Purpose and Accountability
As a member of a highly integrated collaborative team, the purpose of this position is to perform information analysis and forecasts related to the students’ enrolment and accommodation planning for the Calgary Board of Education (CBE) while working with a significant degree of autonomy.
This position is accountable for:
- Ensuring accurate and effective data research, compilation, interpretation and
- Forecasting and report/briefing preparation regarding demographic studies and
student accommodation needs.
- Providing effective advisement and counsel to CBE stakeholders regarding planning
- Maintaining confidentiality surrounding all planning and student demographic data.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in social sciences with a concentration in demographic
research, projections, field investigations and surveys, or an equivalent discipline.
- Three to five years of related work experience.
- An equivalent combination of directly related post-secondary education and directly
related experience may be considered.
- Gathers, compiles, and analyses schools’ student enrolment projections, statistics, demographic studies and new subdivision analysis in support of forecasts of accommodation needs on an annual basis.
- Performs both overall and detailed demographic analysis, enrolment reporting, and forecast services for schools.
- Assists Planning Supervisor in acquiring, analyzing, and interpreting data concerning pre-school population, general population trends, migration, etc. for the City by community, age groups, grade levels, and programs. Determines the future of schools’ kindergarten program offerings.
- Assists in conducting field investigations, special studies, research and surveys in connection with housing developments, school accommodation needs, population mobility, and density of school population for assigned schools. Interprets finds, builds scenarios and reports impacts in support of decisions for new schools, programs, bus receivers, etc. for assigned schools.
- Assists Planning Supervisor in participating in preparing the Accommodation Forecast for submission to the Capital Budget process. Provides enrolment trends and breakdowns regarding where schools should be located.
- Develops and advises on forms design to collect data.
- Assists Planning Supervisor to prepare briefings and reports to the Board of Trustees as required, providing supplemental information and rationale for Accommodation Forecast recommendations.
- Coordinates the annual review of school boundaries.
- Works closely with Service Units to coordinate and facilitate all aspects involved in performing enrolment projections and accommodation planning for assigned schools.
- Assists Planning Supervisor in conducting workshops, seminar and other training materials on enrolment and accommodation planning as requested by the system.
- Assists in evaluating the effects and results of Planning and Transportation Services team projects and assignments.
- Serves, as required, on committees both within and outside the system, and acts as a Department or Board representative as required.
- Assists in the preparation of parent/community communications related to accommodation decisions for the assigned schools.
- Performs other related responsibilities as required.
Further information about joining the Calgary Board of Education is available on our website at www.cbe.ab.ca/Careers/.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply To:
Recruitment and Staffing Department
CBE Human Resources, Education Centre
Preference for promotion and consideration for transfer shall be given to applications from permanent Calgary Board of Education employees. Interested applicants are asked to make application by résumé indicating the job competition number. If you have any relations in the department in which this position exists, please indicate relationship and name of employee on your application.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to the Calgary Board of Education who are offered employment must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed.