ABOUT CALGARY LIGHTING PRODUCTS:
Calgary Lighting Products is a growing entrepreneurial business with a family atmosphere. We value work-life balance and workplace synergy. We are looking for a Front Office Administrator to join our team and help drive the continued success and growth of the company. Calgary Lighting Products has been in business for over 30 years, and as a commercial wholesale lighting distributor, it is our vision to develop a long-term lighting distribution network of excellence while contributing to the local community. With a focus on high quality customer service and an exceptional stakeholder experience, Calgary Lighting Products operates within a framework of core values that emphasize the importance of client relationships, employee development, and articulate leadership from all members of the team.
COMPANY: Calgary Lighting Products
POSITION TITLE: Office Administrator
You will be responsible for providing full administrative support; encompassing a wide range of multifaceted administrative, accounting, office and operational support for this dynamic, growing lighting company.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service through all tasks: respond to and exceed customer wants and needs.
- Reception duties include but are not limited to: managing switch board, direct telephone calls as necessary or take detailed messages, schedule appointments, assist and direct visitors, customers and vendors in a courteous manner.
- Office Management Duties include but are not limited to: management and filing of correspondence, faxing, office equipment management, arranging and sorting of mail and postage in a timely manner.
- Manage the Companies Account Receivables and Payables with SAP software. Assist with keeping our website information updated.
- Assist with customer and vendor transactions.
- Participate with sales team support
- Assist in planning and participation in company events.
- Coordinate installation services.
- Proven experience in customer service, both in person and via telephone.
- Experienced with the Microsoft Suite of Products; including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer. Previous experience working with SAP would be preferred but is not a requirement.
- Strong experience in managing accounts payable and receivables.
- Strong administration experience, maintain organized office systems and attention to detail.
- Consider and present ideas for operational efficiency .
- Ability to connect the dots and problem solve in real time.
- Someone who enjoys core tasks such as filing, faxing, data management, mail distribution and general office admin tasks.
- A desire to work in small to medium enterprise atmosphere.
- One who enjoys high levels of interaction with the whole team and participates enthusiastically in team building opportunities
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- A desire to improve the Customer Experience.
- Compensation is $40k-$43K base with benefits, 2 weeks’ vacation and performance based bonus.
- Adaptable and able to deal with different situations and personalities
- Takes initiative to assist when necessary
- “Go get ‘em” attitude, creative and wants to get involved with a growing company
- Organized, energetic and punctual
- Assertive, self motivated and wants to win
- Strong communication and articulation skills.
LOCATION: 5336-1A ST SW, Calgary, AB
START DATE: ASAP
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter
- What aspect of our Services and About Us interests you the most, from our website. www.CalgaryLightingProducts.com
CONTACT NAME: Jill Mitchell
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: May 15th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Calgary Lighting Product’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.