Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful place to work!
Outfitter (Current Employee), Triadelphia, WVOctober 29, 2013
Pros: benefits, discounts, lots of employee incentive, paid holidays
Cons: working sundays
A great atmosphere to work in, something new to learn every day. Advancement is slow but opportunities are there for those who want them.
awesome place to work
Inventory Management Associate (Former Employee), Allen, TXOctober 26, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: more part time jobs and only a few full time jobs available
I helped open the Cabela's in Allen. It is a fun place to work. You meet a lot of nice people. Plus wearing jeans and tennis shoes to work is always very comfortable.
the break room is super nice and the coworkers
Retail Cashier (Former Employee), Hammond, INOctober 25, 2013
working for the company is good but the management was not so nice in that place.
great place to work
Retoucher (Former Employee), Sidney, NEOctober 24, 2013
Pros: small town living with good pay
Cons: office is in the middle of nebraska pan handle. nothing around
loved working for Cabela's. people are nice, pay was great, and so were benefits. had to sign 2 year contract to work, and they relocated my family to nebraska. would still be working there but children were young and hated living in a isolated high plains town. closest mall was 100 miles away in cheyenne wy.
cabelas
Warehouse Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Gonzales, LASeptember 27, 2013
a really good company to work for. i would recommend others to work here.

also has very good beenfits.
Cebala's
Warehouse Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Gonzales, LASeptember 23, 2013
Is a really good company to work for. If someone would ask me what is a good company to work for i'd tell them cabelas.
Low Pay
Customer Service Outfitter (Current Employee), Rogers, MNSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: low pay
Even with the amount of experience I bring to Cabela's I was started under $10/hour and the prospect of ever making decent money is unlikely.
Great Environment
Customer Service Lead/ Training Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Great place to work...fun. Management great/Outfitters were great...was at opening a fun place
Great company. Great values
cashier/ customer service (Former Employee), post falls, idSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: healthcare, insentives, flexable schedual, family values
Cons: lots of he said she said. low raises.
I worked for Cabelas just over a year only leaving to stay home with my newborn. They are a great company. We were given opportunity to earn bonuses and sometimes had daily prizes. The management was good for the most part. The like to play "musical managers" and change departments a lot. They worked well around my schedule. The owners take great pride – more... in the company and woluld even tour the stores and give out prizes and have a party. I loved my coworkers. All in all it was a wonderful place to work. – less
Retail: stockying organizing iteams
Customer service (Former Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 5, 2013
-A typical day at work is everything goes perfect
-I learned how to put in a order on the computer
-Management was every easy
-my co-worker were very friendly
-The most hardest part of the job is when certain things do not get done
- The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday
Respectful workplace that treats you like family
Credit Card Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boise, IDSeptember 4, 2013
Cabela's is an excellent company to work for, I enjoyed my time there and was sad to leave when I graduated college and moved away.
i found it a bad career choice for me one i now regret
Sales Associate/Club Membership Manager (Former Employee), Billings, MTAugust 14, 2013
Pros: great way to spend the day talking about fishing hunting and camping
Cons: see above in the ever changing market cabelas needs to get their heads out of their butts
while the whole basis of Cabelas core values is solid. i found that the store i worked with lacked drive and respect for employees under you. a GM that was disconnected from employees and other managers was a horrible experience. Training was so lacking on a whole scale that often people were just thrown to the wolves. the training that was received – more... was so generic that often people had to do their own research to be better sales personal.in the Midwest district you had regional managers that were so out of touch that they had no clue on what was happening.In a store that is 89,000 square feet the turn over was way to high when employees filled out their employee survey it was perceived that no one in the whole organization cared to change things. the mentality that you are left with is quit or get fired we will replace you anyway . – less
Great place to work in order to balance work and personal life
Customer Relations Associate II (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 13, 2013
The people that work at Cabela's are a great bunch of people to work with. They do a great job at creating a place where their workers can balance family and work life. If you like spending time on the phones talking to customers, then this is the job for you.
cabelas
Cashier and customer service (Former Employee), wheeling, wvAugust 9, 2013
I enjoyed working at Cabela's. It is a fast paced retail store, and you get to enjoy plenty of customers.
Probably the best job I ever quit.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kearney, NEAugust 6, 2013
As a college student working part time, this was an excellent opportunity to gain more knowledge of the sports that I enjoy. Most of the management staff that I worked with is no longer employed by this company, and I was dissuaded from exploring further opportunities since my college education would give me better options.
Typical Warehouse
DC Associate (Current Employee), Triadelphia, WVAugust 4, 2013
The job is what it is. It's a warehouse job; fairly low pay, long hours, hot, noisy, no guarantee of getting 40 hours per week, and very little room for advancement.
Great place to work overall
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee), Hamburg, PAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: strong outdoor-centric culture, great discount for employees
Cons: mixed schedule; long hours
Typrical day at work involves daily openening and closing duties, multiple levels of discipline are needed to succeed. Multi tasking and strong organizational skills are essential. Strong backgroung in personel management are used daily. Understanding of all levels of accounting/finance are essential for position.

Most enjoyable aspect of job is working – more... with the team that exists in the store. Also, working with product that represents the outdoor lifestyle. – less
Fun place to work with flexible schedules.
NICS Outfitter (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2013
Pros: discounts and flexible work schedules
Cons: part time or seasonal
Cabelas is a great place to work if yo need a prt time or seasonal job. Management is very flexible in helping employees balance work and family.
Cool place to work!
Bargain Cave Outfitter (Current Employee), Tulalip, WAJuly 19, 2013
Cool place to work! I enjoy the people I get to work with! I am learning so much working with this company. Management is great! Hardest part is not knowing when you will be scheduled until the next schedule is posted.
A great company that is MANAGING itself into irrelavance!
Asset Protection (Former Employee), Allen, TXJuly 18, 2013
Management is what is found in the absence of leadership.

The most difficult part of this job was dealing with "policies" that were randomly enforced and changed daily. Policy trumps common sense!

Management is what is found in the absence of leadership.

About Cabela's Inc.

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest – Read more