Cactus Club Cafe Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun employees tow ork with, junior management and limited forward movement
Shift Leader, Bartender (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 21, 2016
Learning is self driven, and often not very rewarding.
Management is overall fairly junior
The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff you work with
Pros
Fun staff, discounted food
Cons
Inexperienced management
Productive and Fun work place.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 17, 2016
Great management team, and well-trained staff members who are very friendly and work oriented. Everyone is focused at whatever task is assigned and work as a team to get things done.
Fast paced place to work in with phenomenal growth potential
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
The management team is very helpful and flexible with regards to assisting with both customers and coworkers. The most enjoyable part of being an expeditor is probably the rush that comes with perfecting your skills and providing excellent service everyday. It takes a lot of patience and practice to learn how to expedite well, but you have a lot of support from your coworkers and managers every step of the way. There will definitely be growth, and you will be pushed to work hard, but you definitely grow and learn from every experience.
Pros
Young, fast paced environment, lots of opportunity to grow
Cons
Inadequate hours for full-time employment
CCC Jasper
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
I was really looking forward to working here, but as the months continued on it wasn't quite what I had expected. People there were so clicky due to the fact they have been there since it opened a couple years ago. I had troubles making friends and it wasn't enjoyable for me. Decided it wasn't for me and started focusing on school
Pros
Management was accommodating
Cons
People were mean
Cactus Club Cafe - My experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
My experience at Cactus Club was fantastic. Unfortunately due to my heavy school schedule and the type of schooling I am doing, it became too taxing on my body.

Cactus Club has the best training experience ever. They really do help and foster you as a cook in the kitchen. There are numerous opportunities for you to move up in the chain of command. It really is an amazing workplace.

For me, I was just interested in part-time work. However, they would often give me 10 hour shifts which is honestly a lot. If I was not in school full time and I was working at Cactus Club, I think it would be a fantastic job.
Pros
amazing training, great management, able to move up chain of command, respect
Cons
Great place to learn valuable skills in the food and beverage industry.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCNovember 26, 2015
Cactus club is a great company to work for and grow in. I have worked there for nine years now and still love everyday. The level of training you receive in every area is impeccable. I would advise anyone wanting to learn and grow in the restaurant industry to go work there.
greeting customers
Prep/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCOctober 12, 2015
Greet customers as they come to your till. scan food, make the customers feel appreciated. be fast and efficient. do a walk through around your till make sure it is clean and no baskets are laying around.
Pros
nice break times
Cons
standing on feet for long hours
Good place to work for pretty people
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 16, 2015
The job itself is great.
Besides being underpaid and somewhat poorly trained, I loved working at Cactus and would again.
The sous chefs truly care about their staff, as do the regional chefs and head chef.
Cactus Club is one of the greatest establishments to work at for two main reasons
-The management is phenomenal
-They use the best of the best foods
Pros
50% off days worked. $500 cash bonus if you referred a new employee
Cons
10 hr shifts, lucky to get your 15 minute break. You got to look a certain way, otherwise you could get sent home.
Fast paced work environment with a fun based staff.
Server (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 18, 2015
Was in an environment that enabled me to push myself to be better in order to move up through the company. Was surrounded by like minded people who were thriving to do the same.
Fun work environment, great people to surround yourself with. Everyday is different and presents new challenges.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton/CalgaryAugust 4, 2015
I learnt the complete operation of a 13 million dollar a year business.

Developed great communication and people skills. Highly experienced in customer service and guest relations. Built relationships with guest including some of the most influential people in Alberta.

Lead, motivated and trained large team of employees and built solid relationships along the way. Development of junior managers and shift leaders as well as recruiting, hiring and training new managers.
Pros
Working with people my age in a fun enthusiastic environment.
Cons
Long hours, nights, weekends and away from my family.
Cactus club is amazing place to work. Everyone is a little family and my day is enjoyable because I can give guests an amazing experience and service
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJuly 17, 2015
My typical day at work would be to set up the computer floor plan and also put in reservations. I would set up the reservations, check tables, polish cutlery, wipe down menus and books. Bathroom checks are done to insurance cleanliness. I would vacuum and make sure all tables are clean and restaurant it set up. It will be my job to coordinate the screen and distribute guests evenly through out the restaurant as well flip tables quickly. The management team is incredible and the co-workers are all a little family. I have been their for 6 years and I love it and I am extremely hard worker. The hardest part of the job is the heels. My feet are so bad from wearing them for 6 years, I need a change where I can wear practical shoes as I am in need of surgery sometime in the future because of the damage done. Everything is awesome about my job! I love it, just not the heels.
fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 3, 2015
I learned alot from being a cook, different dishes and recepies. the management was fun and always engaging. co-workers were fun to work with.
A supportive workplace that focuses on your growth, as well as fun.
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 2, 2015
I worked for Cactus Club Café on and off for almost ten years. There is a reason I kept coming back to them. It is extremely difficult to find another culture or work environment that can compare.

A typical work day included being excited to see your co-workers, happy to see returning customers, training and learning about exciting new products, company sponsored events such as dodgeball, barbeques etc.

One thing that stuck out to me was whenever I felt I had a problem or issue with something at work, there was always an accomplished manager who was supportive and willing to find solutions. A safe work environment makes a huge difference in employee happiness.
Pros
fun workplace, flexible hours, compensation for hard work
Fast paced and fun.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 24, 2015
Live your restaurant dreams in a fast paced work environment.
Be passionate and strive for excellence. and you will make it past the restrictive wages.
Great work environment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  North VancouverFebruary 24, 2015
My job at Cactus Club Cafe was fun and an excellent learning experience. They taught me a lot in the food industry. The managemet was well organized and helped me excell into the chef I am today
Great Work Enviroment, with fun people and a positive atmosphere
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCFebruary 4, 2015
Some hard work but any work done is always noticed and management sees hard work. Very active management team. Opportunity for advancement makes the job fun and enjoyable to stive for more.
Pros
good staff discount, team building
Cons
late nights(expected)
Such a Fabulous Company
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver AreaOctober 27, 2014
great great company to work for, tones of support from really knowledgeable upper management with great integrity. the company is growing at a very fast rate so lots of opportunity coming down the pike.
Pros
room to grow and advance
Cons
have to work nights once in awhile
Fun working environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2014
Great place to work and develop social skills. Good atmosphere where you can meet lots of people from all walks of life. Learned how to handle customer complaints and how to balance co-worker needs to company needs.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
hours can be tiring
The best casual fine dinning restaurant in North America
Server/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaAugust 26, 2014
Dealing with happy customers and learning how to create happy customers. Great supportive management team and business partners.
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJune 6, 2014
Cactus Club Cafe is rated the fourth best company to work for with over one hundred employees. Always had a great time at work starting anywhere from 12 o'clock to 6 and working anywhere from 8 to 10 hour days. The management team was always in a fantastic mood and had no trouble helping fellow employees. The environment was always friendly and people loved to be at work. I learnt a wide variety of different dishes which helped progress my knowledge of the culinary industry. The most enjoyable part of my job while working there would have to be the people as everyone were willing to lend a hand or teach you something new which brightened the overall atmosphere.
Pros
people, hours, learning new things
Cons
n/a

4.3