Caledon Capital Management Inc. (“Caledon”), a private markets investment firm based in Toronto, Canada, is seeking an Associate / Senior Associate to join its growing team of 15 people. This is a dynamic role which will focus on a variety of private markets investments, with the initial focus on private equity and infrastructure fund investments (both primary and secondary opportunities) and direct co-investments. Working closely with senior investment professionals, you will play an important role as part of a versatile team in making global investments with key responsibilities in the following areas:
- Assist in all aspects of the investment process including the sourcing, analysis and diligence, execution, structuring, and negotiations of fund investments and direct co-investments, as well as supporting functions including documentation/deal closing procedures for completed transactions
- Prepare detailed investment recommendations outlining key elements of the investment thesis, including an assessment of the relevant merits and risks of each investment, supported by in-depth research and analysis of market and industry trends, track record evaluation, competitor analysis, and other factors in support of the investment thesis
- Assist with all facets of portfolio management, including portfolio construction and monitoring, allocation analysis, establishing and adhering to investment guidelines, and establishing appropriate investment benchmarks
- Assist in managing the deal flow/pipeline of opportunities, conducting market/industry research, performing valuation and track record analysis, and creating detailed financial models
- Assist in the development of private markets investment strategies, including preparing educational materials for senior management and investment committees, and as required, playing a supporting role in various business development initiatives for the firm
- Completion of a university degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field, with a strong academic record. Technical degrees, such as in engineering, will also be considered;
- 2 - 4 years of relevant investment experience in private markets fund investments is preferred. Relevant experience in investment banking, consulting, corporate development or a related field may be considered;
- Well-developed qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, including financial modeling, valuation, and due diligence capabilities;
- Candidates must be highly proficient at financial modeling in Excel, and have advanced abilities in Word and PowerPoint applications;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, intellectual agility, and time management skills; and,
- Completion of, or enrollment in, a professional designation (e.g. CFA, CA, CBV) and/or fluency in multiple languages are each considered an asset.
Further, you are an ambitious self-starter, and a solid team player with a positive attitude. You possess high professional and ethical standards. You endeavour to perform work beyond what is required at your level, and are willing to “roll up your sleeves” in an entrepreneurial environment, to get work done as necessary. You have a demonstrated ability to be resourceful and persistent in gathering and assessing information and to quickly assimilate knowledge.
Indeed - 10 months ago