Calgary John Howard Society Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Excellent culture and management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary2 February 2017
The Calgary John Howard society is a forward thinking agency that builds strength and trust between and among employees, management, clients, community and stakeholders. It is a privilege to work with this group and I would highly recommend involvement with the agency from prospective employers, donors and stakeholders.

The most difficult part of the job is watching clients who really wish to succeed fall down due to lack of community and government supports. On the flip side, the most enjoyable part is watching people succeed, both staff ad clients.

The management is strong and very staff supportive. I learned a great deal about management, professionalism, empathy, the culture of non--judgmental thinking and what most people need to lead a healthy and successful existence.
Pros
Excellent working conditions
Cons
Long hours as in any not for profit serving agency
great learning experience
Residential Caseworker - Youth Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary Ab19 November 2014
I was very fortunate to work at CJHS. My time there was extremely well used,I had great team members. the hardest part of my job was working with the the youth. it was extremely heart breaking to see such young people in these lifestyles. That was the great part of my job was, i was given the opportunity to help them and try and give them what services they needed short and long term.
Pros
great team dyanmics
Cons
hours very long
Fun workplace
Assist client (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2014
Practicum placement with the Calgary John Howard Society in the Extended Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder project; Assist client with achieving the goals in community; perform outreach with by connecting client with community resources; assist client with learning and performing daily living tasks while dealing with their disability; learned about FASD and the reality of the disability; coordinate the FASD support group