Associate Digital Producer – Hitmen and Flames Support
Associate Digital Producer – Roughnecks and Flames Support
The Calgary Flames digital department is seeing an Associate Digital Producer. Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, the responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Producing and editing editorial content for the Calgary Roughnecks and Calgary Hitmen websites
- Posting photo galleries and videos for the Calgary Roughnecks and Calgary Hitmen websites
- Work in conjunction with the Digital Media, Media Relations, and Marketing departments to ensure content and promotions on the website are current and informative.
- Manage and post content as required on the Calgary Roughnecks and Calgary Hitmen Social Media properties (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram)
- Work with the sales and sponsorship team on delivering digital sponsor initiatives
- Produce and execute social media contests, marketing and news utilizing Twitter and Facebook and other social media platforms for the Hitmen and Roughnecks.
- Coordinate and assist in various Hitmen and Roughnecks video production projects
- Report on all Calgary Roughnecks and Calgary Hitmen news and community events
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a Post-Secondary degree in Journalism/New Media and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience writing and/or editing in the sports field. As an Associate Digital Producer, you will have a strong English background with the ability to design and layout web pages, be creative, write and work with tight timelines, and you must be familiar with social media platforms and trends. Furthermore, this multi-tasker will have the ability to produce quickly and efficiently, work in a team environment, and have solid hockey and lacrosse knowledge. Flexibility is important to this role as the chosen candidate will be required to work nights and weekends. Website design knowledge, basic HTML, digital design skills and the ability to work in online Content Management Systems are also considered assets.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to job@ calgaryflames.com
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.