Caframo is looking for a Business Development Manager to lead our consumer products business development team.
Working as part of a close-knit management team, reporting to the President, the key focus of this role is to lead Caframo’s consumer products business development function with the end goals of growing revenue, providing superior customer service and developing a world class team.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader who is adept at product development, marketing, sales, and process improvement; with demonstrated capabilities as a coach and mentor. A strong planner and communicator.
- Develop & implement a strategic domestic and international marketing and sales plan.
- Lead & coach a team of six to eight sales, marketing and customer service personnel.
- Use your industry experience, leadership, and interpersonal skills to train and inspire exceptional performance across the team.
- Develop new business relationships and effectively manage the existing customer base.
- As a team, plan and meet annual sales and margin objectives.
- Participate as a contributor, leader and mentor in the product development stage gate process.
- Develop, implement and maintain a social media plan and overall internet marketing strategy.
- Actively participate as a member of the management team to help drive ongoing success.
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role or industry and possesses a solid business acumen.
- At least 5 years in a business development leadership role.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, Engineering or an equivalent combination of
training and relevant business experience.
- Successful track record in business development; including international business and social media projects.
- A willingness to travel, up to 25% of the time in Canada, USA, and overseas.
- Superior communication (verbal and written), presentation, networking, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Experience managing and developing staff with the ability to lead, empower, delegate, motivate, inspire and generate buy-in.
- A supportive, positive personality that establishes goals and holds themselves and others accountable.
- Extensive experience in sales planning and execution, including attending and participating in trade shows.
- Strong Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), prior experience with ERP and CRM systems.
- Experience and expertise in market research and stage-gate product development.
Located in the Wiarton/Owen Sound Area, Caframo has been in operation since 1955. Caframo’s corporate offices and production plant are situated on the picturesque shores of Georgian Bay, 30 minutes from the city of Owen Sound and only 3 hours from the GTA. View the calming waters of Georgian Bay every day as you come to work and spend your off hours on the many walking and ski trails throughout the region. Living in the Owen Sound or Wiarton area, you are close to the outdoors, in an active arts community and in a great place to raise kids.
Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document with BDM13 referenced in the subject line.
Compensation package is commensurate with experience.
All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. We thank all those who apply; however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.caframo.com. Caframo is an equal opportunity employer.