Position: Senior Organizational Development Consultant
Competition Number: 14-EXT-009
Status: 1.0 FTE
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Diagnostic & Scientific Centre (#9, 3535 Research Road NW)
Schedule: Monday to Friday (38.75 hours per week)
This position is responsible for providing internal consulting services in the areas of leadership development, team building, staff development and change management. The Sr. Organization Development Consultant works in close partnership with the senior Human Resources staff and organizational leaders to ensure that the services, programs and interventions delivered are responsive to unique needs and are aligned with the values, desired culture and the strategic direction of CLS.
- Design, deliver and evaluate interventions, programs and learning events in the areas of team development, performance management, staff development, leadership development and change design.
- Execute change strategies that ensure an integrated approach to new initiatives and processes.
- Provide leadership, consultation and facilitation to major projects, working closely with operations and support to ensure the success of projects (i.e. Process Excellence, technological change, etc).
- Provide consulting services and coaching to leaders in the areas of team development, leadership practices, change leadership, conflict management, engagement, etc.
- Consult and participate in performance management systems, working collaboratively with Human Resources and Operations.
- Assist and participate in the development and ongoing provision of Succession Planning and other types of career development programs.
- Design, coordinate, and deliver leadership development programs and services.
- Lead in the selection, delivery and follow up of staff engagement surveys.
- Design and deliver identified workplace-learning workshops, which may include orientation programs, communication skills, conflict management, team building, staff assessments and inventory tools, etc.
- Support and facilitate the creation of a positive work environment. Collect data to measure and assess how individuals and teams are responding to change, workplace morale and issue identification. Work in close collaboration with senior HR staff to determine the required actions to capitalize on strengths and resolve issues.
- Design and facilitate meetings and retreats relevant to the areas of Organizational Development consulting services.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use confidential information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to patients, staff and the business of CLS.
- Demonstrates Professionalism, Respect/ Caring, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence (PRIDE) in the work environment.
Key Skills and Aptitudes
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Organization Development, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resources or related discipline with an emphasis in organization development preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of direct consulting experience.
- Collaborative leadership style with a proven ability to work at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management, team building (including conflict and group dynamics), strategic planning and leadership development.
- Proven abilities in process consultation, strategic thinking, group facilitation, change facilitation, coaching, team building and systems thinking.
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm, drive for results.
- Poise and confidence in working with senior management.
- Ability to work collaboratively across divisions, functions and different levels of the organization.
- Independent thinker, resourceful, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Indeed - 7 months ago