Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

in all i had a very good time working with a great bunch of guys
N2 operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 July 2016
great bunch of guys every body helps one another. the mechanics are there to show or help you do wat you are doing .management are guys that were out in the field they know and can help you if you only ask .atypical day at work is like working with your brothers in the back yard but with alot of safety.the hardest part of the job is trying to staying focsed when days off are coming up. the most enjoyable part of the job is going home to your family,
Poor working atmosphere
Parts person (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB20 October 2015
Management is clueless on how to lead. Sneaky backstabbing goes on all the time amongst employees and from supervisors/managers to employees. Hidden agendas, politics, and B/S on a daily basis. Not a nice place to work.
Pros
Good wages and benefits, not worth the hassle though.
Cons
Toxic work environment
OK
Frac Hand (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB18 November 2015
Guys were good. Salary and bonuses OK. Benefits so so.
Management in Medicine Hat not great - Friends and family program.
On the road all the time once the price of natural gas went to nothing.
Pros
mostly decent guys
Cons
management, away from home
Terrible company to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande prairie11 July 2015
Bottom of the industry benefits, pay depends on how often you're in the field (going camping quadding or fishing with people in positions of authority are the best way to ensure good pay).

Management come from the field and have no idea what it takes to manage people, they're promoted to the point of incompetence because they know people higher up.

Be prepared to work 15-16 hours days when you do finally get into the field as they will try to run you into the ground or until you drop or burnout. No doubt you will be blamed for said burnout.

Good luck trying to move up without knowing someone, and be prepared to be treated like poorly on a daily basis. You will hear the term "we own you for 15 days" repeatedly and they constantly remind you that you can be replaced... And they will, they recently laid off 60% of their workforce this spring. You mean nothing to them, bottom line is all that matters!

Service first, people don't matter

Terrible leadership, terrible model, do yourself a favour and look elsewhere. You'll thank me for it.
Pros
Industry average pay(which was just cut)
Cons
Poor benefits, poor treatment, egotistical management
good safe place to work
Fracturing Operator / CTAN supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie AB21 August 2015
Safety culture is very high and good pay when its busy. Great bunch of guys to work with but being gone for two weeks from my family is hard
Pros
pay
Cons
Calfrac well is a good company
Frac Lead Pump Hand (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 December 2015
Its pretty good company to work for, ambiance, people, life, money ,
work it was pretty much good.I enjoyed working there.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
yes long hours
I enjoyed all aspects of my job and really enjoyed passing on my knowledge to coworkers.
Coil Tubing Operator 3/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 November 2015
it was a great job. The opportunity for learning and advancement was made clear from the get go. Hard work is rewarded and failure is taken as a learning experience.
Pros
rewarded for hard work
Cons
it is best described as feast or famine
parts department
parts person (Former Employee) –  red deer19 February 2013
This place is a gong show. Management is terrible, won't resolve issue's, give no resources that are needed. Alot of infighting, favourtism.

Manager of department has DUI's, yet the job requires you to make deliveries, pickups and get parts to other departments areas, however manager can't do it because of no license. Friends work together there. Volitile working environment, very high turnover.

Long hours and very negative environment. Don't waste your time. Red Deer branch has extremely high turnover.
Pros
bbq's, rsp plan excellent
Cons
bad management, favourtism..volitile environment
Productive Work place
CTAN Operator (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 September 2015
Fun Workplace with Challenges everyday, You always learn something. People are good to work with. Long hours in which sometimes pay off in which other times it dont. Apply Within
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Good place to work when busy
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 December 2013
Great place to work the company does some really great things for their employees. When it comes to actually going out into the field... well just don't expect to go out in the field very much. Which means no bonus and less money in your pocket and if it keeps up expect lay offs.
Pros
Good company great benefits
Cons
Well less money and a lack of job security
Great balance between work and play
Fracturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 November 2015
A good place to work with many chances to advance within the company. The 15 and 6 schedule provides workers with a good chance to earn money as well as spend time off with family and needed rest. Hydraulic fracturing can be a very dangerous job but with controls in place and experienced workers, the job was made safe by everyone.
Plenty of growth potential for anyone looking to work hard
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 October 2013
Great place to work with a ton of great people that still keep in contact with. Great job security and great benefits.
Calfrac was a good place to work. Challenges and experiences were met.
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Red Deer Alberta16 October 2015
Calfrac was easy to blend in and be part of a team. My experience was used to trouble shoot and mentor others.

The work pace could be very fast due to operational requirements at times. The overall atmosphere was amiable and easy going.

Calfrac employees kept a professional workplace and were treated very well.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Hotel Living
no chance to move up in this job
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC27 July 2015
take yard list and send it to Dispatch-check that warehouse is clean -check on computer that all the job board is up to date-transfer chemicals to work or travel totes as required-load or unload trucks as required -check with job supervisors to see if they know when trucks are coming in and plan to unload and reload them as required
Pros
talking to operators
Cons
need to know can be diffcult to handel at times
Great place to start an oil field career
Coil Tubing Operator III (Lead Hand) (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 May 2014
Company takes good care of employees. Great benefits, compensation structure, great place for new to oil field workers. Good training, typically a good working environment.

Company schedules and pays for all flights and accommodation while on shift.
Great place to work!
Class 1 Driver/operator (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 November 2013
HI! I enjoy working with Calfrac, however, I am looking for a job that keeps me busier and there is more room for advancing. The pay is not bad with Calfrac, but considering I have a family to support I am looking for something with more consistent hours and not something with up's and down's. My co-workers are great and I am comfortable working with them they give me their time and patience if I am struggling with something that I can't figure out. My hardest part of my job is being away from my family at extended periods of time, however, I do realize that this will be a life thing. The most enjoyable part of my job is my job itself and getting to work with my co-worers daily and meeting new people and learning new things.
N/A
N/A (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie2 October 2015
Given the current state of the economy, it is very difficult to maintain a positive working environment. Good company otherwise.
great bunch of guys to work with
Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB18 September 2012
great guys to work for. But hard to move up unless you are friends with the boss or with someone high up :(. guys that should get moved up don't and guy that don't deserve a promotion get it :(
Pros
work with guys from home town
Cons
working hard dosen't get you a head with these guys
Good Learning Experience
Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, Alberta2 December 2013
Had elements of a hostile work environment. Lack of communication between management and workers. But when things ran well, it was grand. Also the work itself was extremely rewarding and fun.
Productive and fun place to work
Level 2 desktop support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2014
• Provide in depth support to clients requiring assistance with IT products and services.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex software, hardware and technical issues for clients.
• Identify and escalate situations requiring a field technician when necessary.
• Collaborate with development staff to recreate problems in test environment.
• Remote trouble shooting using variety of different software tools.
• Log all help desk interactions with clients and field technicians.
• Track issues to resolution and update knowledge base.