Cabot Corporation Employee Reviews

overall positive but...
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA29 August 2017
with limited opportunities, very nice colleagues, However, very poor work life balance. most importantly, do not see much opportunities to advance your career.
Maybe it is myself, not the company.
Manual Labor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boyertown, PA28 August 2017
I was a working production supervisor during a labor dispute with the union.
Exposure to hydrofluoric acid
Worked 12 hour shift 12 days on 2 days off for over 8 months
Learned a difficult process for the production of Tantalum powder
Process was intensive manual labor
Other acids used in the process
Pros
Over time pay
Cons
Exposure to a difficult process, limited time off
otima
Auxiliar Administrativo (Former Employee) –  rua paraiso17 August 2017
otima melhor empresa para se trabalhar, aprendi muito nessa empresa
Plant closed
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Waverly, WV16 August 2017
Very much to be learned at Cabot Ohio river .
Talented employees surrounded my a crumbling facility . I learned a lot from my time at Cabot . Ultimately the plant was closed .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Plant closed
Overall good company
Unit Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LA13 August 2017
At my site work life balance is really good, management is solid, and attitudes are positive. Compensation/benefits are very competitive. Can't speak for all sites though.
Gave me a chance to provide a great living for my family.
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TX22 July 2017
Great company , I was blessed to have this job ,I was able to work my way through the ranks to get to the position I wanted the most .I just needed a change after thirty years in the chemical plants .
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
Changing of the culture over the years
Can not say anything bad about Cabot Corperation
Maintenance Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MA11 July 2017
Great place to work, they closed the plant for a day and took us all to Fenway to enjoy a Red Sox game. Excellent Benefits Highest paid job i had ever had! I sure miss the people i worked with! Great bunch of guys & girls. The best foreman I had ever had!!!!
great place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA23 June 2017
Cabot was a great place to work. The indeed had work life balance with flexible hours. Unfortunatly, the company decided to outsource some departments overseas.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA17 June 2017
Great, collaborative, atmosphere and knowledgeable people. Recent turnover at the CEO level, that has been definitely for the better. New CEO is visionary and, I believe has the right skill set and vision to keep the Company growing.
Pros
Great leadership team, collaborative, multinational environment
Great place
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LA29 May 2017
it was a nice place to work. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. They believe in teamwork and give positive feedback on all work and attempt to work.
Lacking structure
Senior Drilling and Completion Fluids Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen City16 May 2017
An decent enough company which do invest in their employees and engage with customers. Lacking in structure though and their management / HR is not what is should be.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Get rid of staff when things get tough
Best Company I have worked for
Sr. Applications Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  BILLERICA, MA16 April 2017
I always looked forward to coming to work because every day was never the same. Workload was always heavy and I constantly learned new skills. Great sense of team work in every department and overall when I first started in 2004, people were very happy.
Sadly as management made more and more bad financial decisions and an atrocious unbalance in spending I saw some of the hardest working and most valuable employees laid off. Very sad.
Through it all, I think Management's intent is to continuously uphold the great company it has always been.
Pros
Very pro-employee benefits. Respect in the workplace.
Cons
Management favoritism
Great company with good benefits
Mailroom Supervisor /Shipper (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA2 February 2017
Great work place environment, where employees are shown a great of respect regardless what level you are level in the organisation. Clean, pleasant, friendly culture.
production company
Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TX21 December 2016
Allowed to work up and learn new things to develop skills. Able to work with a team of highly trained millwrights and large company.
Company allowed us to cross train and become well rounded associate.
Pros
Great benefits and allowed to work overtime.
Cons
Company sold many times.
Stable, no rocking the boat
Sr. Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LA17 December 2016
OK company, doesn't do anything without months of review. Fairly bureaucratic from the top down. If you want to work at a place that is slow moving, this would be a good place.
Cabot has the vision to invest in welfare and training of their people at all levels
Engineering and Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabot Barry U.K15 December 2016
A great place to work for .You have been valued as a person at any level in the organisation . The company is looking after the welfare of the individual ie you are not a number and you have been listened to.
The company allocates a substantial budget for training the individuals in both technical and the soft-skill .The opportunity for promotion is also available for the right candidates both in UK or overseas within the Cabot Corporation.
I was sad to leave the workforce and the company when I retired from my job.
Pros
Open door policy and support from the management
shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Centerville, LA26 June 2016
Unless you fit in with the click or do non company things you will not work there. I worked there for almost 2 years and trust me Cabot is not all what it seems. I did not my work to the best of ability and was not enough,
Great company with good benefits. People are very nice
Sr. Admin Coordinator/Facilities and SH&E Manager (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA15 June 2016
Cabot is a great company to work for. My skills were utilized and I felt challenged everyday.

The people made the job enjoyable. All levels interact directly and there is advancement available in most departments.

I learned more about Accounts Payable at Cabot which put me in a "super users" category using the JD Edwards finance system. With this knowledge I was able to train new employees on the system and help when needed.

The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent workload.

Event planning was also a job task that I enjoyed. Several times/year there were large meetings and events planned at our site that required customization and attention to details. This was the "fun" part of my job.
Pros
Benefits/Compensation
small family plant atmosphere
Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pryor, OK17 April 2016
Cabot has a family environment that is casual and easy to work within. We are a small group that has overlapping duties. It is challenging but rewarding.
long hours, good product, competitive market, great customer relationships.
region sales (Current Employee) –  Western states7 January 2016
Overnight travel 50% large region, 25-30% administrative work, Selling premium product in a very price competitive market. Good customer relationships.
Pros
good benefits good people reasonable about expenses and entertaining.
Cons
highly competitive environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabot Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9