Working as part of a close-knit management team, reporting to the President of Caframo, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the purchasing, shipping/receiving, material handling and production control operations of the company. The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader with demonstrated capabilities as a coach and mentor and success in logistics management.
- 5-7 years of directly related management experience in a medium to large manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary education in business, purchasing or logistics management
- Proven business and purchasing expertise in operations and/or business analysis with an international focus
- Well-developed strategic forecasting and sourcing abilities
- Superior negotiation skills and abilities
- Well-developed organizational, analytical, time management and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with drive and ability to provide leadership in a hands-on environment
- Strong preference for and experience working within a team environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in systems and procedures and related computer technologies
- Broad knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, including Value Stream Mapping
Located in the Wiarton/Owen Sound Area, Caframo has been in operation since 1955. Caframo’s corporate offices and production plant are situated on the picturesque shores of Georgian Bay, 30 minutes from the city of Owen Sound and only 3 hours from the GTA. View the calming waters of Georgian Bay everyday as you come to work and spend your off hours on the many walking and ski trails throughout the region. Living in the Owen Sound or Wiarton area, you are close to the outdoors, in an active arts community and in a great place to raise kids.
Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document with SCM13 referenced in the subject line.
Compensation package is commensurate with experience.
All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. We thank all those who apply; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.caframo.com. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.