Calfrac Well Services

Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

If you kiss a s s or keep your mouth shut you get lots of hours
Driver and equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Red deer17 February 2017
Overall I got along good with mechanics drivers some manager . The first five months the pay was very good after that lost all bonus and became all broken promises . Talk to some of the manager they basically told me if I didn't keep my mouth shut I was going to be out of a job
Pros
Good work ethic between employees
Cons
Fixing truck and equipment every week losing 2 to 3 days of work A week
Very busy office
Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
The office was very busy due to high volume workload, for small team size. Cross training was available and carried out to ensure all tasks were covered for vacation or illness coverage.
Cons
No flexibility
Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 February 2017
good company to work for. good money but long hours and always gone away from ur family all the time. hiring mostly class 1 drivers
Frac Pump Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 January 2017
The equipment is new and well maintained. The team atmosphere is great everyone works as a team and really get along well.
Pros
the guy on the crew
Cons
the unknown
safe and secure work eenvironment
operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 January 2017
Calfrac is a very safety conscience company and it's training and attitude reflect this in all aspects of the job. Also encouraged was using the practices that we learn in our training and use these safety skills when we are on days off. This thought process has improved my home life and that of those around me.
Pros
wage, days of work/days off
Cons
dangerous conditions that we have very little control over, such as wildlife. sometimes having to work with a person that might fail a drug test.
It sucks the life right out of you and if your not in the favourite list then you will get the leftovers..
Heavy equipment operator/Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 January 2017
This place use to be the greatest place to work right up to about 2 yrs ago and this is coming from a guy that had 5 plus yrs there. The pay is still ok even though they took a lot away but the morale is very very low right from the office to the field. And if your not in the clicks or on their favourite list then it's not worth your time especially one dispatch in general..!! But if your looking for a place to work for a short period I still wouldn't recommend it but you could always find out for yourself...lol
Pros
15/6 schedule
Cons
Long hrs, work around the clock if your driving, one dispatcher that is hard to get all with majority of the time, and the equipment is in poor shape.
If you drink n do drugs youll go far in this company and fit in
Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 January 2017
Good pay horrible hours and weather conditions they practise safety but don't follow through youll advance fast if you drink do drugs and are lazy and such up to supervisors
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Lack of sleep and family time
Sure wished they didn't close the district down
Partsroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB16 January 2017
So disappointed that they closed the district down in Medicine Hat. I loved my job and I loved working for Calfrac. If given the opportunity I would return to work for them.
Pros
great to their employees, rewarding
Cons
downturn in the industry, layoffs
long days
fracer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 January 2017
It was a good place if you were part of the "in" crowd there more friend based for advancement than skill required. The money was great and for the most part friendly people
Local Staff and Management was Excellent
Full-time HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB30 December 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Calfrac and was sad when the Med Hat location was closed.
I enjoyed spending time in a professional field and office environment. I developed excellent skills and learned about the fracking industry.
Don't waste your time apply somewhere else
Frac Op (Former Employee) –  South Ab.21 December 2016
Where to start, Well services companies are often poorly managed but this one is in another league. No communication, no one knows what is happening. When you have a question no one knows the answer and refers you to someone else who also don't know and refers you back to the first person etc... For the management, you're a number, they treat you like they own you for your 15 days on. Low bonuses if you're not in the Grande-Prairie division.

On a positive side, Few knowledgeable employees and supervisor, benefits are ok.
Pros
6 days off
Cons
management, pay etc..
Hard work in extreme environments
AZ Truck Driver and Oil Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 December 2016
We would be up and start working at 5 am and be out on the road for work. We normally worked about 12 hours at the site, but could have a 2 hour drive to and from the site.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Worked 3 weeks away from home
Safety conscience, respectful work environment
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 December 2016
Assisting 600 internal clients with payroll, group benefits, health and RRSP concerns. The supervisory skills learned was invaluable and helpful team oriented co workers made every day enjoyable. the hardest part of my job was handling delicate personal issues of my internal co-workers and the most enjoyable was being able to make their work life easier.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful
in all i had a very good time working with a great bunch of guys
N2 operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 July 2016
great bunch of guys every body helps one another. the mechanics are there to show or help you do wat you are doing .management are guys that were out in the field they know and can help you if you only ask .atypical day at work is like working with your brothers in the back yard but with alot of safety.the hardest part of the job is trying to staying focsed when days off are coming up. the most enjoyable part of the job is going home to your family,
great team
Level 3 Equipment Operator/Lead (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 May 2016
great place to work, great team of guys! very understanding with the rotation employees from the east coast and travel arrangements
Calfrac well is a good company
Frac Lead Pump Hand (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 December 2015
Its pretty good company to work for, ambiance, people, life, money ,
work it was pretty much good.I enjoyed working there.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
yes long hours
OK
Frac Hand (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB18 November 2015
Guys were good. Salary and bonuses OK. Benefits so so.
Management in Medicine Hat not great - Friends and family program.
On the road all the time once the price of natural gas went to nothing.
Pros
mostly decent guys
Cons
management, away from home
I enjoyed all aspects of my job and really enjoyed passing on my knowledge to coworkers.
Coil Tubing Operator 3/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 November 2015
it was a great job. The opportunity for learning and advancement was made clear from the get go. Hard work is rewarded and failure is taken as a learning experience.
Pros
rewarded for hard work
Cons
it is best described as feast or famine
Great balance between work and play
Fracturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 November 2015
A good place to work with many chances to advance within the company. The 15 and 6 schedule provides workers with a good chance to earn money as well as spend time off with family and needed rest. Hydraulic fracturing can be a very dangerous job but with controls in place and experienced workers, the job was made safe by everyone.
Poor working atmosphere
Parts person (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB20 October 2015
Management is clueless on how to lead. Sneaky backstabbing goes on all the time amongst employees and from supervisors/managers to employees. Hidden agendas, politics, and B/S on a daily basis. Not a nice place to work.
Pros
Good wages and benefits, not worth the hassle though.
Cons
Toxic work environment