The purpose of this position is to provide labour for school and site grounds maintenance, landscaping and related horticultural activities. The position performs a variety of duties individually or as a member of a crew reporting to the Grounds Forman.
1. Assists in mowing/trimming of turf, garbage pick up, hedge trimming, tree and shrub pruning, weed control, watering, laying sod, seeding, tree and shrub planting and general landscaping on school ground sites.
2. Assists in snow removal and sanding of icy steps and/or walkways around the Calgary Board of Education (CBE) premises.
3. Operates vehicles and equipment necessary to perform grounds maintenance and landscape duties.
4. Ensures safe working procedures and conditions exist at all times.
5. Conducts self in an appropriate manner while carrying out duties in a student environment and working with school staff.
6. Conforms to all Calgary Board of Education regulations, guidelines and policies.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Valid class 5 Drivers License with a clean drivers abstract.
- Demonstrate ability to operate vehicles, light mowing equipment and power trimmers.
- Good physical condition which will involve lifting, prolonged bending, crouching, kneeling and on occasion climbing.
- Self motivated, punctual, reliable
- Must have appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. Provide and wear own approved safety work boots.
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
This position must provide a Police Security Clearance Check as well as a Driver Abstract. This position may also require heavy lifting of items such as lawnmowers, weed whips and bags of fertilizer.
Interested applicants are asked to apply by indicating PD # 7303 on their application.
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.