Cactus Club Cafe Employee Reviews

GROSS staff
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
I know that the staff im speaking of are at a different location now, but I have never worked with more gross, homophobic, elitist people. If you want to work here make sure you are up to date on sports.
Pros
Main staff amazing
Cons
Management is utter garbage
fun workplace
Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
I enjoy working at Cactus Club. My General Manager is very supportive and approachable. The food menu is amazing. What I love about this job is the interactions with people and the relationship you build with them. Great company to work for. Everyone is a team player.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unstable hours
Solid place to work as a line cook!
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 January 2018
It's a fairly mandated job with structured advancement, but it has heart to it at its core. I worked here for 5 or 6 months, and only left because the management wouldn't allow transfers from BoH to FoH without leaving for 3 months
Pros
Discounted food, good team atmosphere, structured yet fun
Cons
Long hours, busy work, physically exerting
Great atmosphere, lots of potential to move forward within the company or other companies
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 January 2018
I loved the camaraderie that all the employees shared, food and drinks in abundance and always so tasty. Corporate culture taught me a lot about consistency and restaurant business. Hardest part was being expected to sell even when people seemed annoyed with you talking with them.
Amazing workplace with a fun atmosphere
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2018
Cactus Club has been voted one of the best places to work overall in Canada for years, and best place to work while being a student (flexible hours and great pay)
Unfortunately, once you've reached the top there isn't any room for advancement unless you want to relocate to Vancouver to the Head Office.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Male dominated workplace, too many inappropriate relationships
fun easy, flexable
Barback (Former Employee) –  1st canada place6 January 2018
good part-time job for the ideal youth to figure out what they want to do in the career. Great team environment with functioning staff who are keen on acquiring knowledge in each base of there job specifications.
Pros
free lunches
Nice location, Great people, Great leaders
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2018
Typical day would look like starting at nine am opening the store, going over the close from the night before. 11am the store needs to be ready for guests to come into the building. Bar, lounge and dinner room needs to be in great condition. Then you interact with guest and partners until the end of your shift.
Fun & Friendly Workplace
Shift Leader & Server (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 November 2017
Great place to work for students and young adults in school. Flexible hours and a great environment.
Made a tonne of great friends and always looked forward to going to work!
Fun and fast paced.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 October 2017
Fun, fast paced work with plenty of great people. The managemnt was incredible, you could tell that every one cared about their workers. I learned everything from organization skills to how to fix and clean complex equipment. Everybody there was a hard worker so you never had to carry anyone. Hardest part was probably the hours, however that should be expected at any restaraunt. My favorite part of working was that there was always something to learn, and everyone was willing to teach you.
Pros
Discount on great food
Cons
Late nights
a day at cactus
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC22 October 2017
It was easy and fun. The other employees were super friendly! I learned to interact with various types of customers. The management team was a great support. It was a nice summer job.
Pros
the 50% discount on food
Cons
split shifts
Cactus Club
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2017
Cactus club is a great company to work with. Their job work/work life balance, salary/benefits, job security/advancements, management and job culture are positive.
Typical Cactus.
Line Cook. Station Leader (Former Employee) –  Coal Harbour, BC12 October 2017
Long Hours, good looking girls, superficial people working for a superficial company. There isn't really a chance of advancement unless you are willing to die for the company or you are in the inner circle. You can't really express your frustration because everyone is replaceable.
Pros
None.
Cons
Not even staff meal, or health benefits.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 October 2017
Learned to Prep Foods
Workplace is social and enjoyable to work in
Management was nice
Good job security and opportunities to advance
Staff discounts on food
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 September 2017
Cactus Club Café is a good place to work. Sometimes understaffed which makes it difficult to get any time off throughout our peak seasons. Overall, great job for students and people who need to make a decent amount of money while remaining constantly busy.
An Awesome Place to Work if You're a Student
Shift Leader, Server, and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 September 2017
I worked at Cactus Club Cafe while I was studying and it provided a great work culture, work-life balance, and great money. I met so many like-minded people that turned out to be life-long friends. The hardest part of the job would be the hours that you are on your feet and having to deal with difficult customers.
productive and fun workplace with friendly people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 September 2017
For the time that I worked at Cactus, I really enjoyed the environment, and meeting all the welcoming, friendly business partners. My training was phenomenal. The managers and business partners never failed to help me out whenever I felt uncertain of how to do something. Overall amazing service.
Great learning experience with room for advancement/great for uni students
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2017
Great learning experience as at 16, it was my first real job. I was treated as an equal business partner which ultimately led me to develop exceptional customer service skills through a business .
Pros
room for advancement/pay raise
nice to work with others
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 September 2017
1.Sous chef are good, but during busy times sous chef doesn't know how to manage their own staff
2.during winter time your not guarantee 40 hours a week
Pros
half price
Cons
during fall and winter not guaranteed hour
Fun place to work, great place to learn, good experience
Line Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2017
All the sous chefs and staffs are nice. It can be very busy in coal harbour location especially during summer time, but during fall and winter it can be very slow. And your 40h/week won't be guaranteed, since they tend to cut people off when the restaurant sales aren't that high. However, if this is your first restaurant and intends to be in food industry I highly recommend working here. Cactus Club Coal Harbour is always hiring!
Pros
50% discount meals
Cons
During fall, 40h per week is not guaranteed, they can cut y
Fun work environment with like minded people
Server, Bartender, Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC27 August 2017
I started as a server. Soon, I progressed into bartending and being part of the management team as a shift leader. Cactus Club provides you with advancement opportunities within the company. The culture at Cactus Club is very important as they try to hire like-minded people with winning attitudes and positive outlooks on life. It makes your coworkers more like friends which makes going to work a blast. The hardest part for me was saying goodbye to my coworkers as I had to relocate for school. The most enjoyable part was being able to be myself in a mutually benefiting environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cactus Club Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2