Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Very easy-going, fun atmosphere
Temporary Hire (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2014
I was handling order/complaints/billing issues as a CSR at Cabelas Canada from all across Canada. Taking orders for camping, hunting, fishing clothing, firearms. It was shift work but no later than 9 p.m. and they were open on Sunday's.

My co-workers were a fun group of people, the atmosphere was very casual.
Great place to work for second job
Firearms inspector/switchboard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 May 2014
Typical day at work was always changing never staying the same something new happening each hour. Learn lots from moving into different departments and new job postings. The co-workers are great to work with and the hardest part of the job crazy with it was busy in the store and stress management with the managers always looking over your shoulder. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers never a dull moment.
Pros
staff days with great food
Cons
long hours and breaks few a far between
Great environment , lots of fun
Inventory and Stock Personal (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2014
It was a great environment, the people there were very friendly.
managment was great the hardest part about it was the overnights but the best part was i got to move all kinds of material from firearms to clothing i never new what to expect
Pros
15% of and you got to listin to mp3s
Cons
somtimes worked overnights while in school
enjoyed working at cabelas pleasant surroundings
picker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2014
climbed ladders to pick orders
learned how to pick orders
friendly management
enjoyable to work with
climbing ladders for eight hours
working with co-workers very enjoyable
Pros
working monday to friday
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon2 January 2014
My work includes reporting/solving errors/working on cycle counts.
Extremely busy pace and a very positive work environment
Outfitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2013
My work place is amazingly positive and an awesome place to be. I love giving awesome customer service and maintaining relationships with my customers and my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the variety and individuality in service which I am able to provide.
Pros
I love the product and the lifestyle the company represents
Cons
I wish I could afford to do it full-time, but the rate of pay does not allow it.
Loved it!
outfitter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta11 September 2013
I absolutely loved working here! The people are fantastic and make it a great environment!
A day in the life of a task outfitter - Readers Diagest version
Task Team (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 August 2013
The people you meet and get to work with are phenomenal. From every day co-workers, to the upper management in the store, establishing friendship bonds come easily.

A typical day, would take me to every department, getting to make displays throughout the store, assisting the receiving team with stock (making features to get it out of the warehouse), and usually planning upcoming promotions and executing them when the time comes.

Hardest part of the job was when we would get low stock levels of a popular item, and having to tell customers we were out of stock.

One of the most enjoyable was seeing the new products, and getting to feature them before the staff even knew we carried them.
Pros
Supportive Managment Team
Cons
Retail
Lots of slack employers that just chat to each other and leave the customers.
Sales/Retail (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 November 2012
The job was alright, but in my mind there was to much slack in teenage and young workers and they took advantage of it and just chatted instead of doing there job. In my mind a good company needs people with a good work ethic to stay strong.
Pros
scheduled hours
Cons
more training needed for many employees
inept management
Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 October 2012
This is not the best place to work, employees are great, management sucks. No communication, and too much favoritism. If you kiss butt in this company you will get ahead, everyone else will be escorted out. Pay is not great either.
Pros
decent discounts on product
Cons
no appreciation for hard work
fun place to work relly enjoyed it
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg19 October 2012
Pick orders out of stock send the order to packing to packed up and sent out .
Cabelas' Edmonton
outfitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton16 October 2012
It starts out as though they are very family oriented and as though they are very flexible...well they are if you are "one of the guy" or until you say no to being over worked and severly underpaid for the expectations placed on you. Don't ever think you will be hired for the position you applied for because in the end you are expected to work everywhere and be able to do everything. The promise to have every weekend off is a HUGE lie. There is not enough staff because they keep quiting. Management is a joke and and look forward to a 10 to max 50 cent raise/hr after a year of working your tail off if you do as you are told. Most staff are ok but the gossip and talking behind backs is over the top especially in the customer service area. This company makes a HUGE HUGE profit and will not pay accordingly and will not hire staff to help all of us who are severly overworked. This company does not care about it's employees one bit. Someone said it in another comment.. The owners of Cabelas' should be sad and ashamed that they allow this to happen. You want quality workers then treat ALL of them the same.
Pros
great merchandise, good discounts
Cons
long hard days, caddy co workers, management that plays favorites. poor pay and raises
over all good place to get great experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 August 2012
Managers always willing to give a helping hand.
great program to learn every section bit by bit
always something to do so it makes the day go by faster and feels like you get so much more done when ur always on the go
Pros
great co workers and managment
Cons
not a set schedule