RECEPTIONIST/ADMIN ASSISTANT – Six Month Term
The Calgary Homeless Foundation
The Calgary Homeless Foundation is a registered charity that exists to end homelessness in our city once and for all. Working with Calgary’s non-profit sector, business, government, the faith community and the public at large, the Calgary Homeless Foundation is leading the implementation of Calgary’s 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness. To make this plan a reality, we are looking for passionate, entrepreneurial and talented people to join our small high impact team.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, the Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Receptionist/AA) will be responsible for administrative duties in support of the offices of the Calgary Homeless Foundation. Responsibilities will include front desk reception, supporting internal department(s) in their administrative needs, making travel and meeting arrangements, photocopying, meeting minutes, and the safe-keeping and organization of CHF files and records. Upon request, the Receptionist/Admin Assistant will manage correspondence on behalf of the CHF Staff, including emails, letters and faxes.
The Receptionist/Admin Assistant will act as an ambassador for the Foundation in all interactions with external and internal stakeholders on the CHF’s behalf. This will include interactions with customers, volunteers, government, funders and service providers (agencies).
As part of an administrative team, the Receptionist/AA will provide back-up to other team members as required and other duties may be assigned from time to time including but not limited to administrative assistance to ensure the smooth delivery of CHF events.
CHF staff are action oriented team players who have dedicated themselves to ending homelessness in our city. CHF staff have a passion to serve those in need. They work cooperatively with others in a strong team environment; demonstrate flexibility in organizing and undertaking work; show a high degree of initiative, discernment and resourcefulness; exhibit excellent communication and relational skills; demonstrate thoughtfulness and intelligence in decision making; and focus on outcomes for persons without homes, as articulated in the 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables
The Receptionist/Admin Assistant will support the Office Administration Team under the direct supervision of the Executive Assistant (EA) in the execution of all administrative details. To assist the EA, the Receptionist/AA may be required to update and “chase” delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines and assist in coordinating workflow. The Receptionist/AA will take necessary initiative in the absence of the EA.
- The Receptionist/AA will work with the EA to compose or collect all correspondence materials including letters, proposals and reports that require CHF sign-off, and will manage the sign-off process accordingly. This may include setting up necessary meetings for context.
- The Receptionist/AA will assist with the organization of CHF meetings including room booking, equipment set-up and tear-down, as well as catering arrangements, room set-up and clean-up.
- The Receptionist/AA will organize incoming essential emails, mail or other forms of correspondence in order of priority, for action by the EA or appropriate CHF Staff member.
- The Receptionist/AA will be cognizant of deadlines on incoming requests or outstanding requests, and ensure necessary actions are underway and the EA is apprised of progress or issues/ potential delays.
- As appropriate, the Receptionist/AA will follow up on correspondence as directed by the EA.
- The Receptionist/AA will interface with clients and all levels of staff; will help resolve complex inquiries from both clients and staff.
- The Receptionist/AA will independently handle and triage all CHF inquiries in a professional manner, and arrange "call-backs" to maximize efficient use of time.
- The Receptionist/AA will route calls in an appropriate manner and in accordance with the level of priority needed.
- The Receptionist/AA will ensure priority matters are accommodated and ascertain which events require the EA’s direct attention.
- The Receptionist/AA will negotiate appointment/meeting commitments to maximize the CHF staff time and efficiency.
- Arrange CHF Staff travel through outside agents as assigned.
- The Receptionist/AA will process incoming invoices and cheques, including logging of cheques and/or supporting documentation. The Receptionist will monitor the Accounts Payable inbox and produce cheque requisitions for all departments, follow-up with signing authorities, and is responsible for mailing out and depositing cheques as necessary. The Receptionist/AA will also be responsible for collecting rent payments/issuing receipts for clients making payments in-person at the office.
- Maintain and organize files, electronic and paper
- Collation of meeting packages and mail outs;
- Record-keeping and file management, document protection and storage.
- Back up to the CHF administration team as required.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of five years of experience in an office administration role. Not-for-profit experience is an asset; knowledge and understanding of office procedures and etiquette. Must be detail oriented, timely, and well organized, with accurate, solid writing skills. Must have expertise with MS Office suite, including Excel, Word and Adobe, internet, e-mail and e-calendars; ability to uphold the highest degree of confidentiality with data and organizational business; ability to host visitors and engage in conversations and events comfortably.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the email address indicated in the posting.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, November 8th, 2013, 4:00 PM MST.
Thank you for your submission; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.