Since 1912, the Calgary Public Library has helped people write new chapters in their lives. Our success at bringing Calgarians together with information and ideas has helped us grow to become one of the world's largest urban public systems. We need people with energy and passion to help us make a difference in the lives of Calgarians. Let the Library be the next chapter in your career story.
WEB DESIGNER (FULL TIME)
The Calgary Public Library’s Virtual Services department connects Calgarians with information and ideas anytime, anywhere. The Virtual Services team meets the rapidly changing technology and online needs of customers by overseeing the Library’s website, mobile applications, and online resources. We are seeking a Web Designer who can help us connect with our customers virtually, by designing creative and innovative online spaces. This position reports to the Manager, Virtual Library.
- Bachelor level university degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or equivalent
- Background in video editing and video technology an asset
- Fluency in both verbal and written English communication
- Advanced technological literacy skills
- Support the ongoing development of the Library’s web presence by designing engaging, accessible, and creative page layouts, graphics, and multimedia components for web sites, mobile sites, social media, and e-newsletters
- Create and edit content for the web and social media channels
- Collaborate with the Web Architect to develop and integrate these components into websites and other web applications
- Work closely with the Marketing department to ensure web content and design matches the Library’s branding and communications strategies
- Evaluate web activity through ongoing analysis of analytics, and suggest strategies to increase customer engagement in the Library’s virtual spaces
- Work with the Content Editor to leverage connections to Social Media across the Library’s virtual spaces
- The opportunity to contribute to an award-winning library system and make a positive difference in the lives of Calgarians
- $57,022 to $68,533 annual salary
- Full - Time Benefits (Extended Health, Vision and Dental Plan, Local Authorities Pension Plan [LAPP], Employee Family Assistance Program [EFAP] and Life Insurance)
How to apply
If Web Designer at Calgary Public Library sounds like the next chapter in your career story, send a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements, a resume, and the names of three professional references to Calgary Public Library.
Please quote "Competition F13-11" in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until 12 noon on Friday April 5th 2013.
Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Since 1912, the Calgary Public Library has helped people write new chapters in their lives. Our success at bringing Calgarians together...