Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 47,000 clients across 112 countries. At CACTUS, we offer researchers, universities, institutes, and research laboratories high-quality, cost-efficient editorial solutions that help them create publication-ready documents.
We are seeking a talented individual who can join our Medicine team, on a full-time remote basis, as an academic editor specializing in medicine and related fields.
Desired skills & expertise
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Life sciences or Medicine
- A specialization in Cancer Research would be preferable
- At least two years’ mandatory experience in editing academic manuscripts
- Excellent written English skills and good attention to detail
- Good time-management skills and ability to work with deadlines
- Familiarity with MS Word
With this opportunity, you can work from your preferred location, such as your home office (8 hours each day and 5 days a week, flextime), while coordinating with the Managing Editor and Process Coordinator based in our Mumbai office.
Your regular day at work would involve
- Editing academic manuscripts as per author specifications, to impart a high standard of English and ensuring correct use of terminology and subject-specific style and conventions
- Reviewing the work of other editors to ensure that edited manuscripts are of high quality and completely error-free before they are sent to the author
- Following journal requirements and sharing good publication practices with authors
- Ensuring that all assignments are delivered on time, by the specified deadline
Job location/type: Remote/home-based, Full-time. Note that because this is a remote-contract position, employment benefits – e.g., medical insurance – are not applicable here.
Important: Since we receive a large number of applications, we’ll get back to you only if your CV is shortlisted.