Position: Supply Chain Coordinator
Competition Number: 13-EXT-002
Status: 1.0 FTE (38.75hrs per week)
Closing Date: January 25, 2013
Rate Scale (hr): $24.127 to $30.305
Location: Diagnostic & Scientific Centre (#9, 3535 Research Road NW)
Schedule: Monday to Friday (08:00 to 16:15)
This position is responsible for procurement and processing of all requests for supplies and equipment essential to CLS operations in an efficient timely manner. Requests include general laboratory supplies, special request items, and/or capital requests.
Provides support to various CLS departments;
- Responds to internal and external inquiries regarding the procurement related issues.
- Provides order status updates.
- Liaises between Department Heads and Managers and supplier sales managers.
- Communicates procurement procedures.
- Provides cost effective alternatives.
- Processes department supply orders for both laboratory and non-laboratory items.
- Liaises with customs brokers to ensure international shipments can enter the country.
- Obtains quotes and confirms prices for a wide range of products and services.
- Conducts research to determine suitable product substitutions from approved suppliers.
- Creates and updates departmental ordering templates within the Purchasing Template database.
- Monitors purchase orders by reviewing supplier confirmations for back orders, pricing changes, and substitutions.
- Supports the acquisition of capital equipment by obtaining quotes and supporting competitive processes.
- Service Contracts for Analyzers and Diagnostic Equipment.
- Communicates and makes sure that the product recalls and medical alerts are communicated to the proper departments.
Maintains and oversees relationship with suppliers:
- Provides feedback regarding performance issues and product complaints.
- Processes product returns and ensuring credit is received.
- Monitors reagent and service contracts.
- Establishes delivery, scope of work, and payment methods.
- Researches supply sources, negotiate pricing and determines sole source validity.
Works with both internal and external customers to provide process improvements across the supply chain.
Updates product and purchasing information within the Oracle Financial System.
Analyzes usages, statistics, and pricing. Audits and actions reports such as the invoice on hold, overdue, un-invoiced receipts reports.
Liaises with accounts payable to resolve invoicing issues, general ledger coding issues, and ensures adequate signing authority exists for all purchase orders.
Liaises with staff involved in Shipping & Receiving activities across all CLS supported sites including the DSC, RRLs, PSCs, and Physician Offices.
Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines.
Other related duties as assigned.
Professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use confidential information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to patients, staff and the business of CLS.
Demonstrates Professionalism, Respect / Caring, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence (PRIDE) in the work environment.
Key Skills and Aptitudes
Post secondary education as well as previous course work in Purchasing or Supply Management e.g., PMAC level 1.
3-5 years experience in procurement environment.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Access computer experience essential.
Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
Ability to interact positively with all CLS employees and external clients.
Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Shows initiative to solve problems independently.
Questions regarding the above competition should be directed to Deb O’Bray, Purchasing Supervisor, at 403-770-3768. Please forward your resume, specifying competition number via Fax at 403-770-3297 or online no later than 4pm on the closing date.
If eligible, a relocation allowance is available to the successful candidate for this competition.