Calgary Catholic School District Employee Reviews in Canada

working in city schools
Intinerant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary Catholic SchoolsOctober 9, 2012
travel to and from schools providing counselling and support; learned to develop curriculum for first nations culture; management was great; coworkers were awesome; living away from home was hardest with newborn child; loved to be in counselling tutoring role and to help native children who were struggling with cultural identity in major city
Pros
wage and benefits
Productive,fun place to work with supportive management
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2015
Every year always working with someone new, learning new techniques. Not much red tape. Great management and staff,they are there for you if you need assistance. Hours and pay are decent.
fun and good environment work place
Casual Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
working with groups and one on one, trying to help and support students meet their requirements. very flexible and working environment. helping people makes you always feel good about yourself.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
challing at times
Good School District to Work for
4th/5th combined grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
It was the first school district that I worked for. I would have continued my career there had I not moved out of the area.

A typical started with me preparing learning materials for the day. When the bell rang I went and retrieved my students from the line-up outside. We did our morning ritual, prayer, national anthem, agenda, attendance. After this was complete we worked on our lessons. Our days were full of learning as well as fun.
Pros
working with the students, making a difference, doing fun lessons, field trips and summer holidays
Cons
additional paperwork added to our teaching load, a lot of evening work, high stress environment
Great school board but no job security
High School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 12, 2014
No permanent position, just a number among 3,500 employees, though I really loved my job and working with students and staff.

Calgary Catholic School District Reviews by Location