Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2016
Overall, not a bad place to work. People are friendly. Management could use a few courses on respect,integrity and professionalism.
I was an administrative assistant in the warehouse(the one that they shut down in march of 2015). You really cant apply at the warehouse anymore but can apply at the call center/headoffice on DeBeates. Some people from the warehouse now work there so beware.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
not enough pay
Fun workplace.
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2016
Cabeles is a great company! It has done me well enjoyed working there for the time being now it's time to move onto better things for myself. Awesome environment to work, very calming & the customers are very kind
Pros
Great coworkers .
Cons
The hours, not very many given to employees
Fun and Reliable
Casheir (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 August 2016
wonderful place to work, they clearly care very much for their employees. Customers on average we not that terrible. wonderful environment in general.
Cabelas
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 August 2016
Cabelas treats the employees horrible but pay ok. I hate the manager shes not a very nice women. I want a job where they treat you like adults not like little babies
Pros
free food
Cons
brenda
Fun workplace with great people
Replenishment Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 August 2016
Enjoyed working here, made some great friends, and had a blast learning new skill's and making new relationships with those people around me. Would highly reccomend
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Tough work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 July 2016
Oriented Warehouse Associate With Over 3 Years Experience In All Warehouse Departments. Proficient In Machine Operation And Efficiently Complete All Tasks
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nice Workplace, amazing supervisors, learned new things, very clean environment, culture friendly
Merchandizer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2016
I enjoyed every single day at cabelas and leaned warehouse work. I got forklift training too which was super fun and very useful because i could bring down big boxes myself without calling anyone else to bring it down for me. Very friendly co-workers. My supervisors made it so easy for me that i could not find anything hard. Most enjoyable and fun part when we got pizzas and drinks once a month.
Pros
Free meals once a month
A Joke Of A Workplace
Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2016
Worst management team I have ever worked for in 40 years of experience. They seemed to take excessive pride in the fact that most had worked previously for a whole year at a now defunct Target. I saw no evidence of training, education or leadership abilities. Open door policy and being part of the "Cabela's Family" was laughable. I watched as mature, experienced and capable "outfitters" were "laid off" or hours cut so sharply they had no choice but to move on. (Can you survive on 8 hours a week?), of course not,but teenage students sure can.I believe that Cabela's was once a decent company to work for, now I advise you to stay far far away.....
Cons
Atmosphere, wages and dysfunction.
The best hunting and fishing store.
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2016
Really fun place to work, the staff are amazing but as a lead position they don't give enough training, and the wage should reflect the position.
Great employees to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2016
Overall very good. Management seemed to "micro-manage" often but generally quite approachable and friendly. The company was very customer oriented and client satisfaction was very important.
Loved the day to day interaction with my colleagues!
Pros
positive environment
Cons
low pay
Employees were great people to work with
Cashier part time (Former Employee) –  Cabelas Calgary26 May 2016
Great people to work with except management, they never could get their act together, and they really didn't care about their employees.
Love working here overall
Replenishment Team/ Shipper & Receiver - Full-time (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK7 April 2016
Overall great place to work. Average wages and benefits, Enjoy the overall work place culture. Does have some strict policies most of which are understandable for the business type.
fun fast paced workplace with great staff members.
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2016
I loved working at cabela's. Working there provided me with new skills and also enhanced some of my skills such as customer service and problem solving.
Pros
awesome co workers
Cons
not enough hours!
It's Retail, So Keep Your Expectations Low
Stock Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 February 2016
It's a retail environment. If you don't ask for a good starting wage in the beginning, you'll never get the opportunity again. After being there for a few years, I was making just as much or even less than new hires. Nothing screams motivation like having to attend a morning rally to hear daily sales figures and not getting paid a living wage.

The opportunities for growth and advancement are few and far between. It's not what you know but who you know.
Worst job out there
Backroom Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 December 2015
Where should i start, for the amount of work that you are expected to complete it is extremely under payed. the majority of backroom outfitters making under $12/hr. there is a lot of harassment and sometimes assault between coworkers. ive seen coworkers come to work drunk,hung over, high and they never get in trouble due to the obvious favoritism from managers. the scheduling is terrible, sometimes i went almost a week and a half with no shifts then come back to schedule changes that no one tells you about. i have only seen two people advance in this store, but usually they will hire an outside person first. there is minimal training given and when you ask for training to learn different things you get ignored. there is bad communication between backroom and sales associates. As someone who has worked there since it opened, im surprised its still in business. the discount was terrible and the products are overpriced. when i recently quit the manager seemed enthused about it, which it felt like they wanted me gone.
Pros
made a couple friends
Cons
everything
Family oriented and very nice work environment
Picker, Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  766 Pandora ave east winnipeg mb15 November 2015
A typical day at Cabelas was very satisfying.i have learned many new things i had never tried before,such as using RF guns and internet shipping products that customers have ordered.Ihad set a goal for myself everyday to better my self the next day.I was cross trained in most departments which i enjoyed as i wanted to know as much of the warehouse operations as i could learn.As a result i was able to train new employees in various departments.My supervisors were very nice and easy to get along with as well as all of my co workers which it felt like a family where everybody would take the time to help if help was needed everybody was polite and helpful.I think the hardest part of the job would be the heat in the warehouse in the summer.The most enjoyable part of Cabelas is the people.They are all great,i still keep in touch with many of my coworkers.Also i enjoyed the environment ,working with all the different products and equipment. I truly miss this job.
Pros
Fantastic people and environment to work
Cons
hot in warehouse in summer
Productive and fun call center with flexible hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2015
A typical day at work consists of answering calls and taking orders, working with credit cards, gun licenses etc. and also ocassionally making calls to customer informing them of status of their orders.
Pros
Free cofee and tea
Cons
Short breaks
Fine place to work while it was still opened
Warehouse Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2015
Working at Cabela's warehouse was a great job for me while the were still in operation. After working there for 2 and a half years, upper-management closed down the warehouse and moved there business to a different province. The work environment was great, everyone got along reasonably and got rewarded for working hard. It's sad that they had to close down.
The most enjoyeable part of the job
Gun/Hunting Outfiter (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 November 2015
Was to make sure the customer had a very enjoyable shopping experience at Cabela's & hopefully they fund everything that they where looking for at the store.
fun environment and everyone was pleasant.
Backroom team member (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 November 2015
A fun place to work, management was great, pay was not competitive, no room for advancement, they do not give employees second chances.
Pros
fun environment, not all about numbers.
Cons
wages very low, no room for advancement

65%