Caesars Entertainment Employee Reviews in Canada

Caesars Windsor Casino
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 4, 2016
A typical start of the day with Caesars would consist of a Pre-Shift get together with the Management team discussing any new promotions going on with the company, if there was a group of guests coming in for a convention of some sort or musical guests we had that eveing. I learned alot from Caesars, how to act in a professional manner, organizational skills, strong work ethic with a great company. I enjoyed every reltaionship with co workers and management team, it truly was a wonderful place to work. Hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with excessive mess in a room but no matter what i was always to complete the tasks everyday in company standard expectations.
Pros
Free lunches at times, Clean and safe working areas, free beverages, professionalism.
Cons
Excessive cleanup party rooms at times.
I had many different jobs at the casino and some I enjoyed more than others. Overall it is a great place to work with nice staff and management.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 25, 2016
I started as a cashier and ended as room service attendant. All jobs had money evolvement and most balancing at the end of a shift. With cashier I dealt with tokens,chips cash and much more. Room service was less complicated. I got along with all staff and together made the job a great place to work. I loved working with all walks of life and enjoyed listening to their stories. My favourite job was slot attendant with paying out jackpots and the music in some areas just made everyone happy. The worst part of the job is seeing the devastation the gaming industry caused some of my customers and trying to get them the help they needed.
Pros
Great pay and staff
Cons
Hard to get vacation with family or holidays off after 15 yrs
Great carreer at Caesars, moved to re-locate with spouse
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 25, 2016
Caesars Windsor allowed me to grow within the company, moving around to different departments over the 17 yrs. I take with me an ability to handle any situation with my expert customer service skills, that iam most proud of.
Pros
excellent wage and benefits
Cons
shift work, grave shifts
An evil with in
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 6, 2016
All nights and weekends plus holidays.
I learned how to handle working with the public.
Co-workers are all over the map.
Hardest part of the job is leaving your personal life behind, it is like you moved away because no one outside of he casino carries your hours.
Enjoyable part of the job is just how easy the job really is.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Never seeing your friends and family again.
Know when to fold'em
Resort Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 7, 2015
21 years time wasted.No family time,odd hours/shifts,and extensive lack of communication between management and staff.
Pros
Health Benefits, Full-Time
Cons
Misinformed
Casino Industry
Casino Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 18, 2014
I started work in the casino industry in 1976. I began as a table games dealer and worked my way up to acquiring my Games Manager License, for the province of Alberta in 1984. I left Alberta in 1995 to go work in the casino industry in Windsor On. I spent 4 years training table game dealers as well as being hired as a Pit Manager for Casino Windsor (Ceasars Windsor as it is now named). I gained my "Key" license while working in Windsor, which is the highest level gaming license that one could achieve. Once Casino's opened in the state of Michigan, Ceasars Windsor started releasing upper management positions. I was a victim of this cutback and returned to Calgary in 2009. I was hired by Elbow River Casino to manage their Off Track Betting Parlor which quickly became the number one OTB in the province. The original owner sold out to another casino and I again, became a subject to downsizing. I love the casino industry and would truly appreciate moving forward.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you in the very near future.

Don Rogers
Pros
full benefits
Fast Paced High Volume Working Environment
Outlet Chef (Current Employee) –  WindsorJune 27, 2015
At Caesars Windsor we cater to a large number of customers every day in a variety of different dining environments ranging from fine dining,quick grab and go, VIP Lounge, Large selection Buffet, Banquets and All day dining

As an outlet Chef, I manage all the day to day aspects of my restaurants, monitoring daily staffing and food costs, daily health and safety and food safety checklists, menu planning and promotions, staff training and product quality controls

I enjoy our employee diversity, teamwork, multi tasking and problem solving
A very challenging place to work with several opportunities
Table Game Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 14, 2012
A typical day at Caesars was very challenging. Everyday was very different. You were dealing with over 1000 staff to supervised plus 1000s of customers. The customer service was the key to success. The job was very diversified with many changes on a daily basis. This company gave me the opportunity to learn and be trained with many management and leadership programs.There was quite a bit of knowledge that we were trained for management and union. Co-workers were either very negative or very positive.. My job was to maintain a good balanced day. The most enjoyable part of the job was i love new challenges and being trained .
Pros
the opportunity to get trained for new positions.
Cons
dealing with people who lose money, working long hours and every holiday.
Caesars Windsor is a good source of employment for local individuals.
Hotel Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 16, 2013
On a daily basis, I worked hard to bring groups into the casino. Motor coach groups were very important to our business and we had to be creative and competitive in our offerings to this group.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They assisted our guests in every way possible.

One of my tasks was to meet with and showcase our convention centre to perspective clients for social events such as weddings, conventions and meetings.

