CAA South Central Ontario

CAA South Central Ontario Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun employees management sucks!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kitchener / waterlooJanuary 14, 2013
Worked for CAA car care for 18 months. Very little work in a busy town, they offered bonus' based on sales instead of flat rate which is fine however when the sales are so cheap the mechanics are LOSING money it's not a very productive work environment! No job security and they are constantly changing local management and roaming managers. Mass firings and lay offs are a daily deal with this company. Pays the bills I guess.... But both worth banging up your own tools over!
Pros
free roadside assistance membership
Cons
working for them...
Was a fun place to work and kept you busy all day!
MSC (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughSeptember 12, 2013
No communication with management and employee's. Was let go for no reason even though I was told my sales numbers and learning curve was excellent!
Manager lied to me on a few occasions. Mostly minor things but I don't need to be deceived just the same.
Customers told me personally that I was very helpful and personable to them and that they would ask for me again!
Staff was great and very helpful!
Pros
Working with the public. Also the other staff were great to work with.
Cons
Commission split unfairly, only made $62 dollars in 3 months, misleading manager, and was not given a reason for dismissal.
This place needs a union to protect employees from mgt
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 23, 2012
A good company that is slowly deteriorating due to the upper managements total disregard for it's people.

For a company that reports themselves as being socially responsible they are anything but.

Mass firings of people with no reasons, only to be replaced by friends of those in management positions.
Pros
very few and becoming less
Cons
management

Comment – July 31, 2015

very true, comment here, once a good place to work, but yes now, not so, new management promotes unskilled former co-workers, and others being let go with no reason, people that were doing their jobs. Others being covered for their inadequacies or personal problems, why, because of who they know. Place is horrible for the politics she has brought.

Room for advancement but a lot of politics
General Accountant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Good place to work, I learned a lot. Food was good, work was interesting, room for advancement was present.
Pros
Good Caf
Cons
Politics
overall great work experience
Member Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONDecember 10, 2012
Great experience working as part of the summer student program. Very good training program, friendly and helpful staff and management.
Fun work place!
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONMarch 20, 2014
Excellent experience! I have enjoyed my time spent at CAA but I am looking forward and feel ready to take up more challenges now.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nothing much!
We make bad days good and good days better
Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONApril 21, 2014
A 100 year old company that focuses on the safety and happiness of our members.

2.3