Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and interesting place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kearney, NEJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good hours during the holiday season.
Cons: after the holiday season you dont get any hours.
I enjoy working with Cabela's customers as they are diverse and interesting to work with. Opportunity for good hours during the holiday season.
outdoor retail store
Cashier (Former Employee), South Charleston, WVJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: hours
I ran the cash register promoted club cards and replacement plans along with stock shelves
A day at Cabela's CLUB
Dispute/Chargeback Supervisor II (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 6, 2014
My days were spent overseeing a group of entry level staff who serviced our cardholders and participating in side projects to better the organization and the commitment to cardholders. I enjoyed the challenging projects I worked on, the casual work environment, and the people I worked with.
Cashier (Former Employee), Prairie du Chien, WIDecember 30, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough money
It was a fun place to work, helped out customer's. I worked with lovely people, the hardest thing about my job was having to ask the customer's if they wanted to sign up for a credit card because the customer's thought it was invading their privacy when we had to ask them all these question.
An OK job
NIC's out fitter (Former Employee), Boise, IDDecember 30, 2013
Pros: company bbq, and drawings for some great prizes
Cons: expensive insurance, no hours for part time employees and no set schedule for full time employees
Cabela's was a good job but it was a game of favorites everyday with the managers and there was no room for advancement for any one who was not on the favorites list so for two years I worked the same job even after applying for many jobs in other departments. But as far as a job goes not a bad place to work for temporary employment.
Learned selling abilities and order taking abilities.
Advanced Sales Rep (Former Employee), North Platte, NEDecember 20, 2013
Pros: got bonuses for different things.
Cons: you are constantly on the phone all day long.
Took phone orders from different people in different states. Learned about all the merchandise Cabela's offers. The hardest part of the job is tracking merchandise.
Made work like home
Customer Service Outfitter (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 17, 2013
Pros: family like environment
Cons: to many hours, no family time
although home would have been a better option. Cabela's tried to make everyday a easy day. the company was extremely organized, yet I never got to truly spend time with my family as I would like at home. management was always around to help
Great place to work, will learn customer service quickly
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTDecember 11, 2013
Great place to work, I learned a great deal of what customer service is actually about.Customer interactions and how management works within a retail business.
N/A
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Thornton, CONovember 19, 2013
I became familiar with using the scissor lift and pallet jack.
Fun place to work. Great co-workers and customers!
Cash Office Outfitter (Current Employee), Scarborough, MENovember 14, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: closed in office, no advancement, no perks
Work starts at 6 AM, it is a very quiet environment with no windows, where we count/balance all the previous day's work for the store and the bank. Make up the deposits, then send daily reports to our managers and corporate contacts through email or our network system's and on excel.

I have learned to use my time wisely and to multitask to keep up – more... with our daily deadlines. When my work is completed, I search out other work in the store where I can enjoy my co-workers and the customers until my shift ends.

The hardest most stressful part of my job is during the time I train people for the part time position in my office. – less
Core values
Softlines Manager (Former Employee), Tulalip, WANovember 12, 2013
Pros: getting to mentor people
Cons: upper management
I feel that I could have learned more about this company had they gave me the transfer I needed when I moved to Arizona. My co workers were great and enjoyed work with them. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I got to meet on a daily event. My Operations manager at the was an amazing influence on me and I apprieciated working closely with – more... him. Cabelas talks about how they take care of people but they let me down. – less
Fun workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee), Post Falls, IDNovember 10, 2013
A typical day at work is always fun, can never go through the whole day without a smile on your face. I have learned that if you stay positive at work, then you can have a fun and exciting day at work. The management is phenomenal! I like how the managers are always there for their workers and help them with whatever they are having troubles with. My – more... co-workers are very friendly; on my first day of work , my co-workers came up to me and introduced themselves and asked how I was liking the job so far. That right there makes me love this job more and more. The hardest part of the job is where customers see prices online but can only get those prices if they order online. So that can get frustrating. The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to have fun at work. – less
Wonderful place to work!
Outfitter (Current Employee), Triadelphia, WVOctober 29, 2013
Pros: benefits, discounts, lots of employee incentive, paid holidays
Cons: working sundays
A great atmosphere to work in, something new to learn every day. Advancement is slow but opportunities are there for those who want them.
awesome place to work
Inventory Management Associate (Former Employee), Allen, TXOctober 26, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: more part time jobs and only a few full time jobs available
I helped open the Cabela's in Allen. It is a fun place to work. You meet a lot of nice people. Plus wearing jeans and tennis shoes to work is always very comfortable.
the break room is super nice and the coworkers
Retail Cashier (Former Employee), Hammond, INOctober 25, 2013
working for the company is good but the management was not so nice in that place.
great place to work
Retoucher (Former Employee), Sidney, NEOctober 24, 2013
Pros: small town living with good pay
Cons: office is in the middle of nebraska pan handle. nothing around
loved working for Cabela's. people are nice, pay was great, and so were benefits. had to sign 2 year contract to work, and they relocated my family to nebraska. would still be working there but children were young and hated living in a isolated high plains town. closest mall was 100 miles away in cheyenne wy.
cabelas
Warehouse Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Gonzales, LASeptember 27, 2013
a really good company to work for. i would recommend others to work here.

also has very good beenfits.
Cebala's
Warehouse Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Gonzales, LASeptember 23, 2013
Is a really good company to work for. If someone would ask me what is a good company to work for i'd tell them cabelas.
Low Pay
Customer Service Outfitter (Current Employee), Rogers, MNSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: low pay
Even with the amount of experience I bring to Cabela's I was started under $10/hour and the prospect of ever making decent money is unlikely.
Great Environment
Customer Service Lead/ Training Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Great place to work...fun. Management great/Outfitters were great...was at opening a fun place

About Cabela's Inc.

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest – Read more