Calgary Society of Independent Filmmakers is seeking applications for the position of Operations Director.
Application Deadline: JULY 2, 2013 at 4pm
Start Date: JULY 9, 2013
The Operations Director will be responsible for the following major duties:
Overseeing the daily operations of the organization including accounting and financial operations; grant writing and reporting; researching and implementing fundraising opportunities and alternative revenue sources; representing CSIF interests with other member organizations.
The Operations Director acts with the mandate of the Calgary Society of Independent Filmmakers to administer the operations of the society. Applicants must have strong administrative skills including bookkeeping/accounting, budgeting, strong oral and written communication skills with a proven record of successful grant writing. Applicants must be able to work independently as well as a part of a team. Knowledge of the Canadian media arts, filmmaking and/or artist-run centres would be an asset.
- Setting financial priorities; developing and overseeing short and long-term operational
planning for the organization in collaboration with the Production, Programming and Communications Directors, Committees and the Board of Directors
- Managing all financial activity, including bookkeeping, banking, and preparing regular financial reports for the Board of Directors
- Overseeing the operational management of the society, including negotiating and managing contracts
- Developing short and long-term strategies to meet fundraising targets and seek out new avenues of revenue
- Researching, writing and coordinating operational, special project and employment grant applications (governmental, foundational, corporate, and private)
- Coordination and administration of fundraising events
- Attending all Board of Director and Committee meetings as required
This is a contract position, full-time (35 hrs / week) ending January 15 2014 with an annual salary of $35,000 – $40,000 depending on experience. There is an expectation that incumbents will be available to work some Saturdays, and will attend and support events held outside of regular business hours as needed. Health benefits are a possibility to be discussed with the successful applicant.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER, A CURRENT RESUMÉ, WRITING SAMPLE AND THREE PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES.
The CSIF is an equal opportunity employer. Selections will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, disability, marital status, age, or national origin.