Marketing and Event Coordinator
(Full- time, 1 Year Maternity Leave Contract Position)
The Calgary Farmers’ Market
To coordinate and drive the Calgary Farmers’ Market marketing plan. You will be tasked with creating, planning, executing events and campaigns at the Calgary Farmers’ Market (CFM). This position reports to the Director of Operations.
1. Coordinate with design teams to develop seasonal marketing creative
2. Coordinate with media outlets for ad deadlines, scripts and layouts
3. Produce and edit in-house and external memos, press releases and newsletters
4. Update and maintain the CFM’s social media presence including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
5. Edit content on the CFM website – keep it up-to-date and fresh
6. Manage all media requests and provide interviews when necessary.
7. Drive revenue generating projects including events, sponsorship and advertising.
8. Administer and track the annual marketing budget
9. Coordinate monthly TV appearances with vendors and appear on camera when needed.
10. Work with vendors to help them market their businesses
11. Manage the planning and execution of special in market events
12. Coordinate with vendors who are participating in the events
13. Work with designers to develop all necessary promotional items for each event
14. Book necessary entertainment and partnerships for events
15. Develop news releases and relationships with local media to garner media attention
16. Recruit volunteers when required
17. Research pricing, quotes and create budgets
18. Set up AV equipment for events and meetings
19. Coordinate vendor classes and demonstrations
20. Oversee requests and coordination for third party events
21. Respond to customer, vendor questions / concerns
22. Contribute to board meetings and be willing to contribute to other team activities as requested.
23. Track and analyze market traffic
24. Other duties as assigned from time to time to insure the operation of the best Farmers’ Market in Calgary.
A bright and enthusiastic individual seeking to gain insight into the marketing function, of a well-known Calgary organization. An excellent multi-tasker and a confident communicator, you will be happy to liaise with customers and members. You will use your creativity to drive all marketing, events, communications and activities. You have a passion for event planning and are a creative, independent thinker.
- 1-2 years of marketing, communications and event planning experience.
- Have completed a related post-secondary education program (marketing, event planning, business etc)
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
- Good administrative and IT skills (including Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Creativity and ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Good research and internet skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team player
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
This is a paid position. Remuneration will be negotiated depending on the skills and knowledge of the successful candidate.
This position is a full-time, 1 year contract position for a maternity leave. The role is required to work Tuesday- Saturday from 8:30am to 5:00pm. The position will require the availability of some evening and weekends. Scheduling and hours can be flexible for the right candidate.
What we offer:
- The chance to gain an insight into the running a unique local business
- The opportunity to develop valuable marketing, event and communications skills.
- A personal development plan and regular support to help you in your role.
- References can be supplied on successful completion of the one year period.
- Participate in fun filled events and see your hard work come to life!
This job posting will close on Friday, March 14th, 2014.