Calgary Immigrant Women's Association

Calgary Immigrant Women's Association Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place but stay away from two departments including the executive director
Facilitator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 29, 2013
Pros: helping other, clients, community support
Cons: money, some managers, executive director
Beautiful place where immigrant women can find encouragement, connection and support. Good place for the clients. But If you want to work there, just BE CAREFUL. Stay away from the settlement and employment department. The managers are quite known by their totally lack of empathy, support and people skills. It is hard to work in those departments due – more... the excess of work, poor recognition and micro management. Good workers normally don't last very long there because it seems a very toxic work environment.
Please don't apply for the assistant position to work for the executive director, she has a horrible reputation and nobody lasts in that position either. I believe since she started as a director more than 10 assistants have either quit, left without notice or fired. Nobody understands how the board of the directors has never done anything regarding the behavior of the Director. When I worked there, I witnessed how she was behaving like a real dictator and quite often she would be humiliating people in public like nothing! I don't think she is a bad person but definitely she has an abusive personality and it is hard to understand how someone like that can still be in charge of a such nice place like CIWA. – less
fun workplace with a lot of multi-cultural activities
Financial Assistant / Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2012
Pros: free lunch time, not work so long
Cons: benefit not good
My responsibility is pay Cheque Requisition. I should pay attention to the numbers, days, names and classes. My co-workers are very nice. I found it was difficult to get more works to do and the most enjoyable part of the job was giving cheques to employees by hand.
Fun workplace with interative
Receptionist (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 2, 2012
Pros: meeting people
Cons: lifting
lots of the things that I haven't learned before.
Learn and success

About Calgary Immigrant Women's Association

Calgary Immigrant Women's Association (CIWA) is a non-profit organization established in 1982 as a registered charity. CIWA is – Read more