Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 47,000 clients across 112 countries At CACTUS, we offer researchers, universities, institutes, and research laboratories high-quality, cost-efficient editorial solutions that help them create publication-ready documents.
We are currently looking for experienced editors to work with us on a freelance basis for our English-language academic copyediting and substantive editing services.
Here’s what you need to become a CACTUS Freelance Editor
- Exceptional command of the English language: grammar, punctuation, and idiomatic expressions
- At least two years of experience in editing scientific manuscripts
- Expertise in economics and statistics
One or more of the following are preferred:
- A masters/doctoral degree, preferably with postdoctoral experience
- Familiar with using LaTeX
- Experience in academic writing/editing, publishing, and scientific communications
- Experience in working with ESL (English as a second language) authors and their written materials
- Familiarity with the style and conventions followed in scholarly writing
Why work with us?
Becoming a CACTUS Freelance Editor will provide you with a platform to apply your scholarly knowledge and English-language skills. Our rigorous recruitment process ensures that we select only the best editors. Our managing editors, reviewers, and trainers dedicate quality time to ensure that once on-board, our freelance editors receive all the information and support they need.
- We screen your CV/resume and check whether your profile meets our requirements
- We ask you to take a short editing test
- You hear from us within one week of submitting your completed test
- If selected, we sign a contract and confidentiality agreement with you
- Once the paperwork is done, you’re on-board and we’re set to go!
Note: Since these are freelance positions, and NOT employment, job hours are flexible.