The purpose of this position is to perform manual labouring work and operate/ utilize equipment such as power tools, lawn mowers, shovels and gardening equipment to maintain the grounds and facilities of the Calgary Board of Education. This position is accountable for performing all duties in accordance with CBE and legislative safety practices and procedures at all times to ensure their own safety as well as the safety of team members, staff and students.
- Performs labouring duties such as mowing grass, pruning trees, shovelling snow.
- May be required to drive a CBE owned vehicle.
- Performs other related responsibilities as required
- Class 5 driver’s license
- High School Diploma and related experience preferred
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to understand written and oral directions
- Good communication skills
- Dependability and reliability
- Time management and organizational skills
- This position works outside in various weather conditions and temperatures and involves repeated physical movement and exertion.
- Must obtain certification in TDG and WHMIS.
- Must submit a current driver’s abstract.
This position must provide a Police Security Clearance Check as well as a Driver Abstract. This position may also require heavy lifting of items such as lawnmowers, weed whips and bags of fertilizer.
Interested applicants are asked to apply by indicating PD # 1678 on their application.
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.