Cactus Club Cafe Employee Reviews

Cactus Club
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2017
Cactus club is a great company to work with. Their job work/work life balance, salary/benefits, job security/advancements, management and job culture are positive.
Typical Cactus.
Line Cook. Station Leader (Former Employee) –  Coal Harbour, BC12 October 2017
Long Hours, good looking girls, superficial people working for a superficial company. There isn't really a chance of advancement unless you are willing to die for the company or you are in the inner circle. You can't really express your frustration because everyone is replaceable.
Pros
None.
Cons
Not even staff meal, or health benefits.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 October 2017
Learned to Prep Foods
Workplace is social and enjoyable to work in
Management was nice
Good job security and opportunities to advance
Staff discounts on food
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 September 2017
Cactus Club Café is a good place to work. Sometimes understaffed which makes it difficult to get any time off throughout our peak seasons. Overall, great job for students and people who need to make a decent amount of money while remaining constantly busy.
An Awesome Place to Work if You're a Student
Shift Leader, Server, and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 September 2017
I worked at Cactus Club Cafe while I was studying and it provided a great work culture, work-life balance, and great money. I met so many like-minded people that turned out to be life-long friends. The hardest part of the job would be the hours that you are on your feet and having to deal with difficult customers.
productive and fun workplace with friendly people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 September 2017
For the time that I worked at Cactus, I really enjoyed the environment, and meeting all the welcoming, friendly business partners. My training was phenomenal. The managers and business partners never failed to help me out whenever I felt uncertain of how to do something. Overall amazing service.
Great learning experience with room for advancement/great for uni students
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2017
Great learning experience as at 16, it was my first real job. I was treated as an equal business partner which ultimately led me to develop exceptional customer service skills through a business .
Pros
room for advancement/pay raise
nice to work with others
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 September 2017
1.Sous chef are good, but during busy times sous chef doesn't know how to manage their own staff
2.during winter time your not guarantee 40 hours a week
Pros
half price
Cons
during fall and winter not guaranteed hour
Fun place to work, great place to learn, good experience
Line Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2017
All the sous chefs and staffs are nice. It can be very busy in coal harbour location especially during summer time, but during fall and winter it can be very slow. And your 40h/week won't be guaranteed, since they tend to cut people off when the restaurant sales aren't that high. However, if this is your first restaurant and intends to be in food industry I highly recommend working here. Cactus Club Coal Harbour is always hiring!
Pros
50% discount meals
Cons
During fall, 40h per week is not guaranteed, they can cut y
Fun work environment with like minded people
Server, Bartender, Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC27 August 2017
I started as a server. Soon, I progressed into bartending and being part of the management team as a shift leader. Cactus Club provides you with advancement opportunities within the company. The culture at Cactus Club is very important as they try to hire like-minded people with winning attitudes and positive outlooks on life. It makes your coworkers more like friends which makes going to work a blast. The hardest part for me was saying goodbye to my coworkers as I had to relocate for school. The most enjoyable part was being able to be myself in a mutually benefiting environment.
Fun student job with short shifts
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 August 2017
Cactus is constantly hiring, which makes this a good route to go when you're trying to get your first job in high school. They strongly believe in starting off their front-of-house staff as hosts (even if you have serving experience) so they can teach you their habits. At my location, hours were scarce as it was a smaller restaurant and so moving up to serving took a while.
Pros
Fun coworkers, friendly management, 50% off all menu items.
Cons
Short hours as a host, occasional attitude from senior girls.
Fun Place
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2017
Cooking is my passion as well. Though I dont have any restaurant experience they were patient enough to thought me step by step how to handle working in the kitchen
positive workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
I learned great communicative skills and interpersonal skills. Fun environment to work in but advancement is out of order and not truly fair. Management is very helpful during shifts, if you need help or what not.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
no breaks, long hours occasionally
A wonderful company to work for
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
This company made me want a career in the restaurant industry. They helped me develop all the skill necessary to achieve my goals before moving on to my own ventures. Fast paced, corporate. Good pay.
not impressed
server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2017
worked there quite a while ago,I personally found most of the management great, but very dramatic environment and is very political. The training program is good, the shifting is absolutely terrible and it is not an easy Job to work if you would also like to have a social life.
Fun for young people
Barback (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 August 2017
Fun for young people. Cactus club was a great place to work and make money. Communications between you and management has no transparency and they will not treat you fairly
Pros
people
Cons
management
Lots of Fun!
HOSTESS/BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 August 2017
lots of new faces every day
added knowledge to my customer service experience
culture is very inviting, however sexist in some instances
had to wear heels and do makeup everyday, which is unfair
Team
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 July 2017
On the paper the management, workplace culture and marvellous team are perfect. However, something doesn't working very well because co worker doesn't help. They just think in your job. they don't think like a team.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Long hours stand up.
Was able to work lots and make good money
Server (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 July 2017
Was able to work lots and make good money. Staff was great. Busy fast paced environment. Busiest serving job I've had. Was full time and always had long and plenty of shifts in a week.
Fun place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 July 2017
Always a good time at work with the positive energy and lovely people. They always try their best to accomodate your needs. The atmosphere is great to be in and to gain experience.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
not enough hours for summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cactus Club Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2