The Executive Staff held weekly meetings with their team to discuss and add support to our many tasks.
Pros
caesars windsor provided a cafeteria for team members.
Cons
cafeteria charged team members for their food which resulted in a negative for many of the team.
Decent work place.
Server/Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 24, 2015
Not equipped to accommodate all the customers that walk through the door, stressful work environment when nothing goes right. Rules are often not followed through and changed depending on the person. Hours are decent, not exceptional.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
no breaks, long hours, not equipped
Very boring and not challanging, but I make the best of it, and do my job the best I can.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 17, 2012
Securing assets, always providing the very best customer service, following the Alcohol and Gaming rules and guidelines. Management are for the most part unprofessional and under qualified. Not all but most. Same goes for some of my co-workers. However some are excellent at doing there job. The hardest part of my job is trying to enjoy it. Its difficult to to do something you don't enjoy. The most part I like about my job is meeting new people everyday, and knowing that I can make them smile if they are having a bad time or experience.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
shift work "afternoons". pay is sub-standard and not challanging.
Taking care of People, both staff and patrons.
SLOT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 7, 2015
Initial supervisor meetings to go over days activities and any new info. Prepare attendant pre-shift meeting for new shift. Various themes and info with question period. This was a great way to check everyone on shift and answer any concerns. Using a software program that tracked players, I could locate and meet up with important patrons.This Bally program was also used to locate lost tickets and /or theft. I had a radio and called for an attendant or technician when needed. Check break times for staff and monitor my area.

I learned how to spoil people and think proactively, to build relationships and solve concerns. Management was supportive with preparation and overseeing the shift. Co-workers were a great mixture of people and some are close friends to this day. We were a great team, and , I enjoy visiting them when I return to Windsor.

The hardest part of the job was listening to players talk about their lives or they had a death in the family. Watching people lose a lot and having to explain gambling in simple terms.

What I enjoyed most was the variety of people on any day. I was always wearing a smile cause I loved to be in that line of work. Helping people who lost something or someone and just being a good listener made me a popular supervisor that is still asked about after 5 years. Change is a dominant part of this business and I have to say that working on a Riverboat for almost 2 years in the Detroit river was the best experience in my 15 years at Caesar's/Casino Windsor.
Pros
Staff picnics & functions. Christmas & Thanksgiving gifts.Raise & Bonus
Cons
Personal goal setting & evaluations.
great Company
Bartender (Current Employee) –  WindsorApril 20, 2015
Lots of room for advancement. Love the people I work with and really enjoy what I do. Great benefits good supervisors and am always learning something new.
Fun and challenging place to work
Slot Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 14, 2015
Great group of people to work with. A lot of fun, yet very challenging. Dealing with customers questions and concerns, some can be very challenging. Great management and people you can trust.
Pros
Great people
Cons
work holidays
Great Place to work
Table Games Floor Supervisor / Dual Pit Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 23, 2015
Would recommend working for Caesars to all friends and family. Unlimited learning potential along with advancement opportunities.
Pros
Clean and safe working conditions
Cons
At a stand still at current wage
negative environment due to addicted patrons
womens restroom cleaner (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 12, 2015
I enjoy my job because I am able to organize my work and work at my own pace. Over the years I have learned tolerance when dealing with the public who are sometimes irritated due to losing money while gambling. Management is always on site and available when needed. My co-workers are very good at jumping in in an emergency and helping out, as well as being team players. Physically, this job can be demanding but at the end of the day I do feel a sense of accomplishment, especially when supervisors notice and comment on a job well done.
Pros
free coffee juice tea
Cons
physically demanding.
My best job
Sr. Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 31, 2015
The Best team, The Best job that I ever had.

Best location : Located in the heard of Montreal.

I am very sorry that I was needed to leave.... relocated to Toronto...
Pros
Too many
Cons
NONE
A wonderful place to work at. Love the atmosphere
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 28, 2015
I learned a lot working for Caesars Windsor, from the way everything works to how to do my job properly. The management is unreal, they are very kind and patient with the employees. The hardest part about my job would have to be balancing dishes on trays as your walking. I enjoy every part of my job.
Pros
Food, People, Workers
Cons
Not enough hours
fast paced, and fun work environment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 24, 2014
love the place, and the team.best equipment and team in southern Ontario.
Pros
best benefits, loads of employees discounts all around the city.
Cons
union culture
Caesar Windsor
Finance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 19, 2013
I learned patience to go along with my need to seek a better way of doing my job. Since we are regulated by the Government not too many adjustments could be made, but they would listen and then tell you why some things were not open to adjustment. Being middle management you learn more about team work and how you and your co-workers can assist each other to finish each shift on schedule, The hardest part of the job was adjusting to working a steady midnight shift. Enjoyment with the job came when interacting with patrons and assisting them to an enjoyable visit to the Casino.
Pros
periodic employee appreciation days
Cons
adjusting to your weekend being anything than saturday and sunday

Caesars Entertainment Reviews by Location