Reporting to the Vice President, the Manager of Total Rewards provides leadership, coordination and direction in the delivery of all aspects of the company’s compensation, payroll and benefits strategies, policies and programs.
1. Provides leadership, coordination, and strategic direction in the areas of compensation, payroll, and benefits.
2. Develops a consistent compensation and benefit program, processes and tools that support CLS’ goals.
3. Monitors, counsels, and coaches staff on performance and carries out discipline where appropriate.
4. Oversees corporate salary review process. Ensures that the processes are executed according to the timeline and plans and in alignment with Alberta Health Services policies.
5. Provides coaching and advise to diverse client groups on the full range of Total Rewards functions in response to business and employee needs.
6. Participates in strategic planning for the Total Rewards area, collaborating with clinical areas to ensure their needs are met.
7. Develops, implements, and manages cost effective, fair and competitive rewards and recognition strategies and programs that attract, motivate and retain excellent employees.
8. Maintains collaborative working relationships with all stakeholders and facilitates the implementation of changes to structure and process, in order to accomplish improved outcomes in customer satisfaction, quality of services and programs.
9. Remains current with trends and issues in the total rewards field.
10. Assumes a leadership role in affecting change in the ongoing evolution of best business practices that ensure organizational compliance with all legislative, contractual and internal/external audit requirements.
11. Liaises with external agencies to ensure external reporting requirements are met.
12. Participates as a member of the CLS Pension Advisory Committee and works with pension plan carriers and external consultants to ensure that legislative requirements are adhered to.
13. Works collaboratively with the Finance and Information Services departments to ensure financial data is created appropriately and to ensure the continuity of service to the end users.
14. Champions change in the area of benefits administration and benefit plan design to meet current organizational strategic goals
- The ideal candidate will have a baccalaureate degree or equivalent, with a specialization in Human Resources.
- Experience in coaching, developing, leading and managing team of professionals.
- 8+years of Human Resources experience with an emphasis in compensation, benefits and organizational development.
- Experience in all areas of Human Resources including labour and employee relations, recruitment and organizational development is an asset.
- Experience in the health care field is an asset.
- CHRP is an asset.
- An interest-based approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to provide creative solutions to resolve issues.
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -