Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cabelas Retail
Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good opportunities within Areas
Cons: Favouritism
Cabelas is a fun place to work. There are always activities going on at work and the outfitters are awesome. There are always opportunities to learn multiple positions at Cabelas. The hardest part of the job would be the scheduling and the most enjoyable part of the job is how laid back the managers are and the fun atmosphere.
fun place to work, no work left, contract ended
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 2, 2015

fun
not hard
gay
retail
Minumum wage really low pay based on the expectations. Long, long hours for VERY low pay
former employee (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: micromanagment and favoritisam
I was very happy when I got the job at Cabela's but very soon I found out that this was just another big box retail store. The worst part is the pay, I was told we would get a raise but that never happened. Management is unfair, favouritism is something very visible and known in the store (As a manager you should not have "friends" in the store), there are different pay rates for the same job titles, most get paid minimum wage unless you are one of the favourites. Scheduling is unfair and I had to work every weekend while other employees got to take the weekends off another example of the favouritism . The worst part of my time there was dealing with my manager who was the worst manager I have ever had, she is very difficult to get along with, everyone in the store dislikes her, she changed her mind constantly and liked to blame things that were her responsibility on the employees. The manager did ask a lot and it was definitely NOT worth the minimum wage they were paying me. I felt under-trained in my position;The part I most enjoyed were the people I worked with, I made some good friends and most people are really great and truly deserve more than minimum wage for all the knowledge and excellent costumer service they provide, maybe if I had a better pay and a better schedule that worked with my other job and family life balance I would still work there, even putting up with all the unfairness and the horrible manager, the store is a fun place a lot of cool stuff, but high prices even with the employee discount.
Great place to work for second job
Firearms inspector/switchboard (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 23, 2014
Pros: staff days with great food
Cons: long hours and breaks few a far between
Typical day at work was always changing never staying the same something new happening each hour. Learn lots from moving into different departments and new job postings. The co-workers are great to work with and the hardest part of the job crazy with it was busy in the store and stress management with the managers always looking over your shoulder. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers never a dull moment.
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee), SaskatoonJanuary 2, 2014
My work includes reporting/solving errors/working on cycle counts.
Lots of slack employers that just chat to each other and leave the customers.
Sales/Retail (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 30, 2012
Pros: scheduled hours
Cons: more training needed for many employees
The job was alright, but in my mind there was to much slack in teenage and young workers and they took advantage of it and just chatted instead of doing there job. In my mind a good company needs people with a good work ethic to stay strong.
fun place to work relly enjoyed it
Order Picker (Former Employee), WinnipegOctober 19, 2012
Pick orders out of stock send the order to packing to packed up and sent out .
over all good place to get great experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 13, 2012
Pros: great co workers and managment
Cons: not a set schedule
Managers always willing to give a helping hand.
great program to learn every section bit by bit
always something to do so it makes the day go by faster and feels like you get so much more done when ur always on the go
Headquarters