Calfrac Well Services

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent work environment
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2014
despite being without direct management for a period of 6 months
it was an absolute pleasure to work at Calfrac.

The people really make this company
Financial Accountant (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 7, 2014
I enjoy working here, my colleagues are great! I've had great mentors in the past and have learned a lot.
Good place to work when busy
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABDecember 11, 2013
Pros: good company great benefits
Cons: well less money and a lack of job security
Great place to work the company does some really great things for their employees. When it comes to actually going out into the field... well just don't expect to go out in the field very much. Which means no bonus and less money in your pocket and if it keeps up expect lay offs.
Good Learning Experience
Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaDecember 2, 2013
Had elements of a hostile work environment. Lack of communication between management and workers. But when things ran well, it was grand. Also the work itself was extremely rewarding and fun.
Great place to work!
Class 1 Driver/operator (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABNovember 15, 2013
HI! I enjoy working with Calfrac, however, I am looking for a job that keeps me busier and there is more room for advancing. The pay is not bad with Calfrac, but considering I have a family to support I am looking for something with more consistent hours and not something with up's and down's. My co-workers are great and I am comfortable working with – more... them they give me their time and patience if I am struggling with something that I can't figure out. My hardest part of my job is being away from my family at extended periods of time, however, I do realize that this will be a life thing. The most enjoyable part of my job is my job itself and getting to work with my co-worers daily and meeting new people and learning new things. – less
Plenty of growth potential for anyone looking to work hard
Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABOctober 24, 2013
Great place to work with a ton of great people that still keep in contact with. Great job security and great benefits.
good place to work. not enough mechanical work
Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABAugust 19, 2013
Pros: 8 days on, 6 days off
Cons: 10 hour days minimum
oil changes, annual inspections, changing filters and hoses. didn't get to do a whole lot of mechanical work. while i did learn a lot, it wasn't what i saw myself doing for years on end.
Alight workplace
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 22, 2013
This was an alright place to work. The ladies in the office were very friendly and made me feel comfortable.
parts department
parts person (Former Employee), red deerFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: bbq's, rsp plan excellent
Cons: bad management, favourtism..volitile environment
This place is a gong show. Management is terrible, won't resolve issue's, give no resources that are needed. Alot of infighting, favourtism.

Manager of department has DUI's, yet the job requires you to make deliveries, pickups and get parts to other departments areas, however manager can't do it because of no license. Friends work together there. Volitile – more... working environment, very high turnover.

Long hours and very negative environment. Don't waste your time. Red Deer branch has extremely high turnover. – less
not sure what to say
Coiled Tubing Supervisor (Former Employee), GP AlbertaOctober 22, 2012
As a professional I am compelled to be tight lipped and selective about the things I say about current or previous employers , the old addage dont burn any bridges behind you is at the forefront as well. I will say that my experience at Calfrac was not an enjoyable one , and I would not return there under any circumstances , but that is just one mans – more... opinion and experience . – less
great bunch of guys to work with
Operator 2 (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: work with guys from home town
Cons: working hard dosen't get you a head with these guys
great guys to work for. But hard to move up unless you are friends with the boss or with someone high up :(. guys that should get moved up don't and guy that don't deserve a promotion get it :(
Frac Pump Operator (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 22, 2012
Great job but hard to be away from home for long periods. Good benefits, good salary, flights paid, accommodations paid.
Great place to work.
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Converse, TXJune 24, 2014
Company takes care of employees and is always looking for ways to better benefits and make sure employees happy.
Great place to work.
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Converse, TXJune 24, 2014
To much responsibility for the money
Night Dispatcher (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAMay 6, 2014
Good stable company, But you have no time for yourself and the money is far from desirable,
If your Good Old Boy You move up.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Beebe, ARApril 24, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: supervisors/ mgmt.
Typical Oilfield Jobs. Hard work, long hours. Decent pay if you figure it on 60-80 hour work weeks. MGT up and down. Typical Preach Safety, but don't dare let it affect job completion.
Sinking ship!! everything has changed poor, poor, poor managment
Frac Operator Lv3 (Current Employee), Williston, NDMarch 14, 2014
Pros: none now!!
Cons: poor management and bad schedule..
Has gone way down hill with changing pay and taking bonuses away. Now they are changing schedule to 16 on 5 off.. Management has really messed up ND district.. They think they can hire locals paying $14.5hr to start!! LMAO.. Walmart pays 20+.. You dont like the schedule leave, they dont care how many experienced hands they lose.. They also cant figure – more... out why they are having more injuries with all the experience gone!! Just a matter of time before they blow someone or several up.. – less
Fine
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Beebe, ARJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
Great better than McDonalds, supervisor and technician training was poor.
Great money
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaNovember 30, 2013
A company that definitely pays very well but at great cost to the employee. There was no schedule or rotation to speak of and an atmosphere of "work until you drop" was the norm.
Productive work environment
Operator III (Former Employee), Mount Morris, PASeptember 13, 2013
Get equipment to well sites efficiently, rig up and rig down, fallow safety guidelines.

About Calfrac Well Services

Since 1999, Calfrac has grown from a four person company to a leading oilfield service provider with over 3000 employees worldwide. – Read more

Calfrac Well Services Photos