Calfrac Well Services

Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great work mates
Mobile Service Mechanic (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2014
get to go to location see the country, work on various fracking equipment. Great people to work with
Great place to start an oil field career
Coil Tubing Operator III (Lead Hand) (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 26, 2014
Company takes good care of employees. Great benefits, compensation structure, great place for new to oil field workers. Good training, typically a good working environment.

Company schedules and pays for all flights and accommodation while on shift.
Excellent work environment
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2014
despite being without direct management for a period of 6 months
it was an absolute pleasure to work at Calfrac.

The people really make this company
Financial Accountant (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 7, 2014
I enjoy working here, my colleagues are great! I've had great mentors in the past and have learned a lot.
Good place to work when busy
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABDecember 11, 2013
Pros: good company great benefits
Cons: well less money and a lack of job security
Great place to work the company does some really great things for their employees. When it comes to actually going out into the field... well just don't expect to go out in the field very much. Which means no bonus and less money in your pocket and if it keeps up expect lay offs.
Good Learning Experience
Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaDecember 2, 2013
Had elements of a hostile work environment. Lack of communication between management and workers. But when things ran well, it was grand. Also the work itself was extremely rewarding and fun.
Great place to work!
Class 1 Driver/operator (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABNovember 15, 2013
HI! I enjoy working with Calfrac, however, I am looking for a job that keeps me busier and there is more room for advancing. The pay is not bad with Calfrac, but considering I have a family to support I am looking for something with more consistent hours and not something with up's and down's. My co-workers are great and I am comfortable working with them they give me their time and patience if I am struggling with something that I can't figure out. My hardest part of my job is being away from my family at extended periods of time, however, I do realize that this will be a life thing. The most enjoyable part of my job is my job itself and getting to work with my co-worers daily and meeting new people and learning new things.
Plenty of growth potential for anyone looking to work hard
Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABOctober 24, 2013
Great place to work with a ton of great people that still keep in contact with. Great job security and great benefits.
good place to work. not enough mechanical work
Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABAugust 19, 2013
Pros: 8 days on, 6 days off
Cons: 10 hour days minimum
oil changes, annual inspections, changing filters and hoses. didn't get to do a whole lot of mechanical work. while i did learn a lot, it wasn't what i saw myself doing for years on end.
Alight workplace
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 22, 2013
This was an alright place to work. The ladies in the office were very friendly and made me feel comfortable.
parts department
parts person (Former Employee), red deerFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: bbq's, rsp plan excellent
Cons: bad management, favourtism..volitile environment
This place is a gong show. Management is terrible, won't resolve issue's, give no resources that are needed. Alot of infighting, favourtism.

Manager of department has DUI's, yet the job requires you to make deliveries, pickups and get parts to other departments areas, however manager can't do it because of no license. Friends work together there. Volitile working environment, very high turnover.

Long hours and very negative environment. Don't waste your time. Red Deer branch has extremely high turnover.
not sure what to say
Coiled Tubing Supervisor (Former Employee), GP AlbertaOctober 22, 2012
As a professional I am compelled to be tight lipped and selective about the things I say about current or previous employers , the old addage dont burn any bridges behind you is at the forefront as well. I will say that my experience at Calfrac was not an enjoyable one , and I would not return there under any circumstances , but that is just one mans opinion and experience .
great bunch of guys to work with
Operator 2 (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: work with guys from home town
Cons: working hard dosen't get you a head with these guys
great guys to work for. But hard to move up unless you are friends with the boss or with someone high up :(. guys that should get moved up don't and guy that don't deserve a promotion get it :(
Frac Pump Operator (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 22, 2012
Great job but hard to be away from home for long periods. Good benefits, good salary, flights paid, accommodations paid.
good pay and benefits
Truck Driver/ Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Williston, NDJanuary 9, 2015
The job has good pay and benefits with lots of overtime. we as operators would drive equipment to wellsites, rig in the equipment, frac the well and then rig out
Crew Bus Driver (Current Employee), San Antonio,TexasJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great :pay, benefits, culture
Cons: did not come to work here sooner
I am proud to work here. Calfrac is all about safety and training---so much so that within days of being actually hired they send you to a 2 1/2 week safety training and orientation class in Denver,Colorado. Upon completion of this class( that they pay you to attend) you receive your OSHA 30 card,H2S safety card,forklift and manlift certification cards,self contained breathing apparatus certificate,etc..all these things taught to us by Calfrac to help us remain safe. They give us a great compensation package and very good pay in exchange for our hard work. I have met some great people while working here and as long as you give 100% they reward you efforts.I work a 15 days on/6 days off shift and we get paid biweekly. Calfrac also gives us per diem checks for our meals if you are out on site that can reach up to $40/day. I am a crewbus/hot shot driver here and cannot be happier with my job.
If you are a hard worker who is motivated to work then you deserve to work for the best..which is what I believe Calfrac to be.
Excellent Work Ethic, Serious Sense of Pride and Ownership
Supervisor (Current Employee), Smithfield, PADecember 27, 2014
Responsible for day to day ground and equipment operations for high pressure fracturing pumping. Knowledgeable and experienced in operations and trouble shooting of fracturing equipment. Knowledge and experienced in well job design and treating. Responsible for over accountability of equipment and personnel and to ensure all operation of high pressure fracturing pumping is conducted in a environmentally sound and safe process.
Job security, yes. Advancement, maybe
Transport driver, Dispatcher (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: good 'ol boy system
Good old boy system is pretty strong, or at least in San Antonio. Qualified Applicants are looked over for "buddies" regularly. Training is available. Pay is good and compares to other oil service companies. Work is steady as they have grown to 4 crews in this district in just over a year.
Health Safety Environmental Coordinator (Current Employee), Williston,ND.December 3, 2014
Pros: learning more about hse
Cons: being away from the family
To keep all employees safe and motivate them to practice safety at all times.
Logistics driver
logistics (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: no layoffs and good hours
Cons: unqualified people in positions of power and good old boy system.
The logistics department has good management. This department gives u days off when u need them and u mostly go home every night, but if you push your self you could stay out in the truck and make some serious money. Starting pay is aound 17.00 but crazy hours if u want to push yourself (best check was 4700.00 for 15 days before taxes). The culture here is mostly friendly. Cement depatment is also good but they just started the department so they are starting to get work. Logistics divers average around 160 to 190 hours on a full 15 day hitch( your 6 days off affects every other paycheck). They will let u work 12 hours in yard, not like Sanjel which only gives you 8 hours in yard. Schedule here in San Antonio TX is days 15 on and 6 days off and 40.00 perdiem daily when you go to the well site. Frac is hard due to the constant work on valves and seats on pump trucks. If you are frac they always give u a hotel room as long as you live out town, not like Sanjel which gives u 30 days in holtel and after that you need to find a place to rent. They have been hiring people with no cdl's but just the permit and training them in the yard. The yard is 10 minutes from San antonio, which is a very festive city.
Peace Out!

1 2 3

About Calfrac Well Services

Since 1999, Calfrac has grown from a four person company to a leading oilfield service provider with over 3000 employees worldwide. – Read more

Calfrac Well Services Photos