The Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and qualified candidate to serve as a Sponsorship Sales Executive. The successful candidate will be responsible for the acquisition of new sponsor partnerships, and generating revenue for the teams by utilizing their brands. Reporting directly to the VP, Marketing, Sponsorship & Advertising, the responsibilities of this position include:
- Generating sponsorship sales for the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation via new client development.
- Work to gain comprehensive understanding of the target audience/prospects for the brands.
- Sell sponsorship opportunities to both new and existing clients of the teams.
- Prepare exciting and creative proposals to attract new sponsors at all levels of the venues.
- Liaise with the operations team to regularly ensure sponsor satisfaction in and around the venues on deliverables according to contract.
- Liaise with marketing department to keep them up to date on sponsorship department activities.
- Prepare contractual agreements for sponsors in accordance with company policy.
- Manage the financial investment entailed in securing sponsorships.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have several years of experience in sales, cold calls and understand the importance of media. In addition, this individual will have above average communication skills (both verbal and written), be able to operate under pressure, and meet deadlines. The successful incumbent will also be creative, innovative and have good attention to detail. If you are a team player that works to ensure team goals are met and possess proficient skills in Microsoft Office, please apply!
If you are interested in this position please forward a copy of your resume to jobs@calgaryflames .com.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 5:00pm.
Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation is a proven winner in the sports and entertainment industry but most of all it is a great place...