Job Opportunity - Senior Manager – Information Services & Technology
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Administration, the Senior Manager Information Services & Technology (IT) will become a strategic business partner to the management and executive group, while managing and overseeing the day to day IT Operations for the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation (“CSEC”). This includes, but not limited to: office system networks, servers and core IT infrastructure. While leading a team of IT administrators, the Senior Manager - IT will be responsible for providing senior leadership guidance in respect to application software, technical infrastructure and data integration to ensure IT investment and utilization at CSEC is optimized for current and future business needs.
- Interacts collaboratively with senior leadership and acts a strategic business partner in both technology and business matters.
- Builds trust, confidence and credibility within the IT department and across the entire organization.
- Exhibits a responsive, customer focused and results driven style to become successful in this role.
- Leads and supports the IT team in following the long term strategy to satisfy business goals.
Strategic Relationship Management
- Fosters and develops IT relationships with all departments.
- Acts as the main point of contact for communicating changes to the IT environment.
- Ensures IT is a trusted and valued business partner with all departments.
- Develops, promotes, and maintains the long-term IT technology strategy (roadmaps, process improvements, value creation, system interoperability, etc.).
- Advocates for the IT department, while maintaining the strategy and execution of IT related business solutions.
Project Management/Change Management/Service Delivery
- Establishes a service management process to ensure the quality of the IT infrastructure and IT service delivery.
- Facilitates creation of training documentation and delivery of training sessions for existing and new systems.
- Produces project deliverables, case assessments, risk assessments in conjunction with the VP, Finance & Administration.
- Coordinates system integration and upgrades as needed.
- Manages external IT service providers including engagement delivery, contract management, and relationship management.
- Oversees the IT team to ensure the department stays efficient in all IT related matters.
- Cultivates, leads, motivates and manages a high performing team.
- Fosters a collaborative environment of continuous learning and improvement for team members.
- Encourages an environment focused on teamwork, honesty, passion, initiative and inquisitiveness.
- Champions ideas and solicits input from team members on technology, efficiency and productivity.
- Works with the team to ensure best practice, high quality of service and project alignment with goals set out by the COO and VP of Finance & Administration.
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
- 15 to 20 years of progressive IT experience
- 5+ years of leadership and personnel management experience
- 5+ years of strategic relationship management experience
- A post-secondary diploma or degree related to the Information Technology field or equivalent
- Works and collaborates in a proactive and resourceful manner to achieve common goals
- Ability to multi-task in a high demand organization, and adapt to a very fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with exceptional, effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to be people focused while also being results driven
- Eagerness to stay current on latest technologies, to ensure the organization is proactive in adopting change
- Outstanding analytical skills, with the ability to communicate and problem solve with stakeholders
- Understanding of the following technologies:
- VM, SANS, VLAN’s, sub-netting, network infrastructure, software products and installations related primarily to Microsoft.
- Attitude: Stays focused on the positive
- Business partner focus: Understands business partners’ needs, opportunities and challenges
- Collaborative: Builds effective working relationships with colleagues
- Communications: Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment: Dedicated to quality in all aspects of work
- Continuous improvement: Strives to optimize processes in areas of responsibility to deliver level of quality required
- Solutions focused: Focuses first on what it will take to make it work and explores options to overcome barriers
- Organizing: Ability to multi-task and prioritize
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to jobs@ calgaryflames.com.
The application deadline is July 18th, 2014.
Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation is a proven winner in the sports and entertainment industry but most of all it is a great place...