CAA North & East Ontario Employee Reviews

Travel Agent
Junior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 February 2017
I loved my job and did really well in sales. The only down point for me was having a manager who micro-managed and constantly threatened employees over little mistakes that they would be disciplined or terminated. I eventually made the mistake of complaining to HR about this manager and was told that it was a safe space for me to talk. This manager had threatened to fire me at one point in writing for taking a sick day. HR took notes and seemed to really care.... and then a week later I was let go "without cause" and given severance pay. So as long as a manager's store is selling well... never bother trying to go against them.
That one particular person ruined what could have been a great opportunity for me. The pay was decent, sales came easy, there were good employee benefits and the company would occasionally pay for lunch, treats or a staff outing.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, snacks and dinners. Decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Bad management and HR in an otherwise fun company to work for.
Healthy work environment
Facility and Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 July 2014
It's a good place to work without too much bureaucratic structure. Nice environment and good people.
Pros
Good hardworking people with well appointed skills set
Friendly co-workers
Web commerce developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2013
- Good Work Environment, Work/Life balance
- Stable company
- Friendly People
CAA NEO - an amazing employer!
Manager/Administrator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario22 October 2012
I would start at 8:30, say hello to my great co-workers, managers and VP's.
I would then address and reply to all client and staff e-mails and phone calls.
I would then address all mandate related processes, tasks and decisions.

Management was second-to-none and I am still in contact with many of my amazing co-workers.
There truly was no "hardest part of the job" with CAA NEO.
The most enjoyable part of the job was walking into the building every day as I had done for eight great years. :-)
Pros
great understanding of work-life balance needs for employees, great pay and great vacation time, the challenges were always greeted with a smile and a thank you, as they always made it fun to work there.
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAA North & East Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4