Calgary Co-operative Association Limited

Calgary Co-operative Association Limited Employee Reviews

Great Company
Trainee Gas Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2017
I loved my stay with this company. Very flexible and very helpful to employees family issues. Great Management team Good work life balance and great place to work.
Not a Good Place to Work
File Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2017
Company has changed and doesn't care about it's employees anymore. All they care about is making money. They don't hire full time anymore, and don't look after their long time employees.
Perfect start for new applicants with no experience
Market Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2017
I had no experience whatsoever and Coop shaped me and gave me skills that i can use for the future would recommend to other applicants and to other in need of jobs
The people you meet are wonderful.
Bakery Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
You get to meet so many different people working at Calgary Co-op, some good some bad. But all in all its a good place to work. The hardest part is finding something to do when there is nothing to do.
Pros
Make friends.
Cons
Some of management aren't too friendly
Bakery Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2017
I loved to be part of Calgary Co-op Family. I had great time! I used to work at the bakery and it was amazing to learn from the team. Probably, the worst part was about not getting hours to work. It was difficult time for Alberta. I loved to greet the customers, offering free samples, answering questions etc.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
not much hours to work
Co-op
Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2017
Co-op is a fast place to work it keeps growing and trying to keep completive work there was great to bad I had to relocate. Best pension around . thanks
Bad Staff and Management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 August 2017
I was a technician there and they made me do all the sh** work there for all the pharmacists. bad environment with co workers and the talking and laughin with you then saying behind the back. really disgusting personalities and nothing but bad attitudes.
the Tech there Now after me is really rude and yells at everyone. they will accuse you of things you never did. Your hard work will never be seen especially by one pharmacist there, an if they don't like you they will do anything to report you and you will stand alone in that pharmacy. the customers too all had an attitude and couldnt help but yell at you when they don't get their own way. but never seen a work place like this.
if you like harrassment and unorganized and hard work never be seen this is the place for you
Pros
Hours
Cons
Almost everything
Poor Management, Under staffed
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
Quite fast paced, must deal with customer complaints in a professional manor, however the management is not ideal. Under staffed and very back and forth on dealing with staff errors.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough hours
Bed management
Deli utility clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2017
Management fail giving first aid when needed. and manager there is always right, never paying for his/her mistakes or failing to do the job. No room for advancement. Dominating ethnicities in the departments, which is a cause for not fair treatment of people out of that group. Employees, even under union, do not receive their hours and OT worked.
Good colleagues
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2017
Good colleagues are there, they are so nice. Centre Manager also works together with employee to fill the shelves. Great place to learn lots of stuffs
Great Staff and Customers
Front End Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2017
Each day is filled with physical activity and friendly staff and customers to make the day go by faster. Being in the retail environment helped me interact better with people in general, and make some good friends. As such, the culture around the workplace is fantastic, and everyone there is friendly. The hardest part about working at Co-op might just be the physical strain, but that's easily outbalanced by the interactions with staff and customers.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Sometimes physically exhausting
Just a Job
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montrose, AB27 July 2017
Management is a joke, they will tell you how great it is. Truth is they only watch out for themselves. Working with the public and the job duties itself were fun. To many politics and BS with supervisors and management.
"hire to retire" an old co-op slogan. not at the pay rates. slowly go broke, and watch managers reap in rewards and bonuses. Be prepared to put money out for "uniform". Scheduling was a big issue at this location as well.
Pros
RTO when you need it
dont work here
Deli utility clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2017
they do not cater to disabilities lightly and would rather be free of you, my life became a living heck after my workplace injury , doing someone else job because the management is incompetent
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamptons, AB26 July 2017
I like the company but I need a change, I really think that working with the public is good and I have made so many friends working there. I would miss all the customers but everyone is routing for me as they appreciate my good service and my outgoing personality. I have made really good friends and they really like my sense of humour and my speed in putting there orders through the tills People wait in line to be at my till because they say hi when they walk in and want to know about my day Very nice
a good company to work
Grocery Utility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
good supportive managers and supervisors, including rank and file co-worker. it is a safe working environment. with complete training for the job and including safety working procedures.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
shift schedules
Reasonable place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2017
Difficult quotas, over management, poor layout, reasonable pay, good benefits, overtime, bonus system, good work colleagues, flexible start times, old equipment, voice order picking system
Adequate job & Strong membership pros
Cashier/Back-Up Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
None. I was put on stress leave after being told I would get more than 4 hour shifts due to travelling from out of Calgary. After nearly three months it ended up costing me not only monetarily but mentally, hence stress leave from my family doctor.
Pros
Membership
Cons
Caddy co-workers
Great company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
Was a great company to work for. Lots of training and great leadership. Friendly environment. Lots of bonuses for jobs well done. Would definitely work for that company again
overall rating is an 8
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2017
It was my happy place, and I loved the customers; the products and promotions; the community. What a great location, what fantastic people!! Fast-paced; diverse clientele;excellent fresh to go dept.; aesthetically, one of the nicest stores in North America; various depts. like produce the recipient of awards,(well-deserved!). Some of the nicest/ most successful people live or work in that area, and it's a real pleasure to serve them and their families. I was treated exceptionally well by our customers, and I'm grateful for all the job encompassed. Great experience.
Pros
The people
Cons
None ( Not able to answer your question re CEO as I have no opinion)
Productive fun work place
Pump Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
typical day was to attend to vehicles and pump the gas wash the windows and occasionally walk in cash for the customer, the rest of the day was followed up by daily tasks
Pros
can really do whatever u want no one cared at all
Cons
that you could do anything you wanted and the staff didn't care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calgary Co-operative Association Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

Calgary Co-operative Association Limited Reviews by Location