There was nothing hardest part of the job as the work environment was given us to made satisfaction to our visitors. The most enjoyable part of the job when I had been awarded for my best services and hard work.
High Stress, High Reward
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2016
The saying about the Stampede being quick, hard cash is no joke. You work 10 days, often working a couple before and after and therefore creating a tiring10 days but worthwhile.
Secure BMO Center and surrounding Stampede Buildings
Team Lead and Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
The Calgary Stampede is a very dynamic place to work year round.
Working in the Security Department has given me a chance to see
what to takes to pull off a large scale 1,000,000 person event
too a small scale mom and pop event on Stampede Grounds.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over
the world. Helping people makes me happy and being able to make them happy is a fulfilling career choice.
Pros
Free coffee and water, never mind the GREATEST OUTDOOR SHOW ON EARTH
Cons
Not full time.
Great work place
Gate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
It was a very nice working environment with free rides and few free shows. I counted all the money, recorded them, separated the petty cash, and deposited the rest of the amount. That's the work I did at that time. There were some nice coaches to guide me and the people like me.
Pros
pleasant work environment with free rides
Cons
N/A
Great place to work!
Volunteer Food Server/Assistance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
Everyone there is great to work with have't had one problem with any employ or manager. Learned lots from high experience employs that travel with the stampede.
Fun workplace
Event Staff, Bar Security (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2016
Had to make sure this bar was a safe place.
Guided people to places they needed.
This was only a 10 day event.
I enjoyed my coworkers very much! In the beginning it was a little scary as this was my first time being security.
Pros
Everything was enjoyable
Cons
Fun experience with a friendly and profession environment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2016
I was able to connect and work with my team mates quite well. I enjoyed conversing and giving proper service to each of our customers. The management that they offered was organized, professional and trusting. I learned to handle and secure cash, do inventory and maintain the good quality of our product.
Good first job
Cleaner, afternoon shift - 12 days (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
Training on the job. Coworkers are close to same age, and team leader understands what needs to be done and helps when needed. Typical day run through of how we did the day before, head to suits and clean them, do any extra work then have break,then empty trashes form the kitchen and pantry. Lots of walking which is good. Direct the public if they have a hard time finding something. Hardest part is there is a lot of repetitive stuff like cleaning bathrooms.
Pros
pros: long break(s)
Cons
cons: taking out heavy trash
Hard work, long hours, but worth it.
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2016
Worked 8 days of stampede as a sweeper, cleaning up wrappers, trash, and garbage leaking from a compactor that had been rotting for months. But as bad as it seems, it is a great way to give your bank account a stimulus. The hours are long and hard, but at the end of Stampede, I was lucky enough to work an extra three days after, and make close to an extra half grand. Co-workers are all nice, and help each other make it through the day. It doesn't help that i unwittingly chose one of the worst available jobs, but I have heard that there are lots of other jobs apart of the stampede that pay really nice, and don't suck either. So really, it is a great way to make some cash quick, but you got to know what you're looking for when you apply.
Great Workplace
Part time during Stampede Exhibition (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2016
Great workplace that I would go back to work for if I had the chance. Busy and steady work with help if needed. Work at own pace with support.
Fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2016
It is a great place to work the shows are spectacular and you get a lot of experience from the Job. I loved every moment of it and would like to work there agian.
barn
Event Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2016
like the peole i work withand the job i was doing i love to do this agian
i lean how i love to take to peole the team lead i like was very help full
Pros
free lunch
fun work place with grand stand show
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2016
Fun work place with cowboys, beautiful horse,grand stand show and good team work with co-workers.with good payment.i meet good friends who have good work ethic
Pros
free soft drinks
Cons
It was a great learning experience.
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
I was at the front gate greeting guests and welcoming visitors. I think that the supervisors were friendly and great. The training was excellent. Got to meet lots of people and it was great to have people encourage one another
Productive and fun workplace with a great support and managerial staff
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2016
Every day is different, with varying benefits and challenges. Ultimately we provide the best experience for the client, which is emphasized in a positive manner by the management. The team work ethic is second to none, with every member helping without question.
productive and fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2016
I learned that It's critical to work as a team, because it can improve the work efficiency and increase workplace cohesion.

The hardest part of this job is to provide a high level of customer service at a fast peace environment. I think it's very challenging and I was eager to do my job very well.
Wonderful temporary work.
Night shift park laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2016
A typical night and day started off the same, every one knew their jobs and did them well. temps like myself learned the rythem very quickly and the daily process became faster and easier.

the hardest part of the job was switching from nights to days but that was easier then expected and didn't affect the moral of any one
enjoyed customers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2016
it was an enjoyable place to work and meet people hearing all the fans comment on the plays you could tell by there faces wether it was good or bad at the end I had to cash out and balance the money and beer tickets
Pros
meeting people
Cons
dealing with intoxicated people
Productive and intense work place
Venue Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 July 2016
Take care of customers and keep the Grandstand clean. The hardest part part of the job is the night shift and due to the lack of participation of some lazy coworkers , the work is little bit harder.

Calgary Stampede Reviews by Location