The Food Runner’s role is to ensure the courteous and error-free delivery of meals to our guests within the shortest amount of time possible, and assist with the bussing of the lounges & restaurant.
Works with the other members of our Food & Beverage Team to ensure quality service to guests with an emphasis on courtesy, efficiency, accuracy, cleanliness and professionalism at all times.
Mastering this job can deliver a great step forward into the hospitality industry.
- Assists the Servers and Bartenders by running plates of food from the kitchen
- Delivers and distributes the correct meals to customers tables in a professional manner
- Expedites the food orders in the kitchen as required
- Clears and cleans tables with a minimum of delay
- Pre-busses tables by offering assistance to guests, clearing away dirty dishes
- Assists the Servers by pouring/refilling water or coffee as needed
- Prepares Coffee & water and restocks during the shift
- Sets up service stands and bus carts, ensures adequate stock of napkins, cutlery and china at the service stations, restocks frequently and prepares stands and carts for close
- Sets up, refills and/or cleans down the condiment station and refrigerator in the Kitchen
- Cleans and sanitizes as required throughout the shift
- Lifts and carries Trays or Bus pans of dishes often during the shift
- Ensures that dirty dishes are taken to the dishwasher on a regular basis during the shift
- Helps to set-up and clear down the Lounges and Dining Room quickly and to standard.
- Assists our other Support Team members, the Bussers & Hostesses, as required
- Completes Side Duties and any other requested duties related to the Department’s operation
Job requirements: Should be 18 years of age or older
- High energy, outgoing personality, team-oriented and a positive attitude are strong attributes
- Technical & Functional competence, well-organized with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, handles their share of the workload.
- Welcomes responsibility and displays initiative, requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to handle stressful situations, can remain smiling and positive under pressure
- Well-spoken with effective communication and social skills
- Well-presented, well-groomed, meets dress standards
- Dedication to quality customer care, represents the Department in a professional manner
- Must be physically fit, able to lift and carry 15-20 kilos during the course of the shift
- Previous food service experience in a high-volume restaurant operation an asset
This is an event driven, fast-paced environment with an emphasis on evening and weekend shifts.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an updated resume with a cover letter to Human Resources at jobs@calgaryflames. com.
Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation is a proven winner in the sports and entertainment industry but most of all it is a great place...