Calgary Board Of Education

Calgary Board Of Education Employee Reviews in Canada

Great team, fun to work with
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 9, 2016
Day to day work load is great and easy to do, the staff is fun & we know how to laugh and get the job done. Management can be a challenge some times but tolerable. Hardest part of my job going from office to office. Most Enjoyable part of the job the people I work with.
Pros
Kept busy
Cons
Working in two different offices
Friendly workplace environment
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 25, 2016
It is a good place to work. Co-workers are very helpful and friendly at work. Work schedule is flexible. We can deal with package boilers, HVAC systems and other commercial mechanical equipment.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Flexible shift.
Fun and flexible
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 30, 2016
Love it, great support and lovely environment. Admin is helpful and lots of placement throughout the school year. Professional development is highly encouraged.
Convient working enviroment, break area, cafeteria, break time (must take)
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB CANADAMarch 2, 2016
The manager and supervisor will monitor the employees to take break, there is no excuse not to take break.

on site cafeteria is convenient to buy breakfast and lunch without leave the building.
Calgary Board of Education is great place to work and have funs as well. There is gym in the building where each an everyone can exercise. It's fun.
Diversity& Learning Support Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
The beauty of Calgary Board of Education is flexiblity of work hours and the diversity of the team. CBE has many employees who came from rich cultural backgrounds and experiences.
Pros
Free coffee & cookies
Cons
Variable & flexible week hours
Challenging workplace with lots of different opportunities
Resource and Classroom Teacher, Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2015
- each school was very different
- each situation was very different
- schools adapted to their students
- school board did offer many opportunities
- too many different systems in charge of teacher hiring and placement, left some people out of the loop or forgotten about
Pros
Good benefit plan
Cons
Confusing comunication system
Challenging and requiring great flexibility
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
The job was fulfilling in that it allowed the teacher time to develop life and academic skills for the students. The chemistry of the work cohort was paramount in both the enjoyment and cooperative nature of working with a student body
Great Profession
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
Calgary Board of Education was wonderful to work for. Thoroughly enjoyed my 30+ years teaching. Great administration and colleagues.
Pros
Working with Kids
Cons
Could get stressful.
Good place to work at
General Ledger Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Prepared spreadsheets, account reconciliations, worked in Oracle, Excel, PeopleSoft, QuickBooks, Outlook. Prepared journal entries, uploaded accounting information into Oracle, prepared working papers for year end, etc. Trained accounting staff when required.
Pros
job security, good benefit package
Excellent Place to BE!
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2015
I love the Board I have found my calling! Special Education Assistant march 2015 I get to play with children and have a excellent team. the hardest part is trying to keep up with youngsters! loll
Pros
excellent wage
Cons
not enough hours
was okay for the time looking for other work
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  calgary abMarch 11, 2015
lots of work shrt handed alot the people were nice every task was part of my job just had to be done

i learned to use certain eqiupment
managment had alot of politics
hardest part plunging the stuffed toilet
co workers some i liked some just couldnt win with
i liked dealing with people
Pros
inside work mostely
Cons
disrespectful students
A fun place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 27, 2015
Although the commuting every day to a different school is challenging in Winter, learning every strategy from every teacher around Calgary makes the job rewarding.
Hard working staff in most of the schools around Calgary. Very productive staff at the CBE Substitutes Teachers Desk .
Special Ed.Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
Usually working with very respectful and responsible teachers.Hard working staff in most of the CBE schools around Calgary. Very productive staff at the CBE Teacher Assistant Temporary Roster Desk.
Pros
help in the education of a great variety of children.
Cons
sometimes physicaly challenging.
Very fulfilling work.
Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
My job allows me to work with children in a social setting which I enjoy immensely.

I have had the opportunity to interact with, learn from and watch children grow as they move through the middle school environment which can be a particularly trying time in life.

I also have the benefit of working with amazing co-workers that make my job even more enjoyable.

The school setting can be stressful at times but I have found that it only encourages a person to work on being more patient, considerate and understanding.

I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job is being around and interacting with children on a daily basis.
it is the board way
building cleaner (Former Employee) –  high schoolFebruary 9, 2015
the job title was very misleading as you were expected to do many different tasks during your shift which rotatated at the supervisors whim you were given seven minutes to clean a classrooom which is not realistic for what is expected to do in theses seven minutes my workplace was always short of staff so you were expected to do your area in a rush then go to help in another area manj jos were timed down to the minute and you had to work in unsafe conditions due to the lack of adequate staffing scheduling as some one was always off sick due to the stress casued by the improperly trained foreman and supervisors and the faster faster attitude of it being the board way or the highway the hardest part of the job was working in a hurried enviroment and highly stressfull and unsafe conditions
benefits
Cons
to many to list
Fabulous company, I love my job!
Behavioural Counsellor/ Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaApril 22, 2015
Working for the CBE continues to be a fabulous experience. They are warm, welcoming and encourage me to use my skills and training, always pushing for growth and new challenges.
tough but worthwhile career
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Various Calgary SchoolsJune 2, 2015
Extreme work load with moderate support. Working together with fellow teachers is the best way to survive. Students are great and are what keeps you coming back.
Never a dull day at work, always challenging and rewarding
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2014
With over 15 years in this position there are so many stories, but each day brought it's own unique challenges and rewards.

Many new faces each year, regardless if it was new staff or new students, there was always a fresh feeling each new year.

I enjoyed interacting with the students when given the opportunity even though my position was mainly focused on office type work, this was the next best thing to being a Teacher.
Pros
very good hours, and friendly co-workers
Cons
limited room for advancement within the system.
Miss the CBE!
Multimedia Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2014
Low job security for new employees: whenever the gov't feels like cutting education funding, you're guaranteed to be laid off. The people here are great! That said, since it's such a large organization I'm sure it depends on your workplace location.

I learned a LOT from management, who are all very knowledgeable and experienced. The hardest part of the job was leaving - and it wasn't out of my own (or anyone else's) choice. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers.
Pros
co-workers, unionized hours and raises
Cons
cuts to funding makes for a worrisome work environment
I have been a dedicated Calgary Board of Education Employee
Leave from the Calgary Board of Education (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2013
For several years I have worked as a Calgary Board of Education Employee,I have specifically worked with coded students that have diagnosed mental health issues,I have given 100% to all my assigned positions in a variety of school settings, it is time for a completely different career that would be working with adults
Pros
being a team member with the calgary board of education system, and educational teams, to educate youth
Cons
limited supervisory roles that would utilize all my skills

Calgary Board Of Education Reviews by Location