Calgary Board Of Education

Calgary Board Of Education Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fabulous company, I love my job!
Behavioural Counsellor/ Education Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 22, 2015
Working for the CBE continues to be a fabulous experience. They are warm, welcoming and encourage me to use my skills and training, always pushing for growth and new challenges.
Good place to work at
General Ledger Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Pros: job security, good benefit package
Cons: none
Prepared spreadsheets, account reconciliations, worked in Oracle, Excel, PeopleSoft, QuickBooks, Outlook. Prepared journal entries, uploaded accounting information into Oracle, prepared working papers for year end, etc. Trained accounting staff when required.
nice people good work environment
Facility operator (Former Employee), Calgary, AbApril 9, 2015
Would clean school and do maintenance to outside areas. Would also be a mild version of a security guard for high school students.
was okay for the time looking for other work
Facility Operator (Former Employee), calgary abMarch 11, 2015
Pros: inside work mostely
Cons: disrespectful students
lots of work shrt handed alot the people were nice every task was part of my job just had to be done

i learned to use certain eqiupment
managment had alot of politics
hardest part plunging the stuffed toilet
co workers some i liked some just couldnt win with
i liked dealing with people
Hard working staff in most of the schools around Calgary. Very productive staff at the CBE Substitutes Teachers Desk .
Special Ed.Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: help in the education of a great variety of children.
Cons: sometimes physicaly challenging.
Usually working with very respectful and responsible teachers.Hard working staff in most of the CBE schools around Calgary. Very productive staff at the CBE Teacher Assistant Temporary Roster Desk.
it is the board way
building cleaner (Former Employee), high schoolFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: to many to list
the job title was very misleading as you were expected to do many different tasks during your shift which rotatated at the supervisors whim you were given seven minutes to clean a classrooom which is not realistic for what is expected to do in theses seven minutes my workplace was always short of staff so you were expected to do your area in a rush then go to help in another area manj jos were timed down to the minute and you had to work in unsafe conditions due to the lack of adequate staffing scheduling as some one was always off sick due to the stress casued by the improperly trained foreman and supervisors and the faster faster attitude of it being the board way or the highway the hardest part of the job was working in a hurried enviroment and highly stressfull and unsafe conditions
Very fulfilling work.
Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
My job allows me to work with children in a social setting which I enjoy immensely.

I have had the opportunity to interact with, learn from and watch children grow as they move through the middle school environment which can be a particularly trying time in life.

I also have the benefit of working with amazing co-workers that make my job even more enjoyable.

The school setting can be stressful at times but I have found that it only encourages a person to work on being more patient, considerate and understanding.

I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job is being around and interacting with children on a daily basis.
facility operator
Facility Operator (Current Employee), calgaryNovember 29, 2014
More experiences on building operation.
Relocation.
Thanks.
A positive and friendly workplace environment.
Lunch Room Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary ABOctober 16, 2014
A good place to work. The staff are very friendly and positive. Support for the lunchroom services could use improvements. Salary for this position is excellent. Not many opportunities to advance.
grat work experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2014
I had a very memorable experience working at Calgary Board of Education. I enjoyed my work deal with new peoples and try to sort their issues I am looking for new job for my betterment and looking for full time work.
Never a dull day at work, always challenging and rewarding
Business Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: very good hours, and friendly co-workers
Cons: limited room for advancement within the system.
With over 15 years in this position there are so many stories, but each day brought it's own unique challenges and rewards.

Many new faces each year, regardless if it was new staff or new students, there was always a fresh feeling each new year.

I enjoyed interacting with the students when given the opportunity even though my position was mainly focused on office type work, this was the next best thing to being a Teacher.
Miss the CBE!
Multimedia Designer/Developer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: co-workers, unionized hours and raises
Cons: cuts to funding makes for a worrisome work environment
Low job security for new employees: whenever the gov't feels like cutting education funding, you're guaranteed to be laid off. The people here are great! That said, since it's such a large organization I'm sure it depends on your workplace location.

I learned a LOT from management, who are all very knowledgeable and experienced. The hardest part of the job was leaving - and it wasn't out of my own (or anyone else's) choice. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers.
I am looking for place where I can work like a family
Technology Evergreen Specialist I (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2013
I am working in a very nice place n Calgary, because of my contract job I need to find any other place like my current job place.

I loved to worked with new people every time, because my thinking is that when you meet new people you learned a lot.
Play on the wheel swing with the children
Lunchroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: play with the children
Cons: short hours
To Whom it May Concern,

I worked before as a lunch supervisor in Brentwood Elementary School. I served lunch to the children and some days the lunch was cheese sandwich, sausage sandwich, etc.
I also cooked meals like pasta with my staff. Also, I helped special needs children eat their lunch.
I set tables to prepare lunch for children. Then, I would clean the tables, dishes and sweep the floor. I put the rest of the food in the fridge.
I took the special needs children to the washrooms and help them wash their hands, brush their teeth, and comb their hair.

The hardest part of the job is to use different strategies with the special needs children in order to stimulate to do things, for example, eat their lunch.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was in the playground with the children because I would talk and play with them.

I learned patience from dealing with the children and use different strategies to stimulate the children in doing different activities.
It's a nice place to work knowing that I'm helping the school kids.
Facility Operator/Head Cleaner (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: i have flexibility on my work schedule.
Cons: long hours of work.
A typical day of work includes opening the school, checking the boilers, sweeping and mopping the hallway floors, classroom cleaning, and attend to the school admin requests. I learned that everybody that comes in to the school becomes my customer. The management is nice to me, and accomodates almost every request I ask, all are job related requests. My co-workers are hardworkers, talented and very cooperative. I think the hardest part of my job is dealing with my superiors and difficult teachers. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the kids appreciate the work I'm doing for them.
public school
Educational Assistant / Program Planner (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: wored my sons school hours
Cons: poor communication
had a great group of children. had a hard time with the expectations for the children being too high from the teachers
Rewarding to work for public education
Multimedia Designer / Developer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 31, 2013
Pros: teams, work life balance, continous learning
Cons: public perception
Great people but challenging budgets. Enjoyed the teams, thoughtfulness, the results, and the work environment.
Professional workplace requiring competency and confidence.
Inventory and Safety Audit Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary ABJuly 12, 2013
The summer position I had at CBE taught me many things. As a company, I recognize the weaker areas in which the board could improve, but as a functioning team I enjoyed how each person supported each other to enhance team involvement. The hardest part of the job was being the mediator between the school employees and the board. This was not necessarily part of my job description, but a reality that had to be dealt with as it arose. I diffused confrontation with active listening, and message relay to mitigate the issues.
I have been a dedicated Calgary Board of Education Employee
Leave from the Calgary Board of Education (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2013
Pros: being a team member with the calgary board of education system, and educational teams, to educate youth
Cons: limited supervisory roles that would utilize all my skills
For several years I have worked as a Calgary Board of Education Employee,I have specifically worked with coded students that have diagnosed mental health issues,I have given 100% to all my assigned positions in a variety of school settings, it is time for a completely different career that would be working with adults
A supportive and educational environment.
Educational Interpreter (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2013
Pros: supportive environment with excellent team members.
Cons: short work year.
I interpret from American Sign Language (ASL) into English or vice versa in a classroom setting. The other staff in both of the schools I work in currently, are very supportive and friendly. In the elementary school it is particularly interesting and fun to watch the young children as they participate in story telling. I really enjoy that! The high school is interesting particularly when different cultures and beliefs come together to share information.

About Calgary Board Of Education