Join our team and be part of a world-class education system where employees are highly valued and recognized as the driving force behind our students’ success. With 225 schools, more than 107,000 students and a wide array of regular and alternative programming, we offer challenging and rewarding careers in one of the most culturally diverse school boards in Western Canada.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, ongoing professional development and a breadth of opportunities inside and outside the classroom to develop your skills and your career.
Purpose and Accountability
Reporting to the School Principal and/or designate of the Career Centre, the purpose of this position is to manage the operations of the Career Resource Centre in a high school. This position operates in an environment of numerous users with varying skill levels. This position, then, provides an effective service by guiding and supporting users of the Centre and by helping individuals develop plans and make decisions related to choosing a career pathway, and balancing work and other life roles. This position also provides valuable input for all curriculum and program teachers, school Guidance Counsellors and other staff members for the purpose of supporting learning for students.
- A Bachelors Degree, College Diploma or Certificate in a related field such as Career Development, Human Resources, Psychology, Social Services or Education.
- Three to five years experience working in the career development field.
- An equivalent combination of directly related post-secondary education and directly related experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer applications and related educational software packages.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of support requirements for learning and cognitive styles and abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office procedures including records management.
- Demonstrated ability to construct thoughts in a logical and convincing fashion and express them in discussion, writing and formal oral presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to select and apply the most appropriate of established analytical procedures and techniques and evaluates the results for accuracy and completeness.
- The ability to demonstrate motivation and determination in understanding the needs of others and in acting to do something helpful.
- Highly effective communications skills and the ability to guide, lead and encourage others.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to respect and value all individuals. A strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated strong time management skills and organization skills. The ability to work independently, or as part of a team combined with the ability to be flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve effectively and manage conflict appropriately. * Demonstrated reliability and dependability.
- Demonstrated personal integrity and trustworthiness. Personal suitability.
Interested in this opportunity?
For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our career site at www.cbe.ab.ca/careers .
Apply to Competition # 12-0589 before 4:30 pm January 22, 2013