ABOUT CALGARY LIGHTING PRODUCTS:
Calgary Lighting Products is a growing entrepreneurial business with a family style atmosphere. They value work-life balance and workplace synergy, and are looking for an Account Manager to join their team to help drive the continued success and growth of the company. Calgary Lighting Products has been in business for over 30 years, and as a commercial wholesale lighting distributor, it is their goal to develop a long-term lighting distribution network of excellence while at the same time contributing to the local community and remaining socially conscious. They are looking for an ambitious and proactive Account Manager who is serious about enhancing the customer experience and developing long-term customer relationships, but is happy to have some fun along the way. With a focus on high quality customer service and an exceptional stakeholder experience, Calgary Lighting Products operates within a framework of core values that emphasize the importance of client relationships, employee development, and articulate leadership from all members of the team.
POSITION TITLE: Account Manager
REPORTS TO: The General Manager
You will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing Calgary accounts/clients. Working together with the current management team you will develop strategies focused on top line revenue growth.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and grow an existing book of business
- Build and develop strong customer relationships based on their core values
- Assist with the development of a strategic sales plans
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of estimates and quotes to the client
- Anticipate, respond to and exceed client wants and needs
- Problem solving and innovation
- Communicate with and support other areas of the company
- Attend meetings and/or training sessions as required
- Minimum 1 - 3 years’ experience in inside or outside sales or customer service oriented position
- Some post secondary education (degree or diploma)
- Canadian Sales Professional designation would be considered as asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Vehicle and Valid Drivers License
- A desire to work in a small to medium sized enterprise atmosphere
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Word, Internet Explorer, Outlook; as well as sound computer literacy
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Adaptable, able to deal with different situations and personalities
- Takes initiative to assist when necessary
- “go get’em” attitude, creative and innovative
- Organized and proactive, good time management skills
- Assertive, self motivated and prides oneself on their relationship building skills
- Sales ability
- Ability to communicate articulately, clearly and concisely
- Knowledge of the Lighting Industry would be considered an asset
START DATE: ASAP
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume ad cover letter for review.
CONTACT NAME: Jill Mitchell
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: March 31, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume ad cover letter for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our client’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.