Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer Service is the most important part of the job.
Deli Manager (Former Employee), Lehi, UTSeptember 30, 2014
Making sure our customers received the best customer service and the best quality of food.

To maintain a productive crew and make sure that everyone was working fast and efficient to insure that everything ran smoothly.

The crew I worked with were for the most part a joy to be around and were always willing to listen and learn new ways to accomplish – more... our task.There were those that were not as eager to learn.

I loved helping customers and making sure they were happy when they left so that they would come back. The customer is the most important person and you should always be willing to make their experience the best you can. – less
Fun work enviroment, bit of scheduling issues
Cashier (Former Employee), Lewis Center, OHSeptember 29, 2014
I had a great time working for Cabela's, however when I did want to change my availability we did have some issues.
An interactive environment with opportunities to cross train with different departments.
Seasonal Laborer (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVSeptember 9, 2014
Being seasonal labor, learn what each department role and function is to process customers' orders. Benefit is being able to receive a discount at any Cabela's store. Opportunity to be hired full time with additional benefits.
It's a great place to work if you love the outdoor activities and communicating with like customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MissouriSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: discounts on everything in the store, flexible hours
Cons: people run their mouths to much, drama, not professional
Cabela's is my first job. So i learned a lot. i learned cash-handling and also how to communicate with customers and how to handle customers that weren't that nice. i got along with most of my co-workers with no problem at all. the most enjoyable part of my job is just coming in and seeing my awesome co-workers and also knowing that i could be of assistance – more... to a customer that was in need of something. – less
Managment issues
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Rogers, ARAugust 31, 2014
Since the GM left the store all the managers went into disarray and you had no idea who to listen to and the lower employees were constantly heckled to meet certain standards that the managers themselves wouldn't try to meet.
Fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2014
Cabela's is an awesome place to work, they care about employees.
poor place to work
retail (Current Employee), Lonetree, COAugust 19, 2014
Cons: supervisor is hard to work for
Co-workers are very nice the supervisor in our department is not a easy person to work for. She is not well liked through the store.
Well run company, lots of happy customers
Clothing Outfitter (Former Employee), Tulalip, WAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: the discounts and ways to earn them.
Cons: at times, a difficult customer and sometimes it was physically exhausting.
This position was shift work and I learned many things about the retail culture including but not limited to helping and assisting both fun/happy and difficult/unhappy customers, stocking, creating displays, teaching customers about the outdoors - safety and survival first, fun second. I had wonderful, hard-working co-workers. This is a very well run – more... company. The hardest part of the job - not much was hard - during the holidays the long hours were taxing. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the happiness in both the customers and co-workers. – less
Ummm.... Don't work in Rogers MN
Lead (Former Employee), Rogers, MNAugust 11, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: management, gm, core values, outfitters not appreciated, shady place to work, disappointing
I am not going talk bad about Cabela's as a whole because I don't know about other stores but I do know Cabela's in Rogers Minnesota is the worst place I have ever worked for. I have worked for a few places and I have never see such bad management from every angle. The store manager is hardly there and has favorites and honestly looks down on outfitters. – more... I have seen him literally yell at people and have put them down, including myself. You have managers having relations and not approptiate with outfitters or each other, which is against policy. You have managers favoring outfitters that than don't have to work as hard but have the hard workers either get bad shifts or great treated like nothing. I was a lead and I seen a lot of things happen. I was there for three years and can honestly say it wore me down physically and mentally. The communication is horrific and than is blamed on you as a lead because you're under the manager. Managers hardly work and just hang out in their bullpen (cubical's). All they want is money, sales, and club cards. They focus on club cards way too much and customers get angry for being bothered in every department. There is a lot of standing around and talking instead of working. Since I've left the I've noticed the lack of staffing due to people quitting, including a lot of my friends. It's dirty and not organized at all from when I first started three years ago. Amy Wolfe was the GM when I started and she was amazing!!! I also had Corry for my corp manager and she was amazing as well. These new management is the worst and they have no heart into their job and just in it for a paycheck. I was taught when I started at cabelas I'm Rogers mn, that cabelas was a "family" oriented place and the passion was the core values, outdoor experience, and excellent customer service. That isn't there. Like I said, I was a lead and I worked so hard. I picked up slack from my team, worked more hours than I should have, and did my managers work while on vacation a lot for weeks at a time. I was let go for a bogus reason because I was straight forward, blunt, up front, and suck up to management. So I was picked on over other leads in the store. I am thankful for the experience and friendships I grew from that store. But disappointed in all the shady things that happen.
Again, I love Cabela's. But Rogers, MN store needs new management and employees for it to function and keep employees around. – less
Front End Cashier & Floor Assistant (Current Employee), Tulalip, WAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: have potential to earn comission, fun competitons, bbq's. lot's of events
Cons: no cons, sometimes it would be good to work some more hours here.
I love working here, it is a great part time job for me. The passion that flow's through here is amazing. Great team to work with. I could even see in the future when I do finally retire, I will still be here...
fun and hard
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: short breaks and lunch
its fun working with coworkers but its sometimes hard because of the heavy product.
Great Company with a family first philosophy
Fork Lift Operator, Packing Associate (Current Employee), Tooele, UtahJuly 29, 2014
Pros: discount, 401k, benefits, family friendly company
Cons: low pay, schedule changes without advanced notice
Working for Cabela's was like working with family. Everyone was very close and worked well together to get the job done. I was always able to get time off to attend family functions as long as I gave advanced notice.
good
Customer Associate Representative (Former Employee), lincoln NEJuly 24, 2014
I liked my job a lot have to pass a test at the training but the test is not hard. I had 100% scores almost all the time. Never had bad score.
Great work environment, Friendly people
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Owatonna, MNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: onsite resturaunt, beautiful animal displays
Cons: low pay, long hours
1. Prep for the days work
2. Create signage that has been requested by the departments
3. Check over the store floor for needed signage
4. Speak with Corporate and work on suggested projects
Comfortable work environment.
Sales (Current Employee), Allen, TXJuly 21, 2014
Cons: lack of hours.
I like the job, the people I work with are very nice.
The reason I'm seeking another job is I am only working 20 hours a week. It started at 30 hours a week with a chance of more hours. Their business has slowed however and they have cut hours. I really need 40 hours a week.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dundee, MIJuly 13, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: no cons
A typical day at Cabela's is great!! You never get bored listening to stories told by the customers and co-workers. I learned so much more about the out doors than what i already knew. My co-workers were great whenever I needed help they were always there to help. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the new product. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was knowing that I helped that customer with his/her needs. – less
Everybody works as a team
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly work place
Cons: working there during black friday
Store is kept clean and tidy. All employees I've talked with were always friendly and very helpful if i got stuck on something.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: ability to make commission
Cons: inconsistant schedule
I love working with our customers and enjoy my coworkers. I have learned some new job skills.
Fun Company that gave me fantastic experience
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJune 27, 2014
Cabela's was an experience I will never forget. I loved the people I worked with. The experience and adventures that I had there were invaluable!
Very poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thornton, COJune 19, 2014
Pros: most coworkers are nice and friendly.
Cons: poor pay, short staffed, very poor management.
Cabela's is way too top heavy with management. You have to deal with too many bosses with differing ideas so you do not know who to listen to. They claim to care about their employees but never seem to deliver. The store is most always short staffed so you end up covering numerous departments.

About Cabela's Inc.

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest – Read more