Calgary Board Of Education

Calgary Board Of Education Employee Reviews in Canada

Friendly workplace environment
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 25, 2016
It is a good place to work. Co-workers are very helpful and friendly at work. Work schedule is flexible. We can deal with package boilers, HVAC systems and other commercial mechanical equipment.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Flexible shift.
Convient working enviroment, break area, cafeteria, break time (must take)
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB CANADAMarch 2, 2016
The manager and supervisor will monitor the employees to take break, there is no excuse not to take break.

on site cafeteria is convenient to buy breakfast and lunch without leave the building.
Great Profession
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
Calgary Board of Education was wonderful to work for. Thoroughly enjoyed my 30+ years teaching. Great administration and colleagues.
Pros
Working with Kids
Cons
Could get stressful.
Calgary Board of Education is great place to work and have funs as well. There is gym in the building where each an everyone can exercise. It's fun.
Diversity& Learning Support Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
The beauty of Calgary Board of Education is flexiblity of work hours and the diversity of the team. CBE has many employees who came from rich cultural backgrounds and experiences.
Pros
Free coffee & cookies
Cons
Variable & flexible week hours
Challenging and requiring great flexibility
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
The job was fulfilling in that it allowed the teacher time to develop life and academic skills for the students. The chemistry of the work cohort was paramount in both the enjoyment and cooperative nature of working with a student body
Challenging workplace with lots of different opportunities
Resource and Classroom Teacher, Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2015
- each school was very different
- each situation was very different
- schools adapted to their students
- school board did offer many opportunities
- too many different systems in charge of teacher hiring and placement, left some people out of the loop or forgotten about
Pros
Good benefit plan
Cons
Confusing comunication system
A fun place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 27, 2015
Although the commuting every day to a different school is challenging in Winter, learning every strategy from every teacher around Calgary makes the job rewarding.
Excellent Place to BE!
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2015
I love the Board I have found my calling! Special Education Assistant march 2015 I get to play with children and have a excellent team. the hardest part is trying to keep up with youngsters! loll
Pros
excellent wage
Cons
not enough hours
awesome place to work
Education Assistant, Special Education (Current Employee) –  calgary, albertaJune 2, 2015
*fulfilling and challenging in a way
*fun filled environment to work
*love helping students
* very supportive colleague
tough but worthwhile career
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Various Calgary SchoolsJune 2, 2015
Extreme work load with moderate support. Working together with fellow teachers is the best way to survive. Students are great and are what keeps you coming back.
Enjoyed working with teachers children and office staff
assistant, Casual lunchroom supervisor (Current Employee) –  cranston elementryApril 24, 2015
Working as a casual lunchroom supervisor has been fun but, there are not many hours and the shifts are far and few between.
Fabulous company, I love my job!
Behavioural Counsellor/ Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaApril 22, 2015
Working for the CBE continues to be a fabulous experience. They are warm, welcoming and encourage me to use my skills and training, always pushing for growth and new challenges.
Good place to work at
General Ledger Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Prepared spreadsheets, account reconciliations, worked in Oracle, Excel, PeopleSoft, QuickBooks, Outlook. Prepared journal entries, uploaded accounting information into Oracle, prepared working papers for year end, etc. Trained accounting staff when required.
Pros
job security, good benefit package
Cons
nice people good work environment
Facility operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AbApril 9, 2015
Would clean school and do maintenance to outside areas. Would also be a mild version of a security guard for high school students.
was okay for the time looking for other work
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  calgary abMarch 11, 2015
lots of work shrt handed alot the people were nice every task was part of my job just had to be done

i learned to use certain eqiupment
managment had alot of politics
hardest part plunging the stuffed toilet
co workers some i liked some just couldnt win with
i liked dealing with people
Pros
inside work mostely
Cons
disrespectful students
Hard working staff in most of the schools around Calgary. Very productive staff at the CBE Substitutes Teachers Desk .
Special Ed.Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
Usually working with very respectful and responsible teachers.Hard working staff in most of the CBE schools around Calgary. Very productive staff at the CBE Teacher Assistant Temporary Roster Desk.
Pros
help in the education of a great variety of children.
Cons
sometimes physicaly challenging.
it is the board way
building cleaner (Former Employee) –  high schoolFebruary 9, 2015
the job title was very misleading as you were expected to do many different tasks during your shift which rotatated at the supervisors whim you were given seven minutes to clean a classrooom which is not realistic for what is expected to do in theses seven minutes my workplace was always short of staff so you were expected to do your area in a rush then go to help in another area manj jos were timed down to the minute and you had to work in unsafe conditions due to the lack of adequate staffing scheduling as some one was always off sick due to the stress casued by the improperly trained foreman and supervisors and the faster faster attitude of it being the board way or the highway the hardest part of the job was working in a hurried enviroment and highly stressfull and unsafe conditions
benefits
Cons
to many to list
Very fulfilling work.
Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
My job allows me to work with children in a social setting which I enjoy immensely.

I have had the opportunity to interact with, learn from and watch children grow as they move through the middle school environment which can be a particularly trying time in life.

I also have the benefit of working with amazing co-workers that make my job even more enjoyable.

The school setting can be stressful at times but I have found that it only encourages a person to work on being more patient, considerate and understanding.

I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job is being around and interacting with children on a daily basis.
facility operator
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  calgaryNovember 29, 2014
More experiences on building operation.
Relocation.
Thanks.
A positive and friendly workplace environment.
Lunch Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABOctober 16, 2014
A good place to work. The staff are very friendly and positive. Support for the lunchroom services could use improvements. Salary for this position is excellent. Not many opportunities to advance.

4.2