Calfrac Well Services

Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
OK
Frac Hand (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABNovember 18, 2015
Pros: mostly decent guys
Cons: management, away from home
Guys were good. Salary and bonuses OK. Benefits so so.
Management in Medicine Hat not great - Friends and family program.
On the road all the time once the price of natural gas went to nothing.
I enjoyed all aspects of my job and really enjoyed passing on my knowledge to coworkers.
Coil Tubing Operator 3/Lead Hand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 2, 2015
Pros: rewarded for hard work
Cons: it is best described as feast or famine
it was a great job. The opportunity for learning and advancement was made clear from the get go. Hard work is rewarded and failure is taken as a learning experience.
Great balance between work and play
Fracturing Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 2, 2015
A good place to work with many chances to advance within the company. The 15 and 6 schedule provides workers with a good chance to earn money as well as spend time off with family and needed rest. Hydraulic fracturing can be a very dangerous job but with controls in place and experienced workers, the job was made safe by everyone.
Poor working atmosphere
Parts person (Former Employee), Clairmont, ABOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Good wages and benefits, not worth the hassle though.
Cons: Toxic work environment
Management is clueless on how to lead. Sneaky backstabbing goes on all the time amongst employees and from supervisors/managers to employees. Hidden agendas, politics, and B/S on a daily basis. Not a nice place to work.
Calfrac was a good place to work. Challenges and experiences were met.
Millwright (Former Employee), Red Deer AlbertaOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Profit sharing
Cons: Hotel Living
Calfrac was easy to blend in and be part of a team. My experience was used to trouble shoot and mentor others.

The work pace could be very fast due to operational requirements at times. The overall atmosphere was amiable and easy going.

Calfrac employees kept a professional workplace and were treated very well.
N/A
N/A (Current Employee), Grande PrairieOctober 2, 2015
Given the current state of the economy, it is very difficult to maintain a positive working environment. Good company otherwise.
Productive Work place
CTAN Operator (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Long hours
Fun Workplace with Challenges everyday, You always learn something. People are good to work with. Long hours in which sometimes pay off in which other times it dont. Apply Within
good safe place to work
Fracturing Operator / CTAN supervisor (Current Employee), Grande Prairie ABAugust 21, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: long hours
Safety culture is very high and good pay when its busy. Great bunch of guys to work with but being gone for two weeks from my family is hard
no chance to move up in this job
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: talking to operators
Cons: need to know can be diffcult to handel at times
take yard list and send it to Dispatch-check that warehouse is clean -check on computer that all the job board is up to date-transfer chemicals to work or travel totes as required-load or unload trucks as required -check with job supervisors to see if they know when trucks are coming in and plan to unload and reload them as required
Excellent Company
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 15, 2015
Just an excellent Company to work for, unfortunately, price of oil and the new Alberta Government ended my job with them.. Hope to get hired back,
Terrible company to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Grande prairieJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Industry average pay(which was just cut)
Cons: Poor benefits, poor treatment, egotistical management
Bottom of the industry benefits, pay depends on how often you're in the field (going camping quadding or fishing with people in positions of authority are the best way to ensure good pay).

Management come from the field and have no idea what it takes to manage people, they're promoted to the point of incompetence because they know people higher up.

Be prepared to work 15-16 hours days when you do finally get into the field as they will try to run you into the ground or until you drop or burnout. No doubt you will be blamed for said burnout.

Good luck trying to move up without knowing someone, and be prepared to be treated like poorly on a daily basis. You will hear the term "we own you for 15 days" repeatedly and they constantly remind you that you can be replaced... And they will, they recently laid off 60% of their workforce this spring. You mean nothing to them, bottom line is all that matters!

Service first, people don't matter

Terrible leadership, terrible model, do yourself a favour and look elsewhere. You'll thank me for it.
Productive and fun place to work
Level 2 desktop support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2014
• Provide in depth support to clients requiring assistance with IT products and services.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex software, hardware and technical issues for clients.
• Identify and escalate situations requiring a field technician when necessary.
• Collaborate with development staff to recreate problems in test environment.
• Remote trouble shooting using variety of different software tools.
• Log all help desk interactions with clients and field technicians.
• Track issues to resolution and update knowledge base.
great work mates
Mobile Service Mechanic (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2014
get to go to location see the country, work on various fracking equipment. Great people to work with
Great place to start an oil field career
Coil Tubing Operator III (Lead Hand) (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 26, 2014
Company takes good care of employees. Great benefits, compensation structure, great place for new to oil field workers. Good training, typically a good working environment.

Company schedules and pays for all flights and accommodation while on shift.
Excellent work environment
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2014
despite being without direct management for a period of 6 months
it was an absolute pleasure to work at Calfrac.

The people really make this company
Financial Accountant (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 7, 2014
I enjoy working here, my colleagues are great! I've had great mentors in the past and have learned a lot.
Good place to work when busy
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABDecember 11, 2013
Pros: good company great benefits
Cons: well less money and a lack of job security
Great place to work the company does some really great things for their employees. When it comes to actually going out into the field... well just don't expect to go out in the field very much. Which means no bonus and less money in your pocket and if it keeps up expect lay offs.
Good Learning Experience
Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaDecember 2, 2013
Had elements of a hostile work environment. Lack of communication between management and workers. But when things ran well, it was grand. Also the work itself was extremely rewarding and fun.
Great place to work!
Class 1 Driver/operator (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABNovember 15, 2013
HI! I enjoy working with Calfrac, however, I am looking for a job that keeps me busier and there is more room for advancing. The pay is not bad with Calfrac, but considering I have a family to support I am looking for something with more consistent hours and not something with up's and down's. My co-workers are great and I am comfortable working with them they give me their time and patience if I am struggling with something that I can't figure out. My hardest part of my job is being away from my family at extended periods of time, however, I do realize that this will be a life thing. The most enjoyable part of my job is my job itself and getting to work with my co-worers daily and meeting new people and learning new things.
Plenty of growth potential for anyone looking to work hard
Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABOctober 24, 2013
Great place to work with a ton of great people that still keep in contact with. Great job security and great benefits.
Headquarters