Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

great place to work
Coil Tube - Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 December 2017
Great team and management
work hard player harder to much sometimes
tend to pick top teams to work first then if other jobs available will get others working more.
too much down time some times
Pros
money
Cons
work/life can be hard at times
Good company to work for
Rotational worker (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 December 2017
I was treated well, good rotation, 21 days in and 13 days off. I enjoyed driving the sand master, ie sand hog. I moved up the ladder fairly quickly.
good company culture
Accounting Clerk, Calgary (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2017
enjoying team work environment. one of my Favorited job. attention to detail, hard work no matter what to meet deadline, helped and supported to others, great accounting and management teams.
great place to work
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 October 2017
loved my time with calfrac I learned a lot and met a lot of great people. the pay is wonderful and for the most part they take care of their guys very well.
Pros
great pay
Cons
working away from home
Nice staff, friendly and helpful
Fleet Administrator (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2017
was a good place to do my practicum they were nice and helpful. i also learned more on how they do their accounting and their way of posting bills and the tables they used
Low pay for responsibilities lack of sleep when on call
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB30 August 2017
The people you work with are great, the new manager you work for doesn't communicate to this department. 8/6 shift is nice but you will not get much sleep that week with being on call. You may also be required to work in Dawson Creek where you will loose money as they only pay $40 a day for meals (avg meal cost $15 per meal) Calfrac has all bonus programs designed for field personnel maintenance people do not get a piece of the pie.clean and safe environment but you are surrounded by chemicals all day.
Pros
8/6 shift
Cons
Low pay, no bonus structure, management communications, no advancement
Very conscientious to safety.
Journeyman Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB14 August 2017
Morning safety meeting and daily exercises.
Preform work duties as per superiors request.
Lunch & safety review.
Preform work duties for the rest of the day.
Pros
8 and 6 day work schedule
Horrible place for a mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB29 June 2017
The company is more interested in catering to rotational east coasters than local workers. Below average pay and no financial benefits. Lack of communication and a complete gong show. Equipment is dirty and beat up. Changing oil every day. Manager's are liars and can't be trusted.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Calfrac where your not one of a kind u r one of a crowd
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB27 June 2017
Very poorly managed company...very high turn over rate. They spend more time trying to hire new guts then looking after the guys they already have..movi g all their training and other operations to reddeer
Pros
Benefits from day one
Cons
3rd party hauls most of their sand while their guys sit at home not paid oncall 24/7
Great people, weak management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2017
Few or no women in high level management positions - and no attempts made to change this. HR makes the calls not the managers. Management lacks leaders.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
if you're not a man, future is limited
Great place to work until.
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 April 2017
Great company to work for, unfortunately the drop in oil lead to cuts. The maintenance management team on the other hand was a definite low point of the company. Very poor people skills and have their own agenda.
Pros
8 on 6 off, great company atmosphere when things are good
Cons
Maintenance manager, maintenance supers and lead hands
Lacked communication within management
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  all over Alberta and Saskatchewan27 March 2017
Money was good, but management was not very clear, or different instructions form senior members.
No job security. Worked a 15 days on and 6 days off, so away from home was not to appealing .
Pros
Bonuses and expenses paid out.
Cons
Away from home.
If you kiss a s s or keep your mouth shut you get lots of hours
Driver and equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Red deer17 February 2017
Overall I got along good with mechanics drivers some manager . The first five months the pay was very good after that lost all bonus and became all broken promises . Talk to some of the manager they basically told me if I didn't keep my mouth shut I was going to be out of a job
Pros
Good work ethic between employees
Cons
Fixing truck and equipment every week losing 2 to 3 days of work A week
I understand it is a better place to work now
Heavy transport driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 February 2017
Many of the supervisors were abusive to the field hands. Safety was not always the first priority. The crews were great to work with. I was allowed to help mechanics with upkeep of my truck which was not given to most drivers.
Pros
PPE was paid for
Cons
It was a difficult place to workj
Very busy office
Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
The office was very busy due to high volume workload, for small team size. Cross training was available and carried out to ensure all tasks were covered for vacation or illness coverage.
Cons
No flexibility
Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 February 2017
good company to work for. good money but long hours and always gone away from ur family all the time. hiring mostly class 1 drivers
Frac Pump Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 January 2017
The equipment is new and well maintained. The team atmosphere is great everyone works as a team and really get along well.
Pros
the guy on the crew
Cons
the unknown
safe and secure work eenvironment
operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 January 2017
Calfrac is a very safety conscience company and it's training and attitude reflect this in all aspects of the job. Also encouraged was using the practices that we learn in our training and use these safety skills when we are on days off. This thought process has improved my home life and that of those around me.
Pros
wage, days of work/days off
Cons
dangerous conditions that we have very little control over, such as wildlife. sometimes having to work with a person that might fail a drug test.
It sucks the life right out of you and if your not in the favourite list then you will get the leftovers..
Heavy equipment operator/Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 January 2017
This place use to be the greatest place to work right up to about 2 yrs ago and this is coming from a guy that had 5 plus yrs there. The pay is still ok even though they took a lot away but the morale is very very low right from the office to the field. And if your not in the clicks or on their favourite list then it's not worth your time especially one dispatch in general..!! But if your looking for a place to work for a short period I still wouldn't recommend it but you could always find out for yourself...lol
Pros
15/6 schedule
Cons
Long hrs, work around the clock if your driving, one dispatcher that is hard to get all with majority of the time, and the equipment is in poor shape.
If you drink n do drugs youll go far in this company and fit in
Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 January 2017
Good pay horrible hours and weather conditions they practise safety but don't follow through youll advance fast if you drink do drugs and are lazy and such up to supervisors
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Lack of sleep and family time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calfrac Well Services. Our community is ready to answer.