Accountant / Senior Accountant
Caframo has an opening for an Accountant in their accounting department. The incumbent will report to the Controller.
- Work with minimal supervision in completing routine accounting responsibilities in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide guidance to other members of the accounting team, including order entry, A/R, A/P, and inventory control.
- Prepare internal monthly financial statements for management.
- Review A/P batches for proper matching to receipts on PO related invoices, as well as proper coding to the G/L.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly government reporting and remitting of GST/HST, QST, corporate tax installments, etc.
- Prepare quarterly reporting on bank covenants.
- Provide additional financial analysis and reporting as required.
Other Potential Role Requirements:
- Backup for payroll.
- Primary responsibility for cash, accounts payable, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Projection and monitoring of profit & loss and cash flow projections for internal use and annual bank review.
- Responsible for yearend close, including working with the external accountant in the creation of the fiscal year end statements and corporate tax return.
- Assist in the implementation and enforcement of internal financial controls.
- Review existing accounting practices and recommend and implement improvements.
- Provide management financial guidance, and bring forth areas of concern related to business that can adversely affect the company.
- Four year degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent experience;
- 5 years experience in an Accounting/Finance department, manufacturing sector experience preferred;
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate good time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and experience with a fully integrated ERP system;
- Must be detail oriented and accurate with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent problem solving abilities;
- Experience in Lean Accounting an asset.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled
All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Caframo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 2 years ago
Caframo is a privately owned Canadian manufacturing company founded in 1955. There are two divisions, "consumer" that provides...