The purpose of this position is to provide facility operation services including heating, ventilation, security, routine maintenance and cleaning which optimize the quality of the teaching and learning environment.
1. Adheres to a comprehensive work schedule according to Facility Operations standards and frequencies, which include opening and closing procedures and other processes, procedures and schedules as required.
2. Under general supervision of a qualified Facility Operator performs both light and heavy duty cleaning duties such as sweeping, wet mopping, damp mopping and scrubbing floors; stripping; sealing and refinishing floors. Services and cleans washrooms, classrooms, offices and other areas within CBE buildings. Removes waste materials, dusts and polishes furniture; washes and polishes glass; washes walls; and operates powered equipment. Vacuums carpets. Clean carpets when required.
3. Under general supervision performs minor building maintenance within the scope of Facility Operations as directed by the Facility Operator.
4. Participates in the care of school, grounds, lawns and shrubs. Removes snow and ice, cleans sidewalks, driveways and school grounds as directed.
5. Safely moves heavy furniture, equipment and supplies.
6. Facilitates public use rentals and after-hour school activities as directed.
7. Performs general security checks and secures the building as directed.
8. Actively participates in all training requirements.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
- 12 months related experience
- Successful completion of probationary period required.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Must be able to lift between 11 and 25 kilograms (approximately 25 and 55 pounds) on a frequent basis.
- Must be physically able to complete all demands and responsibilities of this position.
- Must be able to work safely on ladders and at heights of 2.5 to 3 meters (8 to 10 feet) regularly and higher on occasion.
- The ability to start up, operate and troubleshoot boiler, heating and ventilating systems safely and efficiently.
- The ability to work independently, or as part of a team. Demonstrated ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Knowledge of good caretaking techniques.
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English. Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal and human relations skills. Demonstrated ability to respect and value all individuals with sensitivity to diversity.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as email and word processing.
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrated reliability and dependability/personal integrity and trustworthiness. Demonstrated optimism and flexibility.
- Must be reliable and have above average attendance.
- Personal suitability.
NOTE: This position normally works regular alternating shift when school is in session, but may be required to work straight evening shifts.
Applicants who do not posses a valid Alberta Fifth Class Certificate of Competency or a minimum of an Alberta Building Operator “B” Certificate will be considered if there are no qualified applicants. Applicants who are successful in obtaining this position with less than the required qualifications will receive the designated job rate of this position after they obtain an Alberta Fifth Class Certificate of Competency or a minimum of an Alberta Building Operator “B” Certificate.
This position must provide a Police Security Clearance Check.
Interested applicants are asked to apply by visiting our website and creating a profile at: http://www.cbe.ab.ca/Careers/default.asp
Please apply to Job ID # 1047 - Cleaner - Full-time
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.